Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

License transfer?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> License transfer? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
License transfer? - 11/16/2013 2:54:46 AM   
TomC

Hi,

Congratulations to Steve & Matrix for the CWiF release. I know someone who's bought it and is unhappy with the purchase. If I buy it from him is the license transferable? I searched the corporate site but couldn't find a copy of the license to view. Thanks for any info.

Tom C.
Post #: 1
RE: License transfer? - 11/16/2013 5:50:50 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomC

Hi,

Congratulations to Steve & Matrix for the CWiF release. I know someone who's bought it and is unhappy with the purchase. If I buy it from him is the license transferable? I searched the corporate site but couldn't find a copy of the license to view. Thanks for any info.

Tom C.

I believe I saw elsewhere in the forum (for a different game) that Ian said that they have no mechanism for transferring licenses.

However you might check to see if your friend has registered his serial number or not. If he hasn't registered it, maybe you would be able to register it in your name.

Rick

(in reply to TomC)
Post #: 2
RE: License transfer? - 11/16/2013 6:37:44 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomC

Hi,

Tom C.

Be careful.

CWIF usually refers to the computer version of World in Flames published by Australian Design Group. That has been around for several years, and costs $10 from ADG if I remember correctly.

MWIF refers to the Matrix Games World in Flames computer version. This has just been released and it the topic discussed in this forum.

As for the license transfer for MWIF, I don't know.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to TomC)
Post #: 3
RE: License transfer? - 11/16/2013 8:09:13 PM   
wodin

It can be done..but you wouldn't be able to register it..would be on trust they don't keep and install..all they do is send you the serial number and game exe.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
RE: License transfer? - 11/16/2013 9:07:45 PM   
boshar

My gaming DVD has my Full name and my serial on it. If I remember correctly the game was already added to my Matrix account when I wanted to add the serial so I wouldn't be so sure that he license is transferable.

Maybe it will work as long as you play solitaire but doesn't netplay check the serial when you play online?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: License transfer? - 11/16/2013 9:51:40 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: boshar

My gaming DVD has my Full name and my serial on it. If I remember correctly the game was already added to my Matrix account when I wanted to add the serial so I wouldn't be so sure that he license is transferable.

Maybe it will work as long as you play solitaire but doesn't netplay check the serial when you play online?

I think i read that it did verify it, which is why you need two different ones to play someone via NetPlay. Some of games i've bought show up in my Matrix account list of registered games automatically, but others I've bought, I've had to go in and add the serial number to my registered games. I'm not sure exactly why.

Rick

(in reply to boshar)
Post #: 6
RE: License transfer? - 11/18/2013 1:39:04 AM   
TomC

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

CWIF usually refers to the computer version of World in Flames published by Australian Design Group. That has been around for several years, and costs $10 from ADG if I remember correctly.

MWIF refers to the Matrix Games World in Flames computer version. This has just been released and it the topic discussed in this forum.

Heh. I've been following code development since Chris M's first efforts--I still have one of his early betas somewhere--so I default to calling it all "CWiF". I'm referring to the Matrix version. It sounds like there's no way to do a license transfer, which is disappointing.

Tom C.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 7
RE: License transfer? - 11/18/2013 1:54:24 AM   
wodin

I can't see it being an issue. You just send the exe file and serial number to the buyer..they obviously can't register it under their name but it's no real hardship. The seller just makes sure they delete the game.

People have sold Matrix games before now.

(in reply to TomC)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> License transfer? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI