Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: When?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: When? Page: <<   < prev  119 120 121 [122] 123   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: When? - 11/1/2013 9:11:30 PM   
warspite1

Can't believe after all this time that next week I will have the game at long last

For the first time in almost 20 years I will be raising steam and sailing HMS Warspite at the head of the Home/Mediterranean/Eastern or Pacific Fleets. Suck on my 15-incher Adolf/Tojo/Il Duce!

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3631
RE: When? - 11/1/2013 9:38:01 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Can't believe after all this time that next week I will have the game at long last

For the first time in almost 20 years I will be raising steam and sailing HMS Warspite at the head of the Home/Mediterranean/Eastern or Pacific Fleets. Suck on my 15-incher Adolf/Tojo/Il Duce!

Damn warspite I heard you were awesome in England, I just did not realize how awesome you were until now

Bo

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3632
RE: When? - 11/1/2013 10:03:15 PM   
Centuur

quote:

Banzai! The Imperial Navy just bombed an unimportant British battleship and send it to the bottom of the South China Sea... .

Peter

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3633
RE: When? - 11/1/2013 10:14:29 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

quote:

Banzai! The Imperial Navy just bombed an unimportant British battleship and send it to the bottom of the South China Sea... .

warspite1

What HMS Iron Duke? Yes, I used her as a decoy to lure Yamato, Musashi and co into the Indian Ocean, whereupon HMS Warspite unleashed her fearsome load, and reduced the IJN ships to a burning mass of twisted metal.

Back home after the second Impulse in time for tea and medals

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 3634
RE: When? - 11/2/2013 8:05:48 AM   
Sewerlobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

The release date is still November 7th.

Thanks, I was wondering if the change on the product page meant that there was some sort of delay.

Post #: 3635
RE: When? - 11/2/2013 1:59:15 PM   
Centuur

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

What HMS Iron Duke? Yes, I used her as a decoy to lure Yamato, Musashi and co into the Indian Ocean, whereupon HMS Warspite unleashed her fearsome load, and reduced the IJN ships to a burning mass of twisted metal.

On her way home, Japanese pilots, returning to the Zuikaku from patrolling the seas around Columbo, found the ship when it was running away from an engagement with the all powerful battleships of the IJN (interception succeeded when the ship aborted and the CW rolled 10 on it's search roll ). A second wave of attacks launched from the Zuikaku, left HMS Warspite in a mass of flames. Later that day, a Japanese submarine fired a number of torpedoes at the burning wreckage, which then dissappeared to the bottom of the sea.

< Message edited by Centuur -- 11/2/2013 2:03:35 PM >

Peter

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3636
RE: When? - 11/2/2013 2:03:10 PM   
Skanvak

May refit the IJN Yamato as uchusenkan Yamato to fight the warspite? :p

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 3637
RE: When? - 11/2/2013 3:16:08 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

On her way home, Japanese pilots, returning to the Zuikaku from patrolling the seas around Columbo, found the ship when it was running away from an engagement with the all powerful battleships of the IJN (interception succeeded when the ship aborted and the CW rolled 10 on it's search roll ). A second wave of attacks launched from the Zuikaku, left HMS Warspite in a mass of flames. Later that day, a Japanese submarine fired a number of torpedoes at the burning wreckage, which then dissappeared to the bottom of the sea.
warspite1

Er no...... I think not. The Grand Old Lady had already despatched the entire Kido Butai into oblivion. Keep up man!

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 3638
RE: When? - 11/3/2013 12:45:36 AM   
DQ2004

I'm really struggling with this last few days. Its now Sunday morning in sunny Hobart (coughNOTcough!), and I have to wait until Friday before I can hit the purchase & download button! Aaarghk!
I feel like I'm a Panzergrenadier crossing the steppes - when are we gonna get there!!?!
Silly isn't it, after waiting patiently for a decade?!?

"Look at you - you have HORSES! What were you thinking?!?" - Paratrooper David Webster

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3639
RE: When? - 11/3/2013 7:54:15 PM   
Mayhemizer_slith

A decade... I'm glad I was introduced to this game only 2 years ago :)

If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law

(in reply to DQ2004)
Post #: 3640
RE: When? - 11/4/2013 12:17:25 PM   
Joseignacio

Thanks, Numydar and Steven.

Post #: 3641
RE: When? - 11/5/2013 12:01:17 AM   
alexvand

Only a decade?

The last time I played this game face to face was in 1995. I heard a rumour back then about the idea that the game might be computerized. I've been waiting every since. Only a few more days........

(in reply to DQ2004)
Post #: 3642
RE: When? - 11/5/2013 1:16:43 AM   
Boschy

What ... is it time to dust off my WiF brain and get it back in to gear!

I haven't played the board game in several years now but I do have many memories of six month long games played one night a week, with my shed not being used for the car. It was hell during the Canberra winters!

I was even a very early tester of CWiF about a decade ago and had the honour of playing with Harry a few times. Glorious days! :).

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 3643
RE: When? - 11/5/2013 2:04:05 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

I think it is time.

Have you been following the development or did you happen here recently?

Welcome.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Boschy)
Post #: 3644
RE: When? - 11/5/2013 2:10:37 AM   
Boschy

I was active on this forum many a year ago under a different name, when I was heavily in to WiF several years ago. I was testing CWiF back before Matrix became involved but kind of lost track of it for some reason (I can't remember why). Then Matrix became involved and I just sort of migrated to the forum for a while. When I stopped playing WiF (after 15 years straight I needed a break) I drifted away from the CWiF forum too although I have checked in once in a while over the past few years just to see how things are going.

This was just one of those random checks!

Thanks for the welcome, by the way. It's appreciated.

< Message edited by Boschy -- 11/5/2013 3:11:27 AM >

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 3645
RE: When? - 11/5/2013 9:23:38 AM   
DQ2004

Only a decade? Well, maybe more. I guess I was saying 'roughly' a decade!!
...but in all honesty when they first announced it would become a computer game I didn't expect it to happen quickly.
Only when Matrix came onboard did I think it would be much sooner. So that IS a decade!

No criticism of Steve and the team in saying that, I think they've done a great job overall with obviously limited resources. I wish I'd been able to find the time to assist.

"Look at you - you have HORSES! What were you thinking?!?" - Paratrooper David Webster

(in reply to Boschy)
Post #: 3646
RE: When? - 11/5/2013 1:01:22 PM   
michaelbaldur

yes it is going to be released.

but my opinion is that it is not ready. but then I have big expectations

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to DQ2004)
Post #: 3647
RE: When? - 11/5/2013 4:27:00 PM   
Guillerdemon

Congrats small team!!!
In my case I'm used to playing solo the first version, so for now I will not have much change. The problem is that I have achieved this level of play that I have not level opponents in the board game.
By the way what time and GMT will leave the game?, And only hours away ...

“Una orquesta con buenos músicos y buenos instrumentos. Si hubiésemos tenido eso en España...”

David Ramón Etarict (Sergent-chef “Fábregas”) 2e DB

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 3648
RE: When? - 11/5/2013 9:37:22 PM   
Joey73

Hi!

Im a long time lurker here in the forums. Have been playing boardgame wif for 25 years and even played a couple of games solitaire on the old cwif. Must say that im very pleased to see this game finally going out for sale. Thanks to all involved.

Johan

para bellum

(in reply to Guillerdemon)
Post #: 3649
About Time - 11/6/2013 5:18:50 PM   
Omnius

I'm glad that the long wait is finally almost over, less than 24 hours now. I sure hope the game isn't too buggy in the initial release so that too many bugs don't mar my gaming experience. It will be interesting to see how close to the board game the PC version is. I do like the way they changed the map scale in the Pacific to be consistent with the European map scale. I sure hope the shipping of resources is vastly improved over the old PC version put out by ADG, hopefully when you manually set resource pathing the program won't always rethink it poorly.

(in reply to Joey73)
Post #: 3650
RE: About Time - 11/7/2013 11:18:26 AM   
Skanvak

What is hour of avialablitlity express at GMT+1? Because I am 7/11/2013 and it is still not avialable.

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 3651
RE: About Time - 11/7/2013 11:24:18 AM   
ANTONIOr

hi all !

today is the day ! thank you Steve for your unbelievable effort ! best wishes for your health again ,,and not just for doing a good job with the next jewel ...the AI

(in reply to Skanvak)
Post #: 3652
RE: About Time - 11/7/2013 11:39:52 AM   
Sewerlobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skanvak

What is hour of avialablitlity express at GMT+1? Because I am 7/11/2013 and it is still not avialable.

I read earlier that the releases are usually about 14:00-17:00 GMT. I see the page now has the release date back up instead of "Coming soon" so let's hope there's no glitches.

Why choose the lesser evil: Vote Cthulhu.

(in reply to Skanvak)
Post #: 3653
RE: About Time - 11/7/2013 11:51:31 AM   
captskillet

Should be around 12:00 EST (US) which would be 17:00 GMT me thinks!

Tonite should be a blast, MWIF to wrap my hands/head around and 2 good college ballgames on the telly (Baylor/OU and Stanford/Ore.

< Message edited by captskillet -- 11/7/2013 1:02:05 PM >

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to Sewerlobster)
Post #: 3654
RE: About Time - 11/7/2013 12:27:44 PM   
Anendrue

WAY TO GO STEVE! I have cheered, rooted and told everyone this day would happen. Trolls, werewolves and other near do wells. I just want to say... We told you so!

Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching.

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 3655
RE: About Time - 11/7/2013 12:59:29 PM   
catski

It seems such a long time waiting for it to finally almost be here and able to buy it!!

Big thanks to Steve for all the hard work and many hours and illness in getting this brillant board game to life

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 3656
RE: About Time - 11/7/2013 1:14:19 PM   
werwolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: abj9562

WAY TO GO STEVE! I have cheered, rooted and told everyone this day would happen. Trolls, werewolves and other near do wells. I just want to say... We told you so!

Be careful.....I have not seen how to buy this supposed "new" product, neither how it is works......
Just to avoid another surprise..............................

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 3657
RE: About Time - 11/7/2013 1:16:37 PM   
Easo79

Next time someone complains about girls over-eagerly waiting Zara's new season I am going to show HIM today's posts at this thread!

< Message edited by Easo79 -- 11/7/2013 2:19:30 PM >

A l’hora que el sol se pon, bevent al raig de la font, he assaborit els secrets de la terra misteriosa.

Part de dins de la canal he vist l’aigua virginal venir del fosc naixement a regalar-me la boca.

(in reply to catski)
Post #: 3658
RE: About Time - 11/7/2013 4:36:27 PM   
micheljq

What is that thing about physical shipment? How much to buy digital only and download?

Michel.

Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815

(in reply to Easo79)
Post #: 3659
RE: About Time - 11/7/2013 5:17:48 PM   
SamuraiProgrmmr

Just downloaded the patch!

First time I ever saw the patch available before the game! Cool Beans!

Bridge is the best wargame going .. Where else can you find a tournament every weekend?

(in reply to micheljq)
Post #: 3660
Page:   <<   < prev  119 120 121 [122] 123   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: When? Page: <<   < prev  119 120 121 [122] 123   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI