Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Deal of the Week...great deals!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/9/2013 11:49:03 PM   
jday305

Still waiting for TOAW III to be part of the weekly discount. Hint, hint!!

RebelYell

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

(in reply to Boomer78)
Post #: 91
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/11/2013 8:30:32 PM   
wings7

Thanks guys for your replies and info!!

Patrick

(in reply to jday305)
Post #: 92
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/12/2013 1:14:14 AM   
Peever

quote:

ORIGINAL: rahamundo

I can only afford one....Arnhem or Normandy. Anyone have an opinion one way or the other about the two, one better than the other? Or is it just which battle appeals to me? I play solo only, no mp, if that makes a difference. Thanks.

I like Arnhem more because of the focus on infantry and the nature of the operation. Having to try and rush through a battlefield to capture a bridge and then hold it against counter attacks is a real struggle. The overall operation is more intense because of the need to capture and hold bridges against an ever increasing force. Normandy is worn out for me because I have played so many games covering that battle. There are what four CC games that cover parts of Normandy at this point?

"Sergeant the Spanish bullet isn't made that will kill me," Bucky O'Neil seconds before receiving a fatal shot to the head at the battle of San Juan Hill.

(in reply to rahamundo)
Post #: 93
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/12/2013 9:31:20 AM   
Boomer78

Every game I mentioned the other day have all gone back to their normal prices... sale over. Man, these online game deals don't last very long these days.

(in reply to Peever)
Post #: 94
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/16/2013 3:18:09 PM   
wings7

I just ordered Advanced Tactics: Gold, I've been waiting for that one to go on sale! Alot of neat things you can do with this one! Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is one that alot of you were waiting for to go on sale, I own it but haven't played with it too much but a definite must have.

Patrick

(in reply to Boomer78)
Post #: 95
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/16/2013 7:42:12 PM   
jday305

TOAW III...just ordered and wanted to say EXCELLANT!!!

RebelYell

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 96
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/18/2013 8:22:39 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: jday305

TOAW III...just ordered and wanted to say EXCELLANT!!!

James, that is great, I'm sure there were alot of orders for this one, to me it is one of those benchmark games. (Campaign Series too!) Happy Gaming !

Patrick

(in reply to jday305)
Post #: 97
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/23/2013 1:31:15 PM   
wings7

Anybody thinking about or going to purchase Battle of Normandy and Battle of Italy? Likes or dislikes?

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 98
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/23/2013 2:50:25 PM   
Agathosdaimon

I am deciding on getting Command Naval/Air this week instead of the deal, but i have battlefront and Korsun Pocket and highly recommend the system in these games as Battles in Italy and Normandy are the same -
SSG produce quality games and always a good AI and really not a difficult system at all. For a while with the interface i wasnt sure what buttons did what but once i found out that as the game is not one where you have direct absolute control over your units, but rather can just give the orders that the troops either can or cant do in their capacity, it began to make sense why i couldnt order my men to attack whenever i wanted. I still had figure out what all the stats mean but learnt enough through playing to just play a game as though i am work on what information is being given to me - ie, working out an operational strategy - most wargames reward foresight and intelligence but battlefront really demands it. Also units arent jsut wiped out panzer general style, but really can slog it out in areas.
I played the Novorossisk scenario on battlefront and by the end of hte game i was not longer concerned with trying to win but on forming a strategy to rescue my units that were being trapped and surrounded - veteran units they were though and so could really hold up and even try to a force a breakthrough themselves.

< Message edited by Agathosdaimon -- 9/23/2013 3:21:49 PM >

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 99
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/23/2013 3:06:22 PM   
Blond_Knight

Yeah those SSG games are nice. Have them all.

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 100
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/23/2013 5:45:58 PM   
wings7

Mitchell & Blond_Knight thank you for the info!

Patrick

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
Post #: 101
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/23/2013 7:03:17 PM   
rahamundo

I've been waiting for Normandy to go on sale....now, if only the store would reflect the new price of $19.99 rather than $49.99.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 102
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/23/2013 7:59:07 PM   
Erik Rutins

Try adding it to your cart and see if the discounted price appears. Could be just a price caching issue.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to rahamundo)
Post #: 103
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/23/2013 10:52:42 PM   
IainMcNeil

Yes it is just a price cache issue. We were late updating the prices and missed the 11am deadline for the cache update. My HD crashed and spent all morning trying to fix it. It works or if you prefer wait until 11am tomorrow and it will update :)

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 104
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/27/2013 2:34:57 AM   
bairdlander2

I was going to buy the Normandy game but apparently it ctd on digital download.Will this issue be resolved and if not resolved will the deal extend until it is fixed?

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 105
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 9/27/2013 6:00:28 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

I was going to buy the Normandy game but apparently it ctd on digital download.Will this issue be resolved and if not resolved will the deal extend until it is fixed?

I just loaded BiN on my Win 7 64 desktop and it worked fine. Though this was the version from couple of years ago. But i think it's the same version as I didnt see any patches. In any event, it ran fine on my system this afternoon.

Rick

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 106
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/1/2013 8:28:56 PM   
wings7

I just ordered "Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets", the Eastern Front has always been one of my favorite theater of war. I'm sure this one will create quite a few new players!

Patrick

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 107
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/2/2013 1:44:00 AM   
Numdydar

This is a very detailed and amazing game. Unfortunately have not gotten too far past the tuteriols

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 108
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/2/2013 8:11:09 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

This is a very detailed and amazing game. Unfortunately have not gotten too far past the tuteriols

Russell, I'm looking forward to learning and spending some time with this game...time is limited but I will make the most of it. Hope you can spend some new time with the game!

Patrick

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 109
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/7/2013 2:41:24 PM   
wings7

I just ordered the Unity of Command duo...it looks quite interesting and good and you can't beat the price!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 110
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/7/2013 3:47:40 PM   
Boomer78

On the fence with Red Turn. UOC is so much fun, but it's not even beer and pretzels, more like coke and bologna sandwich.

"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 111
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/7/2013 5:40:54 PM   
Alchenar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boomer78

On the fence with Red Turn. UOC is so much fun, but it's not even beer and pretzels, more like coke and bologna sandwich.

Red Turn is... interesting. It's still the same animal as UOC, but the larger scenarios and longer turn limits mean that despite following the same rules the game is a lot less 'follow this exact solution to the puzzle' and a lot more freeform in how you beat each scenario.

(in reply to Boomer78)
Post #: 112
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/7/2013 5:50:38 PM   
Boomer78

That actually sounds like an improvement from OUC. Some of the scenarios had like 5 turns for a major victory. That's why Case Blue was my favorite from the original game. There was much more to do, more ways to fail or succeed. Many of the others just seemed like base rushing and were over before you knew it.

"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"

(in reply to Alchenar)
Post #: 113
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/14/2013 4:06:44 PM   
wings7

I just ordered "Revolution under Siege" and "Birth of America 2"! These are the first two games I've bought on the American & Russian Revolution...more wonderful country history to witness and learn!

Patrick

(in reply to Boomer78)
Post #: 114
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/14/2013 5:32:47 PM   
Hotschi

I purchased Birth of America 2 - great deal!

"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 115
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/14/2013 11:14:13 PM   
Rosseau

For newcomers, Revolution Under Siege is the mother of all Ageod games. $10 this week and there's even a demo. The scope of the alternate history Drang21 campaign is just amazing. Unit count is pretty high, though

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 116
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/14/2013 11:27:54 PM   
Ranger33

Great deals this week! Already have both of those but I would highly recommend them at that price point.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 117
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/14/2013 11:56:17 PM   
Gilmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

I just ordered "Revolution under Siege" and "Birth of America 2"! These are the first two games I've bought on the American & Russian Revolution...more wonderful country history to witness and learn!

Patrick

When I bought Rise of Prussia, it made me want to learn more and I found out a lot about that war. Very interesting stuff, for sure. That's what I like about some of these games. It makes me go out and learn some more history.

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 118
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/15/2013 8:49:51 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

Patrick

When I bought Rise of Prussia, it made me want to learn more and I found out a lot about that war. Very interesting stuff, for sure. That's what I like about some of these games. It makes me go out and learn some more history.

Kurt, yes, I agree! I've learned and been inspired so much from these games. In my up-coming retirement I will be able to invest more time...can't wait!

Patrick

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 119
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/16/2013 4:56:21 AM   
histgamer

Just purchased Revolution Under Siege. Was also considering the American Revolution game but I'll probably wait on that for now.

(in reply to jday305)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI