Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: When?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: When? Page: <<   < prev  117 118 [119] 120 121   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: When? - 10/6/2013 12:30:28 AM   
HenrytheSecond

Is there a place I can spend my hard-earned cash to order this game yet?

On the subject of pricing, I'll pay whatever it costs and damn the consequences with my beautiful and ever-understanding wife. However, should the price be less than I'm expecting to pay, I'll be looking for a way to donate the difference to Steve.

He can keep the cash or donate it to a charity of his choice, I don't care, but that man is a lesson to us all in perseverance and determination and he deserves to be paid far more than he'll ever make out of this project. I'm quite certain there is a place already reserved for him in Wargame Elysium, where he will sit at the feet of Donald Featherstone and Charles Roberts. Well, perhaps a little further away because computer wargaming is still viewed with suspicion 'up there'.

Anyhoop, so where can I pay for this thing?

"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier."
(Samuel Johnson, letter to James Boswell, 1778)

(in reply to Sewerlobster)
Post #: 3541
RE: When? - 10/6/2013 3:07:13 AM   
michaelbaldur

quote:

ORIGINAL: HenrytheSecond

On the subject of pricing, I'll pay whatever it costs and damn the consequences with my beautiful and ever-understanding wife. However, should the price be less than I'm expecting to pay, I'll be looking for a way to donate the difference to Steve.

He can keep the cash or donate it to a charity of his choice, I don't care, but that man is a lesson to us all in perseverance and determination and he deserves to be paid far more than he'll ever make out of this project. I'm quite certain there is a place already reserved for him in Wargame Elysium, where he will sit at the feet of Donald Featherstone and Charles Roberts. Well, perhaps a little further away because computer wargaming is still viewed with suspicion 'up there'.

the official release date for MWIF is November 7th.

so 30 days

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to HenrytheSecond)
Post #: 3542
RE: When? - 10/6/2013 10:36:18 AM   
juntoalmar

I agree with HenrytheSecond that this project deserves all of our support. First of all Steve, with his outstanding commitment. Matrix Games and all the rest of people involved in the development too.

But I'd like to thank as well to all the betatesters, forums users, fans... who have been involved in this project for so long, and that are going to make this project possible.

Wargamers are not such a big community of users (compared with other computer games or just with other games), so it is us who makes projects like this to happen as well. Without us and our support, it wouldn't be worthy to invest time & money to make something like WiF (or any wargame beyond Risk).

I know my money will be well invested here. For two reasons:
- What I get, and the time of fun if will get from it.
- From who's getting the money, and the kind of industry that it's supporting. That will help to keep the wargame scene alive.

Anyway... 32 days to go!!!

Post #: 3543
RE: When? - 10/6/2013 6:21:26 PM   
nanorider426

quote:

ORIGINAL: juntoalmar

I agree with HenrytheSecond that this project deserves all of our support. First of all Steve, with his outstanding commitment. Matrix Games and all the rest of people involved in the development too.

But I'd like to thank as well to all the betatesters, forums users, fans... who have been involved in this project for so long, and that are going to make this project possible.

Wargamers are not such a big community of users (compared with other computer games or just with other games), so it is us who makes projects like this to happen as well. Without us and our support, it wouldn't be worthy to invest time & money to make something like WiF (or any wargame beyond Risk).

I know my money will be well invested here. For two reasons:
- What I get, and the time of fun if will get from it.
- From who's getting the money, and the kind of industry that it's supporting. That will help to keep the wargame scene alive.

Anyway... 32 days to go!!!

Amen to that!

Steve, it feels me with joy that your health is getting back on track. Yay!

(in reply to juntoalmar)
Post #: 3544
RE: When? - 10/6/2013 7:18:02 PM   
bo

HenrytheSecond Please refrain from saying "you will pay the costs and damn the consequences", when I was sitting with Steve last week drinking our health drinks he said you know Bill everytime I hear that on the posts I have been raising the price by 5 dollars-US a copy Careful people.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 10/6/2013 7:21:55 PM >

Post #: 3545
RE: When? - 10/8/2013 12:13:12 AM   
HenrytheSecond

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

quote:

the official release date for MWIF is November 7th.

so 30 days

Thanks Michael, but I was aware of the 'When'. I asked for the 'Where'.

I realise that the release date is 7 Nov, but surely Matrix are accepting pre-orders? How else will they gauge demand, server requirements, etc?

It's very unusual for a project's Release date to also be the first day on which it can be paid for.

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 3546
RE: When? - 10/8/2013 12:16:11 AM   
HenrytheSecond

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

HenrytheSecond Please refrain from saying "you will pay the costs and damn the consequences", when I was sitting with Steve last week drinking our health drinks he said you know Bill everytime I hear that on the posts I have been raising the price by 5 dollars-US a copy Careful people.

Bo

Hmmmm, you may have a point, Bo. Though Steve doesn't strike me as a man that would screw us for a few extra dollars at this stage.

Unless that was the master plan all along... (Cue echoing, devious laughter in the background).

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 3547
RE: When? - 10/11/2013 8:27:28 AM   
marcussmccannis

Yes, I'm also of the "Ok, Nov 7th....When can I pre-order?"

Post #: 3548
RE: When? - 10/11/2013 5:03:58 PM   
bo

quote:

quote:

Bo

Hmmmm, you may have a point, Bo. Though Steve doesn't strike me as a man that would screw us for a few extra dollars at this stage.

Unless that was the master plan all along... (Cue echoing, devious laughter in the background).

Anyone who went to Drexel University in Philadelphia is devious even without the laughter its the nature of the school and Steve is its by product.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 10/11/2013 5:06:34 PM >

Post #: 3549
RE: When? - 10/11/2013 6:58:54 PM   
Numdydar

As far I know, Matrix does not do pre-orders for games. So you will just need to wait until the 7th

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 3550
RE: When? - 10/11/2013 7:16:09 PM   
wfzimmerman

As a publisher, let me observe that accepting prepayment creates an obligation. If for any reason (hurricane, technical snafu ...) the date slips past November 7, you will have a lot of very unhappy customers. It's not like you can really go ahead and spend the money on current obligations. Also, it creates just one more thing to track and manage. Cleaner just to sell when ready.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 3551
RE: When? - 10/11/2013 8:23:13 PM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: wfzimmerman

As a publisher, let me observe that accepting prepayment creates an obligation. If for any reason (hurricane, technical snafu ...) the date slips past November 7, you will have a lot of very unhappy customers. It's not like you can really go ahead and spend the money on current obligations. Also, it creates just one more thing to track and manage. Cleaner just to sell when ready.

Perhaps what is being sought by the consumers is certainty? Tell them:
* what it will cost?
* size of download?
* shipping options on manuals ... (how much do they weigh - it won't be cheap!)

Lets get those discussions out of the way and IMHO the punters will then sit patiently with credit card in hand waiting for 7th November

/Greyshaft

(in reply to wfzimmerman)
Post #: 3552
RE: When? - 10/11/2013 9:13:04 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greyshaft

quote:

* what it will cost?
* size of download?

Lets get those discussions out of the way and IMHO the punters will then sit patiently with credit card in hand waiting for 7th November

The download won't be more than 2.23 GB. We might be able to decrease that slightly. Almost all of that is for the 12 tutorial videos (which have now been completed).

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 3553
RE: When? - 10/11/2013 11:43:56 PM   
SamuraiProgrmmr

Does anyone at Matrix think that pre-release of the tutorial videos is a good marketing idea?

Wink wink nod nod!

Not to mention that if handled properly, it could mitigate the internet traffic jam scheduled for Nov 7.

Just thinking out lout (virtually speaking)

Bridge is the best wargame going .. Where else can you find a tournament every weekend?

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3554
RE: When? - 10/11/2013 11:50:31 PM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: SamuraiProgrammer

Does anyone at Matrix think that pre-release of the tutorial videos is a good marketing idea?

Wink wink nod nod!

Not to mention that if handled properly, it could mitigate the internet traffic jam scheduled for Nov 7.

Just thinking out lout (virtually speaking)

Maybe pre-releasing the training videos is one of the seven moments of WOW that the Matrix marketing are pushing at the moment?

Actually, it's probably one of the first six because the seventh will be the price which won't be a case of WOW ... more like a case of

< Message edited by Greyshaft -- 10/11/2013 11:52:00 PM >

/Greyshaft

(in reply to SamuraiProgrmmr)
Post #: 3555
RE: When? - 10/12/2013 2:18:10 AM   
Numdydar

Also don't forget that if you want an AI, that will be an additional cost over and above whatever this version will cost. So there could easily be mutiple moments of WOW on pricing

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 3556
RE: When? - 10/12/2013 4:50:33 AM   
Zorachus99

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

quote:

* what it will cost?
* size of download?

The download won't be more than 2.23 GB. We might be able to decrease that slightly. Almost all of that is for the 12 tutorial videos (which have now been completed).

Why don't you post the tutorials on YouTube for a massive savings on bandwidth?

The meat of the game isn't tutorials...

While 2.23 GB isn't much for me @2 MegaBytes/sec, people on basic DSL 768 KiloBits/sec will be downloading for upwards of 4-5 hours.

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

Post #: 3557
RE: When? - 10/12/2013 5:31:17 AM   
juntoalmar

quote:

Maybe pre-releasing the training videos is one of the seven moments of WOW that the Matrix marketing are pushing at the moment?

I back that!!! And the wait will be easier... (who knows, maybe after watching the video I'll be even more anxious about getting it... hahaha)

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 3558
RE: When? - 10/12/2013 6:24:10 AM   
brian brian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorachus99

this seems like a no-brainer. advertising too.

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 3559
RE: When? - 10/12/2013 5:39:30 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorachus99

quote:

quote:

quote:

* what it will cost?
* size of download?

While 2.23 GB isn't much for me @2 MegaBytes/sec, people on basic DSL 768 KiloBits/sec will be downloading for upwards of 4-5 hours.

Or waiting for the DVD to arrive in the mail.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 3560
RE: When? - 10/12/2013 8:46:33 PM   
Zorachus99

Those manuals are gorgeous.

Quite looking forward to the entire physical package, but anxious to finally get a game working with my dot-headed forgetful friends. Things get old when you notice rules mistakes three turns into the game. Particularly supply. :(

Thanks for all your work!

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

Post #: 3561
RE: When? - 10/14/2013 7:22:20 AM   
HenrytheSecond

quote:

Or waiting for the DVD to arrive in the mail.

Wait. Steve, you're not seriously suggesting people wait patiently in this modern world of ours, surely? That's sooooooo 20th Century...

Post #: 3562
RE: When? - 10/14/2013 8:16:29 AM   
Archpsyche

As a long-time lurker here, I'm glad to pop up my head and congratulate Steve on a job well done. We have all been invited to share both your struggle with the development, as well as your personal life. Thank you so much for your dedication and singularily good attitude towards the WIF community. Thank you.

Post #: 3563
RE: When? - 10/14/2013 10:15:10 AM   
Titan

[

[/quote]

Need to remember some here have been waiting 10 years for this....including myself....a 4-5 hr download is not a bigger...a week download would even be a cakewalk if need be

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 3564
RE: When? - 10/14/2013 8:30:10 PM   
HenrytheSecond

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titan

Need to remember some here have been waiting 10 years for this....including myself....a 4-5 hr download is not a bigger...a week download would even be a cakewalk if need be

I hardly think anyone needs to remember that some exalted individuals, all praise to them, may have waited longer than others, Titan.

Though you're right, a long download is a small final price to pay to finally get our sweaty, excited hands on this gem.

(in reply to Titan)
Post #: 3565
RE: When? - 10/15/2013 8:44:18 PM   
bo

quote:

quote:

I hardly think anyone needs to remember that some exalted individuals, all praise to them, may have waited longer than others, Titan.

Though you're right, a long download is a small final price to pay to finally get our sweaty, excited hands on this gem.

Hey Henry one thing I forgot to mention in the above post when I tried to correct you when you said "any price damn the consequences" there is even a much worse statement that could increase the price, I think it is something about "sweaty, exicited hands"

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 10/15/2013 8:45:25 PM >

Post #: 3566
RE: When? - 10/15/2013 9:00:08 PM   
HenrytheSecond

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey Henry one thing I forgot to mention in the above post when I tried to correct you when you said "any price damn the consequences" there is even a much worse statement that could increase the price, I think it is something about "sweaty, exicited hands"

Bo

Damn it. I guess we'll just have to put our faith in Steve's good nature. And Matrix's. Hmmmmm....

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 3567
RE: When? - 10/15/2013 10:18:16 PM   
bo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bo

Damn it. I guess we'll just have to put our faith in Steve's good nature. And Matrix's. Hmmmmm....

Hmmmmmm with Steve under pressure for Nov 7th his good nature is gone and Matrix Hmmm I would not really want to go into that one.

Bo

Post #: 3568
RE: When? - 10/18/2013 6:36:53 PM   
micheljq

Why don't they write the release date in the product info on Matrix's web site?

Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 3569
RE: When? - 10/19/2013 9:34:44 PM   
ANTONIOr

hi there

just to re-say ...thank you Steve for your perseverance and your efforts,and in last period with health issues(!),as said before a real example to look at ,but first of all again best wishes for your health

surely the nervous days in the fan community are gone ,a lot of not-so-youngest players are warming up their brains to prepare for fight in wif

I have to refresh a little(!) but I m ready to play too

(in reply to micheljq)
Post #: 3570
Page:   <<   < prev  117 118 [119] 120 121   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: When? Page: <<   < prev  117 118 [119] 120 121   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI