Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ITS A REAL SHAME

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> ITS A REAL SHAME Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ITS A REAL SHAME - 10/6/2013 3:43:52 PM   
garymiboy

Hi,guys.

this game sounds brilliant!!.like a lot of the matrix games [but not all if im honest].im gutted that its so expensive for me.especially with the UK taxes on it ... maybe it will be in a sale sometime soon..i can but hope..
anyway,congrats on a great game !!

ps having a new addition to the family kinda drains my resources at the moment :(]
Post #: 1
RE: ITS A REAL SHAME - 10/6/2013 5:07:12 PM   
tocaff

Sometimes we need to look past the price of the game and think in terms of the long run. A good example of that would be my purchases of Uncommon Valor, War In The Pacific and War In The Pacific/AE. The cost becomes a joke when thinking in terms of all of the hours I have played them. I can't say that I'll be addicted to this game, but it sure does hold lots of promise.

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to garymiboy)
Post #: 2
RE: ITS A REAL SHAME - 10/6/2013 5:12:51 PM   
Dimitris

I hear you on new family arrivals. It's a drain alright.

(in reply to garymiboy)
Post #: 3
RE: ITS A REAL SHAME - 10/6/2013 5:22:34 PM   
SSN754planker

The game IS brilliant. It is very easy to open up the scenario editor and start plopping units down and before you know it, you have a nice little scenario down. Congratulations on the new addition to the family.

Myself, i didn't even flinch at the cost. I have been waiting for something like this for literally YEARS. And i am not alone on that.

MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754

(in reply to garymiboy)
Post #: 4
RE: ITS A REAL SHAME - 10/6/2013 5:52:39 PM   
ExMachina

Yeah, but consider that it's not like you come across a sim of this quality every year (or even every TEN years). Considering the longevity that this game already seems to have built into it, the current price might even make it a bargain.

(in reply to SSN754planker)
Post #: 5
RE: ITS A REAL SHAME - 10/6/2013 8:19:03 PM   
garymiboy

yeah guys ive no doubt its a great game.thats what i was saying but with the price [its the uk tax on top thats the killer..20%].i dont have a problem paying for quality i bought BFTB and WITE so thats not the problem..and i know it will have long term built in as the two ive mentioned above have. but its just out of reach with the new family member

thanks for the comments about our little daughter by the way guys

(in reply to ExMachina)
Post #: 6
RE: ITS A REAL SHAME - 10/6/2013 8:21:55 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: garymiboy

im gutted that its so expensive for me.especially with the UK taxes on it ... maybe it will be in a sale sometime soon..i can but hope..

I feel your pain, and hope that sale comes soon (but don't hold your breath, Steam this is not). The good news is you'll probably be getting so little sleep you'll be too tired to play it anyway

< Message edited by Hertston -- 10/6/2013 8:22:39 PM >

(in reply to garymiboy)
Post #: 7
RE: ITS A REAL SHAME - 10/6/2013 9:01:04 PM   
garymiboy

Hi,Hertston.

yes i know its a long shot on the sale comment.but you never know !!.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 8
RE: ITS A REAL SHAME - 10/6/2013 10:45:46 PM   
Alejo1968

quote:

ORIGINAL: tocaff

Sometimes we need to look past the price of the game and think in terms of the long run. A good example of that would be my purchases of Uncommon Valor, War In The Pacific and War In The Pacific/AE. The cost becomes a joke when thinking in terms of all of the hours I have played them. I can't say that I'll be addicted to this game, but it sure does hold lots of promise.

+1

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 9
RE: ITS A REAL SHAME - 10/7/2013 1:47:48 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: tocaff

How are you so sure that the buyer will like the game and play many hours? The buyer is has a lot to lose if he buys an expensive game and ends up not liking it.

I thought Command Ops was a waste because I don't play it.
But Witp and Command was good for me.

Releasing demos would take some of the ffear out doubtful buyers.

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 10
RE: ITS A REAL SHAME - 10/7/2013 1:57:16 AM   
Casinn

Nothing stopping Matrix from putting a new game on one of their new Sale of the Week, in fact I'd like to see them do some of that, see what results it gets them.
I'd guess a lot of fence sitters would make the plunge in that week and it would turn out very well for them.

Harpoon was just on it a couple of months ago, they are due for more naval game sales!

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> ITS A REAL SHAME Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI