Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rollout Finally

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Rollout Finally Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rollout Finally - 11/7/2013 2:23:58 PM   
Omnius

Here it is November 7th and there's no link to be able to actually purchase World in Flames. A real disappointment after having to wait so long, now we have to wait for Matrix to get it's act together to actually price and sell the game online. I'm not surprised that the game may be too big to download, but there's no excuse to promote a date of sale and not have the product sales site ready to sell this product. Matrix deserves a big fail for not having this game ready for sale when Matrix said it would be.

Omnius

< Message edited by Omnius -- 11/7/2013 8:52:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 2:29:20 PM   
obermeister

They didn't say exactly what time it would be available today, or what time zone did they? As long as it's still the 7th somewhere on the planet, they aren't late.

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 2
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 2:29:26 PM   
michaelbaldur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omnius

Here it is November 7th and there's no link to be able to actually purchase World in Flames. A real disappointment after having to wait so long, now we have to wait for Matrix to get it's act together to actually price and sell the game online. I'm not surprised that the game may be too big to download, but there's no excuse to promote a date of sale and not have the product sales site ready to sell this product. Matrix deserves a big fail for not having this game ready for sale when Matrix said it would be.

Omnius

you cant download it ..

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 3
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 2:29:59 PM   
Sabre21

quote:

Omnius

If this was the 8th or 9th I could understand. But this is still morning time on the 7th. Typically they release in the early afternoon eastern US time on the date indicated. Patience..it will occur when it occurs and not a moment sooner.

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 4
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 2:31:14 PM   
Tjalfe

We have litteraly been waiting decades but it comes down to a few hours of waiting for you Omnius. Very strange person you are.

Cheers

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 5
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 2:32:02 PM   
michaelbaldur

you still have to wait for the post man.

so really no effect when you order it

I work hard, not smart.

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to Tjalfe)
Post #: 6
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 2:32:31 PM   
28ID

I'll respectfully disagree -- I'm pretty sure there have been past releases that became available later in the day, but still on the release date. Erik has stated that WIF can be purchased mid day today. Just a few more hours after such a long wait.

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 7
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 2:33:48 PM   
captskillet

you can download it, the ONLY buying option will be physical + download (with or without maps). By the looks of another post by Eric I wouldn't be counting on the 1200 EST US time frame either as they seem to be having some QA issues with Plimus that they are still clearing up.

< Message edited by captskillet -- 11/7/2013 3:36:08 PM >

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 8
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 2:52:32 PM   
michaelbaldur

quote:

The game is only available in physical format and includes three Hardbound Full Color reference volumes:

Player's Manual Vol. 1 & Vol 2 (They cover the interface and gameplay of the officially licensed Matrix Games World in Flames computer game forming a complete reference on how to play the game). These are full color hardbound manuals totaling 552 pages, more comprehensive than any game manual we've done in the past!
The Rules as Coded (it follows the structure of the World in Flames as Written, providing a complete reference of the WiF rules as implemented in the officially licensed computer game. Players can also use this as a rule book for tabletop play). This is also a full color hardbound volume totaling 192 pages and is an invaluable reference which gives you the entire combined Rules as Coded at your fingertips for computer or tabletop play.

THE OPTIONAL MAP PACK - A global consistent scale and tabletop-playable WIF map!

< Message edited by michaelbaldur -- 11/7/2013 3:54:00 PM >

I work hard, not smart.

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 9
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 2:58:31 PM   
captskillet

from Steve in a earlier post about physical only.

quote:

Only a physical copy will be available for purchase. Those who buy the game will be able to download it immediately, with the manuals arriving in the mail later.

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Post #: 10
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 3:10:31 PM   
danlongman

You cannot please some people, ever. They go through life primed for disappointment.
High levels of expectation combined with low levels of acceptance is a recipe for
a lifetime of unhappiness. One day a heart attack waiting eternity for a green light will end it all.
Impatience is NOT a virtue. It doesn't even pay minimum wage. People in California are still getting
their morning piece, they haven't even got to Starbucks yet.
Chill out dude or go yell at your kids or maybe kick a dog.
You won't like it when it comes out anyway.

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

Post #: 11
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 3:11:51 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

Matrix deserves a big fail for not having this game ready for sale when Matrix said it would be.

Omnius

We all want it as badly as you do. Just because it isn't ready when you think it should be doesn't mean it's a big fail. Time zones man.. time zones..

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 12
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 3:12:00 PM   
michaelbaldur

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

from Steve in a earlier post about physical only.

quote:

Only a physical copy will be available for purchase. Those who buy the game will be able to download it immediately, with the manuals arriving in the mail later.

we will get the answer soon

I work hard, not smart.

Post #: 13
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 3:25:08 PM   
michaelbaldur

but does not matter, even if it available for down load. you will not get it today.

when I downloaded it, it to me a hour.

that was with a free server..

I work hard, not smart.

Post #: 14
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 3:28:45 PM   
Tjalfe

You have some great expectations for MWIF I gather. I would love for Matrixgames server to become overloaded because of WiF-fans downloading.

I would gladly wait until next morning if that were the case.

Cheers

Post #: 15
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 3:35:47 PM   
Dorb

Perhaps then they should not put it up on the buy board yet.(or better yet just take it off until it is able to be purchased) I don't mind the wait, but perhaps be professional about it. Would much rather see nothing up until its good to go. Really not asking to much. But that's just me.
Maybe they are still trying to figure out the final price.

Post #: 16
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 3:40:05 PM   
reltow

it is probably just the technical way how to set up a product and it will take a time to synchronize with all related Systems - fix the Errors because someone do wrong paste & copy

< Message edited by reltow -- 11/7/2013 4:40:37 PM >

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 17
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 3:43:03 PM   
Irish Guards

Maybe they havin a wee booze up for the launch ...
Before the dust up begins eh'

faugh a ballagh'
IDG

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 18
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 3:45:40 PM   
Numdydar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorb

Perhaps then they should not put it up on the buy board yet.(or better yet just take it off until it is able to be purchased) I don't mind the wait, but perhaps be professional about it. Would much rather see nothing up until its good to go. Really not asking to much. But that's just me.

The game description has been up for quite a while. It did not just pop up today. It is called marketing. They want people to know the game is about to be released and what you will get with it.

If they had NOT put this page up over a month ago, then people would be complaining about why there was no information about the game and what you would be getting. So it it obvious that no matter what Matrix did, someone would have an issue .

This is why I never want to work in retail (and hope I never do )

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 19
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 4:21:15 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

but does not matter, even if it available for down load. you will not get it today.

when I downloaded it, it to me a hour.

that was with a free server..

Customers will be able to download the game, with the manuals (and maps) arriving in the mail later.

Download times vary greatly.

I upgraded my modem last week (it was 9 years old) and cut the download time from 2 hours 15 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes. I've since upgraded my DSL from 7 Mbps (theoretical maximum) to 15 Mbps. I haven't tested an actual download using the upgraded DSL, but WWW.SpeedTest.net shows an improvement from 4.8 Mbps (last week) to 10.5 Mbps (yesterday). Those numbers vary throughout the day for a whole lot of reasons, but I expect my download time for the full MWIF is now in the 30-35 minute range. That is what has been reported by some of the beta testers too.

Matrix increased their bandwidth recently (within the last month?), with the express purpose of making downloads faster. But if you have an older antiquated system on the receiving end (like I did), you will need to be patient.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Post #: 20
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 5:11:46 PM   
Easo79

Does the download include the PDF manuals?

A l’hora que el sol se pon, bevent al raig de la font, he assaborit els secrets de la terra misteriosa.

Part de dins de la canal he vist l’aigua virginal venir del fosc naixement a regalar-me la boca.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 21
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 5:21:13 PM   
Numdydar

Yes. Everything in the manuals is in a pdf.

(in reply to Easo79)
Post #: 22
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 5:26:30 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

Omnius

Well, the big fail is that you do not or can not understand that last minute glitches occur in the physical world.

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 23
RE: Disappointing Rollout - 11/7/2013 6:01:40 PM   
Dorb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorb

The game description has been up for quite a while. It did not just pop up today. It is called marketing. They want people to know the game is about to be released and what you will get with it.

If they had NOT put this page up over a month ago, then people would be complaining about why there was no information about the game and what you would be getting. So it it obvious that no matter what Matrix did, someone would have an issue .

This is why I never want to work in retail (and hope I never do )

My bad - guess I never notice the buy button and it being on the front page under new release all these weeks.
I am sorry I expected more from a company for a major launch. - I do now see they finally issued a statement as to what is going on so we the customer now understand the delay. I thank them for this.
Now lets get the game and take it out on each other on the battlefield.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 24
Successful Order and Download - 11/7/2013 7:59:55 PM   
Omnius

I tried again about 4 hours later and indeed I was able to successfully order the boxed version and download the game. The download took an hour, as stated in the download advice. As the saying goes, better late than never. Thanks for getting the game ready for sale on the day promised, even if not quite as early as I would have liked. Sorry for the hasty beef earlier, am now a happy camper. Now the World in Flames War can begin.

Advice for Plimus: Under the "Important" download instructions please correct "we advice" to we advise".

I decided to pass on the $75 map set, didn't take my car out of the garage to play the board game so no reason to buy the new map set since I'll never use it. The whole reason for waiting so long for the computer version was to be able to play it without having to use my whole garage to set it up.

Omnius

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Rollout Finally Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI