Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Crash

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II >> Tech Support >> Crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crash - 9/23/2013 3:34:16 PM   
JoePirulo72

I was late in 1863, when my game crashes. A strange message appear when i´ve tried to load or resume the game. But i can´t. It says i had to post this file in the forums, so here you are...
Please fix it.

Max

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Crash - 9/24/2013 1:42:49 PM   
Pocus

Either there is a problem with the ZIP archiving DLL (but you are already in 1863, so it worked dozens of time correctly) or perhaps one of your turn is corrupted. Can you check the file size of the game you are playing? They are located in your user directory, sub-directory CW2\Saves, and then you have all your saved games.

Check the one you are currently playing, and see if one of the file is 0 byte. If yes, you'll have to revert back one turn. You can do that either manually or within the game, but it seems you are crashing as soon as you open the Load Game screen.

AGEOD Team

(in reply to JoePirulo72)
Post #: 2
RE: Crash - 9/24/2013 4:31:50 PM   
JoePirulo72

Thanks Pocus for the fast reply. I delete the savegames, because I just started another campaign, with the corps hot fix made by ace. Also I use the option to not compressed the save files. I`m in january 1862 with no crashes yet. What I`ve seen are lot of messages with no text and no event associated, but that was already reported.
By the way, very nice game!!!
Continue the good work!
Best regards,
Max

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 3
RE: Crash - 9/25/2013 8:56:42 AM   
Pocus

Thanks for the understanding and the appreciation of the game. It's a complex beast so is bound to have some hiccups, at start at least.

Some events come with an empty image or text, that's true. The first official patch should fix most of them, but I won't hold my life on the account that we fixed 100% of them, probably there will be a report about a missed event in a week or so . According to the beta, the official patch (it's ready internally) fixed all major problems players (and betas) had though.

AGEOD Team

Post #: 4
RE: Crash - 10/10/2013 11:14:43 PM   
Brooksie55

I think I have the same or similar issue. Got to the end of 1862 and started to see an error message when I tried to save a game. Now I cant even get into the game when I hit the load game button. It crashes and shows the following;

Critical error has occurred - application terminated.
C:Users\Tony\Documents\MyGames\CivilWarII\CW2\Logs\main logtxt.

I have gone to that file but wasn't really sure what I was trying to do. There were numerous saved games files with some of those files password protected?

Any ideas?

Post #: 5
RE: Crash - 10/14/2013 2:56:34 PM   
Pocus

Can you make sure you are using the latest 1.01 release candidate patch and not version 1.00, we fixed several issues on it.

You can also check C:Users\Tony\Documents\MyGames\CivilWarII\CW2\Saves and see if some of your saved games have 0 byte files, if yes, then they will pose a problem and you are better either deleting the game or restoring manually the previous turn.

The latest patch file is
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?32715-Latest-1-01-Patch-release-candidate-10-10-2013-RC4

You can restore a game manually here
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?32565-Restoring-a-saved-game-manually

Normally, you can restore a saved game within the game, but here this might not be possible.

AGEOD Team

(in reply to Brooksie55)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II >> Tech Support >> Crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI