Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AAR for Pacific War 2 – Intruders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> After Action Reports >> AAR for Pacific War 2 – Intruders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AAR for Pacific War 2 – Intruders - 3/14/2013 9:23:55 PM   
Mgellis

I finally got a chance to try this one out. Here is my AAR...

Pacific War 2 – Intruders

Scenario by JSF/Ralf

Database: HUD-4 v1.11

AAR by Mark Gellis

I must guard the Japanese “carrier” Hyuga from Chinese submarines.

The scenario begins at 13:00 Zulu, 15 August, 2013.

13:04. In the first four minutes, four submarines have appeared near my task force. I am going to try to move my task force away (to the east and then the north) to put some distance between myself and then. I am also launching a Seahawk-J to see if I can get more information.

13.06. A fifth sub spotted. How did they all get this close!?

13.07. Torpedo contact!

13:10. A Chinese plane has appeared, a Yun-8X, but it got too close and a Sea Sparrow took it down.

13:12. Contact G103 is a biological. So is contact G102 and G108. Two other contacts are submarines, identified as Chinese Kilos. I’m sending helicopters, changing course (north by northwest) and going to flank speed.

13:21. There is Han right ahead of me. There’s got to be nearly ten subs and/or whales in the water around me! Changing course again and launching another helicopter.

13:28. I’m getting some information on another submarine…it is an American Seawolf and it is firing on…well, I hope it’s not me.

13:55. Launching my last two helicopters. The rest are out of torpedoes and must reload. I’m not sure if I got any of the Chinese submarines yet but none of their torpedoes have gotten me so at least I’m not losing. Yet.

14:07. Changing course again. Now heading east once more, staying in the assigned patrol zone. (I think that’s what it is…it is marked with reference points.)

14:25. Got one of the Kilos. I may have gotten both…the other one has disappeared.

14:36. Something got hit. I don’t know what. But I heard the explosion. Lining up one of the Hans between two choppers…I’ll pinch him between two torpedoes.

14:43. Launching torpedoes at the Han.

14:45. The Han took a hit but is still “visible” on sonar. Is he sinking?

15:16. I’m getting torpedo contacts but they don’t seem anywhere near me.

15:26. Launching another helicopter to see if I can kill the other Han.

15:32. Victory conditions achieved. It says four Chinese subs got whacked (I think I got two of them. It also says a Russian submarine got killed and two whales. Poor whales! The Russian Sub and the Seawolf may have gotten the other Chinese subs.)

Overall assessment: This is a nice, tense little scenario.
Post #: 1
RE: AAR for Pacific War 2 – Intruders - 10/20/2013 12:41:41 PM   
JSF

Thx for playing it, Mark! Currently I´m playing Your campaign "The Haruyuki Saga" and really enjoying it.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> After Action Reports >> AAR for Pacific War 2 – Intruders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI