Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What are you working on?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: What are you working on? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you working on? - 9/30/2013 4:26:21 PM   
OldPascas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Der Zeitgeist

Preliminary work for my Baltic scenario is coming along nicely.
I'm currently building up the NATO airfields using custom layers.

That looks fantastic!

I'm working on a image package for UK+US ... damnit, they have to many ships ...

(in reply to Der Zeitgeist)
Post #: 31
RE: What are you working on? - 9/30/2013 6:48:34 PM   
Dagooz

Uh, Nice :-D

Post #: 32
RE: What are you working on? - 9/30/2013 9:59:04 PM   
Gunner98

quote:

ORIGINAL: Der Zeitgeist

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

Working on a Classic Cold War scenario off the North Cape of Norway.
Lots of tinkering to do yet.
B

I did some research for my planned AFNORTH scenarios, too. You might find this analysis pretty interesting:

Don't Rock the Boat. Reinforcing Norway in Crisis and War. RAND. 1989
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA231546

Excellent - thank you for sharing that. My info on the Norwegian and Soviet forces matches fairly closely but the table on likely NATO reinforcement is golden:

NATO AIR FORCES LIKELY TO BE COMMITTED TO NORTH NORWAY
Nation Squadrons/Type Number Role
North Norway
RNoAF 2 F-16 32 Fighter interceptor attack
USAF 3 F-16 72 Fighter bomber attack
USAF 1 F-15 24 All weather air defense
USAF 1 RF-4 24 Reconnaissance
AMF(US) 1 F-16 24 Fighter bomber attack
AMF(Neth) 1 F-16 16 Fighter bomber attack
AMF(UK) 1 Jaguar 16 Fighter bomber attack
AMF(Can) 1 F-18 16 Fighter bomber attack (all weather)
MAB 2 F-18 48 Fighter bomber attack (all weather)
MAB 2 AV-8B 40 Ground support
MAB 1 RF-4B 4 Reconnaissance
MAB 1 EA-6 4 Electronic warfare
MAB I KC-130 6 Tanker
Central Norway
RNoAF 1 F-16 16 Fighter interceptor attack
USAF 1 F-16 24 Fighter bomber attack

Also - I was not sure on the likelihood of Finnish or Swedish involvement and the document discusses that at length. Much to ponder. In the meantime those 2 Sqns of Nor F-16s have their work cut out for them

Post #: 33
RE: What are you working on? - 9/30/2013 10:21:12 PM   
CV60

OldPascas-FYI, I'm also working on an image pack for US ships-about 1/2 way through now. I'm hoping to have it done in the next week. FYI, here's a good source of US ship photos that are copyright free:
http://www.defenseimagery.mil/imagery.html#

(in reply to OldPascas)
Post #: 34
RE: What are you working on? - 9/30/2013 10:29:37 PM   
FireForEffect

Unfortunately I can't post images since I'm too new to the forum, but I've completed a Turbot War scenario where the Royal Canadian Navy has to stop Spanish fishing fleets from entering the EEZ and avoid Spanish patrol ships while ensuring not to hamper any Canadian flagged vessels.

As well I've created a scenario based off of the Saint Pierre and Miquelo Islands conflict between Canada and France, where tensions rise and failed enforcement of an exclusion zone resorts in shots being fired right of Canada's coast.

Very happy with the potential for lots of Canadian scenarios in this game.

< Message edited by FireForEffect -- 9/30/2013 10:30:59 PM >

Post #: 35
RE: What are you working on? - 9/30/2013 10:49:05 PM   
OldPascas

quote:

ORIGINAL: CV60

OldPascas-FYI, I'm also working on an image pack for US ships-about 1/2 way through now. I'm hoping to have it done in the next week. FYI, here's a good source of US ship photos that are copyright free:

Good to know.
Finished the UK, i have only the US-Aircraft so far.

Focussing on Russia now and waiting for your images ;)

< Message edited by OldPascas -- 9/30/2013 10:50:03 PM >

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 36
RE: What are you working on? - 10/1/2013 1:13:20 AM   
CV60

If you haven't done it yet, you might want to go to:
http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876
and download the photos there. I did most of the Soviet (non-Russia) stuff in there-some of it might be helpful for your Russia project. Also, I'm in the process of finishing up the PLAN, so that will also be largely completed by this weekend.

< Message edited by CV60 -- 10/2/2013 1:33:07 AM >

(in reply to OldPascas)
Post #: 37
RE: What are you working on? - 10/1/2013 4:15:09 AM   
Kushan04

Working on a few scenarios based off of Red Storm Rising. First up is the F-14 raid on Keflavik.

Kushan

Post #: 38
RE: What are you working on? - 10/1/2013 11:40:44 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: At Ease
I am doing a remake of the Iranian Hostage rescue attempt.This is going to be a real slugfest so better put on your gloves because everyone gonna get bloodied!lol

Eagle Claw? I'll be really waiting for that one.

(in reply to At Ease)
Post #: 39
RE: What are you working on? - 10/2/2013 12:05:00 AM   
erichswafford

Looking forward to this
quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomcat84

I'm doing some research to create the Dance of the Vampires from Red Storm Rising. Am a bit stumped as to how to get the AI to fire air launched decoys though. No idea yet. Anyone? Plus there seem to only be AS-2 decoys, no AS-5 Kelt ones. Was that an error in the book or?

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 40
RE: What are you working on? - 10/3/2013 3:28:20 AM   
Mgellis

Currently working on my first scenario for Command. It's very simple...a couple of Greek ships on a routine patrol mission have to deal with an unexpectedly hostile Libya. Mostly, I'm writing it to gain experience with the editor and the various bells and whistles Command offers, but if I think it turned out well and that people will like it, I will post it.

I'm also posting various suggestions for the databases as I find specific platforms that are not yet in it and that I think might add something to a scenario someday. This is on the Wish List thread and I hope people will take a look and see what else can be added.

(in reply to erichswafford)
Post #: 41
RE: What are you working on? - 10/4/2013 11:48:31 AM   
JohnSmith

Very interesting to read the various scenarios being discussed and created here. I will certainly have to purchase the game soon and looking forward to creating some audacious, riveting and fun scenarios for players to simulate.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 42
RE: What are you working on? - 10/4/2013 1:49:07 PM   
Primarchx

Just finished recording a Let's Play of First Contact 2016. Hope to have it posted in the next couple of days.

Post #: 43
RE: What are you working on? - 10/5/2013 12:49:26 PM   
JohnSmith

I look forward to it!
quote:

ORIGINAL: Primarchx

Just finished recording a Let's Play of First Contact 2016. Hope to have it posted in the next couple of days.

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 44
RE: What are you working on? - 10/5/2013 11:38:09 PM   
Tomcat84

Unfortunately at this time it seems there is no possibility yet to get the AI to fire decoys, so I'll have to change things a bit.

Also have started work on a Flag exercise air scenario.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kondor999

Looking forward to this
quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomcat84

I'm doing some research to create the Dance of the Vampires from Red Storm Rising. Am a bit stumped as to how to get the AI to fire air launched decoys though. No idea yet. Anyone? Plus there seem to only be AS-2 decoys, no AS-5 Kelt ones. Was that an error in the book or?

(in reply to erichswafford)
Post #: 45
RE: What are you working on? - 10/6/2013 1:19:39 AM   
SilentHunter

Adding all air asset images for United States cold war database and mods section. I think there are around 400 or so, I've got 258 done

Post #: 46
RE: What are you working on? - 10/6/2013 7:55:03 AM   
jomni

Singapore vs Malaysia and Indonesia.

(in reply to SilentHunter)
Post #: 47
RE: What are you working on? - 10/8/2013 11:34:50 AM   
invernomuto

I'm playing with the editor but I have still to learn event engine and IA behaviour.
I've some ideas running through my head but nothing definitive:
1) an ASW exercise in Barent Sea using some new Russian sub (Borei class, Severodvinsk or Lada). There could be the involvment of US neutral sub.
2) A Russian-Ukraine conflict.

Bye.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 48
RE: What are you working on? - 10/9/2013 2:15:06 AM   
jomni

Almost finished with my counter piracy mission. Stay tuned.

(in reply to invernomuto)
Post #: 49
RE: What are you working on? - 10/9/2013 3:13:25 PM   
TerrorAustralis

I'm working on a set of scenario's that start with rebels in the Philippines attempting to take over Davao and Palawan Islands. (Part 1)
They have very limited piston engine aircraft while the Philippines Government has better equipment/Aircraft.
Part 2 - China supports the Rebels against the philippines Government and make a grab for the Spratly Islands.
Part 3 - China ramps up the campaign as the Philippines are helped by Japan and some American aid - older aircraft.
part 4 - Vietnam and China decide to interdict the Japanese oil imports while China also sets out to invade some Japanese Islands.
Part 5 - Australian, Malaysian and Thailand forces with the help of American forces already in the western pacific attempt to slow China down and get supply convoys to Japan and the Philippines.
Part 6 - USN arrive in force and counter invade Chinese gains. USA/Allies- Amphib Sub and carrier operations. China/Vietnam- Naval and air operations.
part 7 - ?

Stephen

Post #: 50
RE: What are you working on? - 10/10/2013 2:45:09 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: TerrorAustralis

I'm working on a set of scenario's that start with rebels in the Philippines attempting to take over Davao and Palawan Islands. (Part 1)
They have very limited piston engine aircraft while the Philippines Government has better equipment/Aircraft.
Part 2 - China supports the Rebels against the philippines Government and make a grab for the Spratly Islands.
Part 3 - China ramps up the campaign as the Philippines are helped by Japan and some American aid - older aircraft.
part 4 - Vietnam and China decide to interdict the Japanese oil imports while China also sets out to invade some Japanese Islands.
Part 5 - Australian, Malaysian and Thailand forces with the help of American forces already in the western pacific attempt to slow China down and get supply convoys to Japan and the Philippines.
Part 6 - USN arrive in force and counter invade Chinese gains. USA/Allies- Amphib Sub and carrier operations. China/Vietnam- Naval and air operations.
part 7 - ?

Stephen

Based on current events, Vietnam's posture would be more of an enemy than an ally ofh China.

(in reply to TerrorAustralis)
Post #: 51
RE: What are you working on? - 10/10/2013 7:59:23 PM   
smudge56

Out of interest how is you picture updates going?

(in reply to OldPascas)
Post #: 52
RE: What are you working on? - 10/12/2013 6:08:08 PM   
Russian Heel

I'm currently building an integrated Soviet/Nicaraguan air defense network in 1986 making a scenario inspired by Scenario 4 of Victory Games' 'Central America' The SS-20 Incident. Trying to give the player lots of options to choose from to achieve the objective.

(in reply to smudge56)
Post #: 53
RE: What are you working on? - 10/12/2013 6:46:25 PM   
hellfish6

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russian Heel

I'm currently building an integrated Soviet/Nicaraguan air defense network in 1986 making a scenario inspired by Scenario 4 of Victory Games' 'Central America' The SS-20 Incident. Trying to give the player lots of options to choose from to achieve the objective.

I loved that game. I was working on a series of TOAW3 scenarios based on those of the board game until I went to Iraq a couple of years ago. I think I lost all the files since then. A shame, since the map was 5km/hex covering the Colombia-Panama border to the Guatemala-Mexico border.

(in reply to Russian Heel)
Post #: 54
RE: What are you working on? - 10/12/2013 7:00:46 PM   
Russian Heel

quote:

ORIGINAL: hellfish6

I loved that game. I was working on a series of TOAW3 scenarios based on those of the board game until I went to Iraq a couple of years ago. I think I lost all the files since then. A shame, since the map was 5km/hex covering the Colombia-Panama border to the Guatemala-Mexico border.

I have a love/hate relationship with it. So good, yet so complex- almost to the point of unplayability, but the scenarios are so interesting it sucks you in. Shame about your files, hopefully I can get this one up to snuff.

(in reply to hellfish6)
Post #: 55
RE: What are you working on? - 10/14/2013 2:43:02 PM   
MR_BURNS2

I started working on a early 60´s scenario in Yemen Aden, United Arab States vs United Kingdom and their local Allies. Inspired by Cold War, Hot Wings: Memoirs of a Cold War Fighter Pilot.

There´s a lot of info on RAF operations down there.

http://www.8squadron.co.uk/history_hunter.php

http://www.radfanhunters.co.uk/mainframeset.htm

< Message edited by MR_BURNS2 -- 10/14/2013 2:45:35 PM >

Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

(in reply to Russian Heel)
Post #: 56
RE: What are you working on? - 10/14/2013 5:56:02 PM   
Meroka37

Hey men, don't forget to send in it when you have an scenario ready and tested to be included in the Community Scenario Package...

'Better honor without ships, than ships without honor"

Post #: 57
RE: What are you working on? - 10/14/2013 6:09:20 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Meroka37
Hey men, don't forget to send in it when you have an scenario ready and tested to be included in the Community Scenario Package...

I second that!

(in reply to Meroka37)
Post #: 58
RE: What are you working on? - 10/14/2013 11:17:13 PM   
Tomcat84

Frisian Flag is coming along nicely. Skies over Helgoland will be busy!

Dance of the Vampires and Taiwan - China DCA are still WIP also.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 59
RE: What are you working on? - 10/27/2013 5:08:19 AM   
Temple

Haven't seen this thread updated in awhile, so I figure I'd throw in what I've started working on. It will be a series of smaller scenarios under the main title of "War of the Tiny Islands". I'm just kicking around the scenario format and backstory right now. Here's the prologue:

quote:

One upon a time, there were two tiny islands. Not too far from each other, at least as distances go in the Pacific, they were small backwaters in a busy, angry world. Quiet, almost unknown places, far away from big nations with big problems. And they would have stayed quiet, almost unknown places, except that the big nations with big problems couldn't help from siding with one tiny island against the other tiny island. And so began the War of the Tiny Islands....

< Message edited by Temple -- 10/27/2013 5:53:41 AM >

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: What are you working on? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI