Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Nice...and fast d/l

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Nice...and fast d/l Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nice...and fast d/l - 11/7/2013 7:04:44 PM   
bushybonbon

Not sure why, but WIF d/l'd in 12 minutes..onto the tutorials.
Post #: 1
RE: Nice...and fast d/l - 11/7/2013 7:05:34 PM   
Zorachus99

Agreed, good job with bandwidth.

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to bushybonbon)
Post #: 2
RE: Nice...and fast d/l - 11/8/2013 7:32:21 AM   
Neilster

I'm about to be connected to the National Broadband Network. Super fast optical fibre. But I can't wait to download

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 3
RE: Nice...and fast d/l - 11/8/2013 11:40:41 AM   
Dorb

Yep about 15mins last night, 5mins later loaded the PDFs on my Ipad so can read at night in bed without needing a light on to bother the wife while she

Great job.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 4
RE: Nice...and fast d/l - 11/8/2013 12:41:07 PM   
jomni

How big is the file? Maybe just a few megabytes lol!

< Message edited by jomni -- 11/8/2013 1:41:20 PM >

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 5
RE: Nice...and fast d/l - 11/8/2013 12:44:36 PM   
Gizuria

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

How big is the file? Maybe just a few megabytes lol!

Nope. It's a whacking 2.something GB download

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 6
RE: Nice...and fast d/l - 11/8/2013 1:17:17 PM   
28ID

I'm lucky to have 13mbps fiber optic service (out in the middle of nowhere, too!) so the download took approximately thirty minutes. I remember downloading a patch for WITP back in '04 over a 56K modem. I had to stand watch near the land line phone for hours to make sure no one picked up the handset! Those were NOT the days.

(in reply to Gizuria)
Post #: 7
RE: Nice...and fast d/l - 11/8/2013 1:42:35 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Excellent download.....and patching.  Great Job, guys

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to 28ID)
Post #: 8
RE: Nice...and fast d/l - 11/8/2013 2:15:46 PM   
Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: 28ID

I'm lucky to have 13mbps fiber optic service (out in the middle of nowhere, too!) so the download took approximately thirty minutes. I remember downloading a patch for WITP back in '04 over a 56K modem. I had to stand watch near the land line phone for hours to make sure no one picked up the handset! Those were NOT the days.

When I was in the Air Force in the late 90s I was living on base. It's fair to say the RAAF were a bit behind the telecommunications curve when it came to on-base accommodation and we only had one phone in the corridor of each floor.

I managed to jury-rig a phone line together that involved twisting copper line together from some ancient junction box and a ridiculously long cable that had to go under carpet and up walls etc. The phone company guy couldn't believe it actually worked but it was very handy to have my own phone. It also meant I could get dial-up but it was ridiculously slow because of the above and apparently it also had to go through some dodgy PABX system or something.

I think it maxed out at 1.7Kb/second! I can remember downloading a 50Mb animation and it took about 13 hours. Why did I bother?

I'm looking forward to having the National Broadband Network. The street-work and optical splitter hardware has been done for my apartment building so I think some dude just has to press ENTER, I contact my internet provider and someone comes drills a hole in my apartment wall and puts a box inside that's connected to the optical splitter.

Luckily the previous government decided to include Tasmania at the start the project because they lost the election and the whole "fibre to the home" thing may only be continued as "fibre to the node" for any areas not already finished.

So you'll get blazing fast optical fibre to the end of your street and then a young lad in knickerbockers and a flat cap will deliver your data to your house by hand on a single speed bicycle

No thankyou. I'll be making sure I live in one of the completed areas.

Cheers, Neilster

< Message edited by Neilster -- 11/8/2013 3:18:38 PM >

(in reply to 28ID)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Nice...and fast d/l Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI