Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 6:54:56 PM   
AxelNL

quote:

nice to know you only paid $12 but some of us paid $50

also, your long post misses the point entirely, i haven't noticed anyone complaining about the cost of the game - the issue is no direct download only - an issue which cost us a hell of a lot more than you have had to pay, and all for something that is not needed

The decision was made to include the very high quality manuals. Getting something to another continent and through customs will cost. You have the choice to either wait until you visit the US or a trade fair such as Essen to save on both, or not to buy at all.

Most products have a different price in other countries, e.g. see the BigMac index in the Economist. Do you complain about that as well? Look at it this way:
You pay a price related to your country, and get the manuals for free. Would that help?

Manuals are beautifull, by the way. Visitors seeing them comment on them, and react in awe as they immediatly position the software product accordingly. They value in that way the product in their way.

< Message edited by AxelNL -- 11/11/2013 7:55:12 PM >

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 31
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 7:09:21 PM   
Maesphil74

Axel: For the umtpieth time:

the problem is NOT the price of game.
I'm willin to pay the game/manuals/second monitors/ADG coffeemugs that you need etc.
If the game was priced 90 euro: no problemo

The option several people want is this:
pay for the game/manuals and then tick a box 'please throw the manuals in the bin, I don't want to pay shipping/taxes on them'

So, 78 euro for the game + manuals; good for me.
BUT DON'T SHIP THE MANUALS
I would have paid for the manuals by the time I confirmed the order, so I can choose NOT to have them shipped as I have no use for them and I don't want to pay 50-60 euros extra for them to have something I don't need. Keep them in the states in a vault with my name on it for all I care.

Why is this so hard to understand??

No the game is not too expensive.
Its about the absurdness of having to pay shipping/taxes for something I don't want.

< Message edited by Fleming -- 11/11/2013 8:10:20 PM >

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 32
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 7:11:10 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fleming

I'm willin to pay the game/manuals/second monitors/ADG coffeemugs that you need etc.

pay for the game/manuals and then tick a box 'please throw the manuals in the bin, I don't want to pay shipping/taxes on them'

I would have paid for the manuals by the time I confirmed the order, so I can choose NOT to have them shipped as I have no use for them and I don't want to pay 50-60 euros extra for them to have something I don't need. Keep them in the states in a vault with my name on it for all I care.

Its about the absurdness of having to pay shipping/taxes for something I don't want.

Than don't buy it (or wait until the European warehouse opens, so shipping cost are lower...). You haven't got a choice with this, I'm afraid...

Peter

(in reply to Maesphil74)
Post #: 33
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 7:15:22 PM   
radic202

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanderz

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

quote:

ORIGINAL: radic202

quote:

ORIGINAL: 6079SmithW

I bought it and paid the ludicrous $50 Australian for the postage. I really want the game, but honestly I would have preferred to have done without the manuals, even if it meant paying for them and not having them delivered. Delivery adds 50% to the cost, and that really sticks in the craw. I have two copies of the physical game (5th and FE). I would have got by with the rules from those plus referring to the electronic copies of the manuals.

I'm not complaining about the game, which I am very happy to see, but honestly.... The delivery options are appalling. I can't believe that the poor guy who started this thread got slugged the same postage for Canada as for Australia!

Yep can you believe it? Your like 100 times further away?? And on another thread those in the US are simply playing $8.00 to $9.00 for delivery?? WTF? All I ask is that a cheaper delivery fee be an option. Then I will purchase the game, otherwise will be content with my new PS4 and Xbox One that come out Friday of this week and 1 week later.

I live in the Kansas - US, and my shipping was $12. My total was $186.98... far from breaking the bank vs my other hobbies (deer hunting anyone?)

How do you guys plan on Matrix kicking out games, supporting them, and continuing to make more of them if we pay next to nothing for our games?

I recall being a kid and going into a store and paying $10-15 for a computer game. That was also 1990.

I also recall that each and everyone of us here have different financial situations, but Matrix offers a game at a price that the market dictates. Some can afford that, some can't. If they think they can get more for the game, they will try and do that. If they think they should sell it for less, they will do that as well.
If you feel like they're the ones adding the VAT and all of the other requirements of $ to get it into your country then please think again. I HIGHLY doubt they charged $30, when it only costs them $5. But, that is assuming.

I have a fair grasp on shipping costs, IN the US. I run a trading company, that is all we do. That is our largest expense by far, and shipping ISN'T cheap by any means.

Now on the DD only, I have no idea.. I don't make those calls.

This game is a whole nother animal compared to other computer games IMO. Right or wrong.

I do not know how the VAT works, shipping from country to country. Hell, I don't even know what country these are shipping out of, I just know I'll pay whatever I think is fair to get a game I would like. I am not saying anyone here is right or wrong for their thinking of fair... every place is different, and I won't pretend to be an expert.

I paid close to $200 bucks, and I am ok with that knowing I will play this game for a long time I think.

ALSO, paying that much for something means I will spend more time on it vs something I bought for dirt cheap or was given for free. I have more money invested in it...WHICH, I don't think was Matrix's plan, but it could be.

I guess what I am saying is, Matrix has this product for sale with the selected options (maps, no DD only.. yada yada) for reasons the majority if all of us do not know. What I do feel is they have offered it to us at what I consider a reasonable rate for a game that will offer hours of replay ability, and have ongoing support and improvement.

Thanks - jk

also, your long post misses the point entirely, i haven't noticed anyone complaining about the cost of the game - the issue is no direct download only - an issue which cost us a hell of a lot more than you have had to pay, and all for something that is not needed

Wow, $186.00 and he lives in the US?? And only $12.00 for shipping? Unless he purchased the map as well, then that is your purgative and we do have the option NOT to purchase it! And still both manuals and map at $12.00 shipping? Awesome!

MY ENTIRE POINT is NOT the price of the game: it is the ridiculous amount I have to pay to get it to me.

If I had a $12.00 option for shipping the game to me? I would be enjoying it like all the rest of you and been on my merry way. But no, I pay the exact same rate as if I lived in Australia or the land of the Kiwis, heck if I lived on Wallis & Futuna Islands, I would gladly pay that $50.00 to get it to me. I am in Canada, not overseas!

I am getting angry at this because it seems that those who are willing to "waste" and waste is the correct term here when you are giving FedEx $50.00 of your hard earned money to get bragging rights "that my Epeen" has more money then your "Epeen" kind of thing. I have the money to purchase the game 100 times over and not make a dent on my credit card statement but I do also have the smarts not to be taken to the cleaners by outrageous shipping charges to my country, which happens to be a little North of the US, not on another continent, not another planet but for many a short drive North.

I ask my American Friends, if they were charged over $50.00 plus a 50/50 chance of having a Custom Excise Tax added (not blaming Matrix here) to their purchase, would they all feel so inclined to by it at the same prices the rest of the gaming world is? Then to come over here and "rub it in" with a hobby is a hobby is a hobby?

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 34
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 7:22:27 PM   
Maesphil74

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

quote:

Than don't buy it (or wait until the European warehouse opens, so shipping cost are lower...). You haven't got a choice with this, I'm afraid...

Excactly.
And that's why several people keep on venting their frustration about this.
Hopefully if enough people insist on this and sales are lower than expected, Matrix will offer download only (FOR THE SAME PRICE) soon.
What else can we do?

We can only try to have the option.

When nobody would be complaining but just going 'pff, I don't care, back to playing football manager 14'; Matrix would not have the extra sales AND would not have this feedback of why.
At least we are saying WHY we are not considering buying.
You guys can just continue to play the game; we"re not reaching out to you

If I don't eat well in a restaurant I have 2 options:
shut my mouth, leave and never come back.
or:
criticise the food so the chef can adjust his cooking if the remarks are uttered by several clients.
Its called feedback

< Message edited by Fleming -- 11/11/2013 8:23:17 PM >

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 35
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 7:28:11 PM   
sanderz

quote:

You haven't got a choice with this, I'm afraid...

this is exactly what people are complaining about - no choice

but what makes it worse is that Matrix seem to have chosen to do this for no good reason - i don't think any of the other matrix games have this restriction

why have they done this?

do matrix make more money this way?

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 36
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 7:31:31 PM   
AxelNL

quote:

quote:

quote:

Excactly.
Hopefully if enough people insist on this and sales are lower than expected, Matrix will offer download only (FOR THE SAME PRICE) soon.
What else can we do?

When nobody would be complaining but just going 'pff, I don't care, back to playing football manager 14'; Matrix would not have the extra sales AND would not have this feedback of why.

or:
criticise the food so the chef can adjust his cooking if the remarks are uttered by several clients.
Its called feedback

Order and eat first, than you can criticise.

(in reply to Maesphil74)
Post #: 37
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 7:37:02 PM   
Maesphil74

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

quote:

quote:

quote:

Excactly.
What else can we do?

or:
Its called feedback

Order and eat first, than you can criticise.

Oh but the problem in this case is not the food. The problem in this restaurant is the service when ordering the food...
I entered allready and tried to order several times.

The waiter keeps telling me he needs 50 euro for the ketchup with my French fries. But I don't want any ketchup, sir.
Yeah, I know, but I'm going to bring you some and that's still 50 euros then.

Can I speak to the manager?

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 38
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 8:09:40 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

That is like saying, I want to buy just the car, but please don't include the tires, they're too expensive and I don't want them.

They're offering the product, at this time, with the manuals and the shipping to get it to you.

If you don't want it that way at this time, don't buy it.

I WOULD bet a heavy penny that they will offer as JUST a DD at some point in the future after this game's NEWNESS and RELEASE frenzy has worn off...

< Message edited by jeffk3510 -- 11/11/2013 9:18:25 PM >

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to Maesphil74)
Post #: 39
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 8:12:53 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanderz

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: 6079SmithW

I bought it and paid the ludicrous $50 Australian for the postage. I really want the game, but honestly I would have preferred to have done without the manuals, even if it meant paying for them and not having them delivered. Delivery adds 50% to the cost, and that really sticks in the craw. I have two copies of the physical game (5th and FE). I would have got by with the rules from those plus referring to the electronic copies of the manuals.

I'm not complaining about the game, which I am very happy to see, but honestly.... The delivery options are appalling. I can't believe that the poor guy who started this thread got slugged the same postage for Canada as for Australia!

Yep can you believe it? Your like 100 times further away?? And on another thread those in the US are simply playing $8.00 to $9.00 for delivery?? WTF? All I ask is that a cheaper delivery fee be an option. Then I will purchase the game, otherwise will be content with my new PS4 and Xbox One that come out Friday of this week and 1 week later.

I live in the Kansas - US, and my shipping was $12. My total was $186.98... far from breaking the bank vs my other hobbies (deer hunting anyone?)

How do you guys plan on Matrix kicking out games, supporting them, and continuing to make more of them if we pay next to nothing for our games?

I recall being a kid and going into a store and paying $10-15 for a computer game. That was also 1990.

I also recall that each and everyone of us here have different financial situations, but Matrix offers a game at a price that the market dictates. Some can afford that, some can't. If they think they can get more for the game, they will try and do that. If they think they should sell it for less, they will do that as well.
If you feel like they're the ones adding the VAT and all of the other requirements of $ to get it into your country then please think again. I HIGHLY doubt they charged $30, when it only costs them $5. But, that is assuming.

I have a fair grasp on shipping costs, IN the US. I run a trading company, that is all we do. That is our largest expense by far, and shipping ISN'T cheap by any means.

Now on the DD only, I have no idea.. I don't make those calls.

This game is a whole nother animal compared to other computer games IMO. Right or wrong.

I do not know how the VAT works, shipping from country to country. Hell, I don't even know what country these are shipping out of, I just know I'll pay whatever I think is fair to get a game I would like. I am not saying anyone here is right or wrong for their thinking of fair... every place is different, and I won't pretend to be an expert.

I paid close to $200 bucks, and I am ok with that knowing I will play this game for a long time I think.

ALSO, paying that much for something means I will spend more time on it vs something I bought for dirt cheap or was given for free. I have more money invested in it...WHICH, I don't think was Matrix's plan, but it could be.

I guess what I am saying is, Matrix has this product for sale with the selected options (maps, no DD only.. yada yada) for reasons the majority if all of us do not know. What I do feel is they have offered it to us at what I consider a reasonable rate for a game that will offer hours of replay ability, and have ongoing support and improvement.

Thanks - jk

Wow, $186.00 and he lives in the US?? And only $12.00 for shipping? Unless he purchased the map as well, then that is your purgative and we do have the option NOT to purchase it! And still both manuals and map at $12.00 shipping? Awesome!

MY ENTIRE POINT is NOT the price of the game: it is the ridiculous amount I have to pay to get it to me.

If I had a $12.00 option for shipping the game to me? I would be enjoying it like all the rest of you and been on my merry way. But no, I pay the exact same rate as if I lived in Australia or the land of the Kiwis, heck if I lived on Wallis & Futuna Islands, I would gladly pay that $50.00 to get it to me. I am in Canada, not overseas!

I am getting angry at this because it seems that those who are willing to "waste" and waste is the correct term here when you are giving FedEx $50.00 of your hard earned money to get bragging rights "that my Epeen" has more money then your "Epeen" kind of thing. I have the money to purchase the game 100 times over and not make a dent on my credit card statement but I do also have the smarts not to be taken to the cleaners by outrageous shipping charges to my country, which happens to be a little North of the US, not on another continent, not another planet but for many a short drive North.

I ask my American Friends, if they were charged over $50.00 plus a 50/50 chance of having a Custom Excise Tax added (not blaming Matrix here) to their purchase, would they all feel so inclined to by it at the same prices the rest of the gaming world is? Then to come over here and "rub it in" with a hobby is a hobby is a hobby?

I can't honestly give you an answer, as I've never had to deal with that.

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 40
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 8:16:26 PM   
Maesphil74

quote:

quote:

That is like saying, I want to buy just the car, but please don't include the tires, they're too expensive and I don't want them.

They're offering the product, at this time, with the manuals and the shipping to get it to you.

If you don't want it that way at this time, don't buy it.

And guess what; I f I would like to buy a car for 10000 euro and tell the sales person:
Look I'll pay you the 10000 euro but I don't need the tires, just don't want them.

What would he say?
'Hell no, the whole car or nothing'
I Don't think so: he would put the tires back in his warehouse and start counting his money

Again, I want to pay for the manuals; no problem
Just don't send them to me.
I will pay the 78 euro for the game + manuals. And then I would like to ask them to throw them away.
What's the problem with that?

Pay yes
send no

It's a win win for everyone but nobody seems to get it

< Message edited by Fleming -- 11/11/2013 9:17:02 PM >

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 41
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 8:19:40 PM   
jeffk3510

I just re edited my post about DD.. after you posted though.

I would bet they allow just a DD at some point.. right now people will pay for the whole shebang..

< Message edited by jeffk3510 -- 11/11/2013 9:20:03 PM >

(in reply to Maesphil74)
Post #: 42
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 8:28:10 PM   
Maesphil74

quote:

I would bet they allow just a DD at some point.. right now people will pay for the whole shebang..

I hope so too...
Well, for the moment it is what it is.

I'd sure would like to live next to your cows though. Would help me decide getting this game a bit faster

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 43
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 8:31:47 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

quote:

I hope so too...
Well, for the moment it is what it is.

I'd sure would like to live next to your cows though. Would help me decide getting this game a bit faster

I guess I don't follow what the cows have to do with it...haha

(in reply to Maesphil74)
Post #: 44
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 8:34:30 PM   
jeffk3510

Nm... I think I do now.

The whole $12 for shipping with no other fees..

Sorry, man. It is what it is I guess.

Things cost more or less different places. Same with shipping.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 45
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 10:24:12 PM   
MatJack

I'm not trying to keep something going that should probably end since it seems like it should, but I had to post something that helped me.

For me I wanted to get around FedEx shipments getting delivered to someone else when shipped to my house.......So I entered my work address and had shipment sent to work address because I wanted the books and DVD.

Possible option A

Before odering find another person with an address within the US that you trust. When ordering select the option to ship to an another address (billing and email are you, shipping is a buddy in the US = $9.00).

Get the email and use digital stuff and:

1) have the buddy destroy the DVD and any serial number stuff and let him keep the books

2) as for #1 but donate the books to Goodwill

3) have buddy ship some or all to you using regular postal mail

Possible option B (live outside of US with no friends in US and do not want hardcopy stuff)

Use your billing and email information and have the shipping address entered as MAtrix themselves and AFTER placing the order send them a note to donate the books to goodwill or keep as inventory to use for damaged replacements.

Option B above means you pay for material not being used BUT it seems to me that theres no way around that now and there may be no way around this later but it may give some of you who want the game but not huge shipping and associated boarder fees a solution

< Message edited by Mat_Jack -- 11/11/2013 11:25:48 PM >

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 46
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 10:33:05 PM   
radic202

Thanks Mat_JacK,

But for me it does not work as My Credit Card will NOT authorize the purchase if the address is different then the Credit Card Holder. I do have it already authorized (had to call them though at one time) to ship to my work address but that is the same city, same province and of course same country.

Now there are exceptions when purchasing gifts for Xmas and Birthdays as long as it is shipped in the same country and when that happens I usually get a friendly call from my Gold Card Account Rep double checking before letting the charge go through if I have never had anything shipped there before. Not sure if it is the same with others but my CC company watches online purchases with a fine tooth comb (and that is a good thing). On a whim, I may call them in the morrow and see if this is a possibility. I even wonder if I used one of those pre-paid credit cards if that would work. I have plenty of friends in the US that can handle the shipment for me.

(in reply to MatJack)
Post #: 47
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 10:45:03 PM   
aspqrz02

Link your CC to PayPal ... and when you pay via PayPal you can select the option to have it shipped to a different address each time, and these need not be your Billing Address for the CC, which, of course, PayPal really neither knows nor cares about.

I would be surprised if your Bank/CC Provider didn't allow this but, if that's the case, you can do what I did some years ago when RPGNow's customer database was hacked and my CC was hit by several hundred $$$ in bogus charges (all reversed, since they were for things like flights from Brazil to Paris, and I was obviously in Australia ), I went to another friendly Bank and got a CC with a $500 limit, and use that for purchasing from the Internet ... and make sure *that* Bank allows you to send things to a different address than your Billing Address.

Or, in many (most?) countries you can buy VISA or other stored value (Debit) cards at your local Post Office or large stores for set amounts or, in some cases, rechargeable ones, and use those ... and they don't care what your address is, as long as there's enough money in them to pay for whatever you want to buy. I know, as my Sister, a real technophobe that way, but an online shopaholic, does that and has been quite happy with the one she got through Australia Post (she was telling me the other night it was only a 90c charge per transaction and free reload).

So there are always options to get around this insane decision of Matrix's.

Phil

Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 48
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 11:01:26 PM   
mariandavid

Perhaps Matrix/Slitherine/Ageod could simply investigate the difference in duty cost when NOT using FedEx etc. I buy a lot of boardgames as well from the States and have insisted that they be sent by UPS/Canada Post and NEVER by FedEx and the rest. The reasons:

- they charge before shipping a fixed brokerage fee (always the maximum possible under any possible circumstance), which allows them to pass freely through the cost estimate section of Canadian Customs - its easier for them and a lot more expensive for you.
- if they miss you it is an utter pain to get a second delivery (as opposed to post in which you just totter gleefully down to the nearest post office)
- and in any case they often (in the cities very often) use Canada Post to deliver to the door anyway!

As an example of this nonsense - bought a set of games from Clash of Arms - cost me $120 plus c$30 shipping. FedEx charged me $60 for the pre-estimated (meaning they had no idea) cost of entry!

I feel better now after that vent - though incidentally check the shipping costs of a place like CoolStuffInc. It will give you (and Matrix maybe) the postage costs of items comparable to this one.

(in reply to aspqrz02)
Post #: 49
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 11:08:10 PM   
76mm

quote:

You have the choice to either wait until you visit the US or a trade fair such as Essen to save on both, or not to buy at all.

Yeah, this is a really reasonable set of options for a product which could be offered 100% digitally

quote:

Manuals are beautifull, by the way. Visitors seeing them comment on them, and react in awe as they immediatly position the software product accordingly. They value in that way the product in their way.

I'm not sure if we're to take this post seriously, but some of us don't attach much value to this line of reasoning.

quote:

No, actually, it is nothing like that, because tires are in fact necessary to operate the car. This is more like a dealer saying that you can only buy the car if you also pay 1/2 the price of the car to the stereo shop next door for a really cool car stereo, because you can't really appreciate this car without good music (a large amount paid to a third party for something which is both unnecessary and unwanted).

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 50
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 11:17:55 PM   
Arnir

When we find out shipping weight, etc, we can probably find out how much other shipping options cost. That might allow non-US customers who have a friend in the US to receive it and then ship it another method for cost.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 51
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 11:24:54 PM   
rickier65

Matrix Games also have Gift Cards now in Various denominations. Maybe buy one of them with credit card and then use the gift card to buy the game and have it shipped to US address.

rick

(in reply to aspqrz02)
Post #: 52
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 11:33:05 PM   
radic202

WELL IT WORKED!!!!!

I had to go out to the store for my better-half and in-line at the cash they had pre-paid Visa Cards, so what the heck! Had to pay the $6.45 activation fee but bought one nonetheless, if it don't work here I can always use it elsewhere.

Call my buddy in Zephyhills Florida, said no problem, entered the purchase info, his address and low and behold a $10.00 CND ($9.00 US) Shipping Fee appears and poof it went through. I will simply pick up the manuals and DVD on my next trip to Florida or have have my parents pick it up or he can send them to me low priority US post.

ALL and ALL I have it with minimum shipping charges up front!

My only disappointment is that it took the Community of Forum Posters and some very nice Members in here via Private Messages (looking at you Rick) to find a solution. I would have thought that Matrix would have been more forthcoming...............

Now to watch those videos that all of you are praising.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 53
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 11:35:06 PM   
radic202

By The Way, buddy said that he has no problem receiving other shipments for those who are or were in the same boat as me. He can destroy or give away as you please or whartever and works form home, so always there to receive the package........Just PM me if you need an address.

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 54
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/11/2013 11:53:10 PM   
Ingtar

I wonder if they could be shipped as a document (not commodity) shipment. I will see if I can find some alternatives.

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 55
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/12/2013 12:14:20 AM   
danimaning2

It´s so strange that Matrix put the DD option at the SAME price?, nobody would come harmed (only Fedex).

I can´t understand why

(in reply to Ingtar)
Post #: 56
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/12/2013 12:35:30 AM   
aspqrz02

No one else can, either ... even the posters who believe that the decision is the best of all possble worlds

If you figure it out, let the rest of us know!

Phil

Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au

(in reply to danimaning2)
Post #: 57
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/12/2013 12:50:40 AM   
jerrystead

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mat_Jack

I'm not trying to keep something going that should probably end since it seems like it should, but I had to post something that helped me.

For me I wanted to get around FedEx shipments getting delivered to someone else when shipped to my house.......So I entered my work address and had shipment sent to work address because I wanted the books and DVD.

Possible option A

Before odering find another person with an address within the US that you trust. When ordering select the option to ship to an another address (billing and email are you, shipping is a buddy in the US = $9.00).

Get the email and use digital stuff and:

1) have the buddy destroy the DVD and any serial number stuff and let him keep the books

2) as for #1 but donate the books to Goodwill

3) have buddy ship some or all to you using regular postal mail

Possible option B (live outside of US with no friends in US and do not want hardcopy stuff)

Use your billing and email information and have the shipping address entered as MAtrix themselves and AFTER placing the order send them a note to donate the books to goodwill or keep as inventory to use for damaged replacements.

Option B above means you pay for material not being used BUT it seems to me that theres no way around that now and there may be no way around this later but it may give some of you who want the game but not huge shipping and associated boarder fees a solution

I ordered it through my assumed ID because I'm on the Witness Protection program. This allowed me to order it in the US. I contacted the hackers at Anonymous and they were able to order with a credit card of an American citizen. I then had the package shipped to the White House, but with the help of the A-Team, and that guy from Bourne Identity, I flew in a chopper and was able to intercept the package before it got there. The Manuals were then smuggled into the UK inside my niece's teddy bear, and I was able to get the DVD into the country and through the TSA screening and customs checks by inserting it into my rectum.

Are you serious?

< Message edited by jerrystead -- 11/12/2013 2:21:49 AM >

(in reply to MatJack)
Post #: 58
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/12/2013 1:02:28 AM   
jerrystead

quote:

You have the choice to either wait until you visit the US or a trade fair such as Essen to save on both, or not to buy at all.

That's it!
I've figured it out. Matrix doesn't actually want us to buy this game!

Don't you see? They're testing us.

< Message edited by jerrystead -- 11/12/2013 2:22:26 AM >

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 59
RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? - 11/12/2013 2:09:22 AM   
jeffk3510

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

quote:

Yeah, this is a really reasonable set of options for a product which could be offered 100% digitally

quote:

I'm not sure if we're to take this post seriously, but some of us don't attach much value to this line of reasoning.

quote:

No, actually, it is nothing like that, because tires are in fact necessary to operate the car. This is more like a dealer saying that you can only buy the car if you also pay 1/2 the price of the car to the stereo shop next door for a really cool car stereo, because you can't really appreciate this car without good music (a large amount paid to a third party for something which is both unnecessary and unwanted).

Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Want to purchase but almost 40% more for shipping? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI