Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Slow night turn

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Slow night turn Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Slow night turn - 10/25/2013 5:19:40 PM   
Stonewall1971

Hello all,

so I have following problem. So the games run very good no crashes, but normally i skip my combat animations with "esc" so the turn runs faster and i can stop if there is something that will be important for me.
The problem ist that after srating a turn normally the night missions by sea (submarins action) and by air will start. The games run without crash but very slow, so when i will try to skip with "ESC" it takes some second if i will do....in the daylight combat animations it runs very fast....???????????????

Where is the problem???

Many thanks for help
Gerd
Post #: 1
RE: Slow night turn - 10/25/2013 5:24:44 PM   
witpqs

There are a lot of things going on that you do not get to see. When there is combat involved (like a sub attack), then you get to see something, but All those ships have to go through their nighttime movement phase even if they don't bump into each other. During the daytime part of the turn there is a lot more action, such as air missions, so you see more.

(in reply to Stonewall1971)
Post #: 2
RE: Slow night turn - 10/25/2013 5:28:30 PM   
Stonewall1971

Ok many thanks but sometimes it runs very fast at the night turns?? So that menas alle teh things that runs behind will reduce the game speed right?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: Slow night turn - 10/25/2013 5:43:40 PM   
witpqs

Explain more clearly what you mean by "game speed".

Post #: 4
RE: Slow night turn - 10/25/2013 5:47:24 PM   
Stonewall1971

No problem, so the game speed will be mcuh slower on the night turn than on the daylight turns. So it will be only slower on the combat animations as I tell before you can normally skip an animation with "ESC" so it will run to the next one. It will be not possible or mauch slower on night combats it takes some seconds and reduce my "games speed" hope this will help...

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5
RE: Slow night turn - 10/25/2013 6:00:17 PM   
witpqs

You've got me a little confused as to what you are seeing. In one of the preferences type menus (one that is accessible in-game via an icon on the top bar near the left) there are 'delay' settings for various things. Those are there because many things can (and will) go by too fast for a player to read. Some people don't care, and so make the delays be very small. Other people like to see everything in all detail and don't mind a turn resolution taking most of an hour.

The thing is, there is just one set of settings; there are NOT different settings for day and night. At any rate, go to that menu and see if you can find settings that are more pleasing to you.

Post #: 6
RE: Slow night turn - 10/25/2013 6:12:02 PM   
Stonewall1971

First i am sorry for my English, if you say they will be no different settings between day and night it must normal...I have the feeling that the night combat animations will run slower so thats the point, over all the game will be slower than for my opinion...thats it ;-)
I can play with that many thanks...

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 7
RE: Slow night turn - 10/25/2013 8:26:14 PM   
MrKane

I did observe such issue some time ago too, As I remember I have found it after upgrade system to win7. Option -dd_sw in comamnd line fixed it for me.

Post #: 8
RE: Slow night turn - 10/25/2013 9:16:07 PM   
Stonewall1971

Hi MrKane, yes that it...i try it and it run´s much faster then before...many thanks.

(in reply to MrKane)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Slow night turn Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI