Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is the game polished?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Is the game polished? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is the game polished? - 10/10/2013 3:54:46 PM   
Napoleon15

Hey guys, if you will permit me the cheek of asking such a question on the developer's forum, I'm just wondering how bug free you're finding it. Both the game and its time period are interesting to me, but I don't have much money to spend on games, so if I buy something, it's got to be fairly stable out of the box for playing. I'm not really one keen on buying a game, and then having to wait a month or two for it to be patched up. I think the last game I got from Matrix was Harpoon, and I felt pretty burned on that one, as the devs didn't seem that interested in fixing the bugs at all.

Thanks for your help.
Post #: 1
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/10/2013 4:07:30 PM   
TheWombat_matrixforum

The game is perfectly playable and (for me at least) perfectly stable, Everything pretty much works as intended, with the usual areas where improvements or enhancements will probably be possible down the road. There is a lot of interest from the developers in fixing problems that do arise for individuals, and in documenting areas where the game could be improved. If you like the subject area and the game's treatment of it, there should be no technical reason holding you back from getting it. It's not a bundle of code in dire need of six more months of testing, at all. No game is ever 100% polished, but this one is pretty solid.

(in reply to Napoleon15)
Post #: 2
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/10/2013 4:14:36 PM   
Napoleon15

Thanks, that's good to hear. I've been hoping for another good Cold War era wargame for a while now. TacOps4 has always been the gold standard for me, but it's getting on a bit in its years now, and it'd be nice to play as something other than US forces all the time.

(in reply to TheWombat_matrixforum)
Post #: 3
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/10/2013 4:16:09 PM   
TheWombat_matrixforum

Hell, I can't even get TacOps to run any more. I have an old Mac version, and it's not compatible with modern OS X at all. I wonder what happened to Major Holdridge anyhow--wasn't he the guy who did that?

(in reply to Napoleon15)
Post #: 4
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/10/2013 4:23:34 PM   
trebcourie

I played a couple scenarios yesterday and haven't seen any bugs or glitches.

(in reply to TheWombat_matrixforum)
Post #: 5
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/10/2013 4:32:52 PM   
Napoleon15

Yeah, the Major did the game. Not sure what happened to him as I don't really follow the wargaming scene that much save from a distance. Appreciate the extra feedback, BROJD. Will take a look at getting this at some point.

(in reply to trebcourie)
Post #: 6
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/11/2013 12:39:03 AM   
freightweezul

Major Holdridge passed away. So won't be seeing any more development of TacOps.

The game FPC:RS, is pretty smooth and clean. I would say it's a great launch. Very minor typos in manual, a couple of truly obscure bugs you wouldn't notice if you weren't looking for them and TRYING to break things. I'm having a great time with this is heartily recommend grabbing a copy.

(in reply to Napoleon15)
Post #: 7
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/11/2013 1:34:44 AM   
wodin

He passed away?? Must have been recent..shame nothing has been posted about it on the Tacops forums at BF or Gamesquad..

(in reply to freightweezul)
Post #: 8
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/11/2013 1:54:29 AM   
Richard III

The game is quite polished now,I`m sure there will be the usual enhancements & minor tweaks.

A very nice touch is a good tutorial scenario enhanced by the in-game PDF from the drop down menus ( therefore the text/pictures can be minimized as you run through the tutorial scenario)

I`m happy I spent the $$$ and I`m a tough audience.

“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 9
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/11/2013 2:22:36 AM   
Panta_slith

So far I have played a few scenarios and didn't find any bug, just a few new improvements that I have to learn to use. Compared with FPG, FPC is far more interesting to play. The new, larger maps, allow much more room for maneuver.

Panta Astiazarán

(in reply to Richard III)
Post #: 10
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/11/2013 2:57:44 AM   
pkpowers

quote:

Major Holdridge passed away. So won't be seeing any more development of TacOps

curious where you got this info ? I can't find any reference to his passing ; I've been a tacops follower since day one

(in reply to Panta_slith)
Post #: 11
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/11/2013 11:47:06 AM   
Panta_slith

Major H is alive and kicking. Therefore there is still a remote hope of getting one day the extremely elusive version 5 of TacOps!

quote:

ORIGINAL: freightweezul

Major Holdridge passed away. So won't be seeing any more development of TacOps.

The game FPC:RS, is pretty smooth and clean. I would say it's a great launch. Very minor typos in manual, a couple of truly obscure bugs you wouldn't notice if you weren't looking for them and TRYING to break things. I'm having a great time with this is heartily recommend grabbing a copy.

Panta Astiazarán

Post #: 12
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/11/2013 4:20:27 PM   
freightweezul

I apologize abjectly if I am guilty of passing along false info, particularly about a man's life. I just seemed to have read that somewhere and thought nothing of chiming in. So if Major H is still alive and kicking that is great news, and I will be more careful about sharing 'what I know' when it isn't sourceable. Sorry guys.

Post #: 13
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/11/2013 5:37:48 PM   
Panta_slith

Major Holridge, despite his warlike background, is a nice gentleman who, now retired from the Corps, spends most of his free time in a shack by some lake in Texas, fishing in company of the local rattlesnakes and keeping a vintage but trusty .45 at hand, just in case, according to his own version. Thus you are not in immediate risk of reprisals, I suppose.

Panta Astiazarán

Post #: 14
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/11/2013 6:58:17 PM   
CapnDarwin

He's begining to sound a lot like Snake Plissken.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Post #: 15
RE: Is the game polished? - 10/11/2013 7:47:50 PM   
Panta_slith

He's so popular among his followers, who hound him to force a new version of TacOps (mea sulpa, mea culpa as well,) that he finally barricaded himself in that undisclosed place. So beware you developers, FPC risks to be one of "those" games too! (FP ME, FP Korea, etc!)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

He's begining to sound a lot like Snake Plissken.

Panta Astiazarán

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Is the game polished? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI