Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The new Asia Map - Strategies?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> The War Room >> The new Asia Map - Strategies? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The new Asia Map - Strategies? - 11/8/2013 5:34:53 PM   
alexvand

So I was setting my first game up last night.

I've spent hours over the years poring over these maps and setting things up in Europe was a breeze, but this asia map is really different.

I've certainly struggled with setting up the Japanese and the Chinese.

What things have you noticed? What viable strategies and tactics will appear with this new map?
Post #: 1
RE: The new Asia Map - Strategies? - 11/16/2013 11:52:02 AM   
dale1066

Seems to me that building as many J land units asap (keep CVs goings as well) will make defending China very difficult to the point where it seems more likely that it will be forced to surrender. At first the # of J hqs and the rearranged road/rail/control at set up limits the points of action there are also new ports which help. The lack of land units for china means it now looks very difficult to set up a double stacked defensive line that can't be leached around and any single units will get picked off or again if in very tough terrain ignored so Chinese losses in units could then be much higher than usual. I guess it ma affect the Russian position as well . Will we see more & earlier ussr Dows on J in an effort to shore up china?

Defending china now seems a like a repeat of defending the ussr but with many fewer units and rougher terrain. If anyone fancies a game where we just do that scenario (is there one for just that map from s/o '39 ? ) i.e. ignore the west or abstract it in order to test out J/C strategies I'd be up for it.

I seem to recall from my CWif solo efforts that J can still get bogged down in C and be out of position for any US or CW shenanigans tho'

We're here for a good time not a long time!

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> The War Room >> The new Asia Map - Strategies? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI