Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

American Snipers!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> American Snipers! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
American Snipers! - 3/1/2001 7:11:00 AM   
Machean

I got a question for everyone here. Why do the American snipers have 10 in fire control? All the other nations snipers have 5. This is really strange don't you think? What makes an american a better shot than anyone else in the world??? Common, give Saving Private Ryan a rest!! ------------------ Bang, Bang, your dead!

Bang, Bang, your dead!
Post #: 1
- 3/1/2001 10:02:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Likely a typo...they should all be the same

(in reply to Machean)
Post #: 2
- 3/1/2001 6:12:00 PM   
Dedas

Ha ha ha... Someone at your office that really likes the american snipers...???

Glory to the brave

(in reply to Machean)
Post #: 3
- 3/2/2001 5:22:00 PM   
jerrek

i suspect that the guy doing the modelling used RAMBO as his basis for american sniper.

(in reply to Machean)
Post #: 4
- 3/6/2001 9:13:00 PM   
murx

Just wondering, I saw a dokumentary film on snipers and they stated that Germany hadn't used snipers until '43 and even at that time in no relevant masses. They just hadn't enough optics. murx Ah, another thing sniper should be able to kill a tank-commander thu giving it buttoned status for the rest of the mission. [This message has been edited by murx (edited March 06, 2001).]

(in reply to Machean)
Post #: 5
- 3/6/2001 9:26:00 PM   
skukko

murx: optics did tell enemy where you are, it is ten centimeter too hígh... My grand-pa were hunter/fisherman at Ladoga(Laatokka) before and during the war, when he wasn't in front. He sniped seals at the winter ice. 1500 meters to the head...Trick was to shoot so that bullet hitted ice once in the halfway. He used same selfmade longbarrel in winter war and continuing war, but never told me how many he killed with it or any kills he did in the war. He was officially radioman... When he died in 1984, doctor asked why he had 32 knifestabs at his body, dad said that he was in hell and came back... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Machean)
Post #: 6
- 3/6/2001 9:26:00 PM   
skukko

those wounds came at war.. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Machean)
Post #: 7
- 3/6/2001 10:07:00 PM   
murx

I think I used the wrong word - I meant sniping scopes. Sure the sniper has to be aware that reflecting sunlight might tell his position but the same goes for the binoculars ued by officers and scouts. murx

(in reply to Machean)
Post #: 8
- 3/7/2001 9:37:00 AM   
CaptainBrian

quote:

Originally posted by murx: I think I used the wrong word - I meant sniping scopes. Sure the sniper has to be aware that reflecting sunlight might tell his position but the same goes for the binoculars ued by officers and scouts. murx
You can cover all lens surfaces except for vision slits on a scope or pair of binos and still see through them completely unobstructed. Also pantyhose streched over then lenses will do the same. This is even more important today as most lenses have an iridium type laser filter coating on them. I'm guessing many of these techniques were developed much earlier than my era of service.

CaptainBrian

(in reply to Machean)
Post #: 9
- 3/7/2001 5:34:00 PM   
murx

Yeah, but soldiers who aren't trained in *real* combat missions tend to get lazy and forget about such things. Like in the WWI there was the rare case that officers visited the troops in the front trenches. They were killed by snipers more often then the average soldier - cause they walked stupidly high headed through the trench. Another thing is smoking - as a soldier you should either give up smoking at least if enemies might be close. Or hold the cigarette in the hand thus dampening the cigarette glow. murx

(in reply to Machean)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> American Snipers! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI