Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply question (bug?)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Supply question (bug?) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply question (bug?) - 1/22/2003 9:21:10 PM   
Grumbling Grogn

See also: [URL=http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31760]UV General Forum Thread[/URL]

I have had this unit in Tulagi for well over a month. The supply situation has fluctuated back and forth on this unit, but for the last 3 weeks or so there has been ample supply and the unit has been generating enough support to meet it's own needs (one of the reasons I picked it to be placed there--Japanese control Lunga).

Anyway while I keep moving in supplies when I can, and the unit says it has enough support for itself, it does not ever seem to draw supply from the base and it's fatigue keeps going up and up...

Current screenshot:

[IMG]http://home.swbell.net/grog1/misc/tulagibase.jpg[/IMG]

If you want/need a save game let me who/where to send it and I can email it when I get home.

The Grumbling Grognard
Post #: 1
- 1/23/2003 5:16:00 AM   
Toro

Not sure, but it could be that malaria is disrupting the unit, making it less combat ready. Try pulling the unit out, replacing it with another unit, and taking it back "home" for a while to recoup.

(in reply to Grumbling Grogn)
Post #: 2
- 1/23/2003 11:56:28 AM   
Grumbling Grogn

That may be an issue, but that is a separate problem.

The screen shows the unit is not drawing any supplies. Rotating units on the front lines is not always an option. :(

The Grumbling Grognard

Post #: 3
- 2/11/2003 10:31:13 PM   
Welcome!

I have the same problem in Tulagi and Lunga. Will post a save as soon as possible.

You can test it:

- start head to head - scenario coral sea
- stand down all air to be safe
- disband the two tf at rabaul
- create a Fast Transport TF with a DD (important, not CL) with "load only troop" with 86 Naval Garrison, send it to Buna
- after two turn, the unit is at Buna with zero supply and 250 men
- take buna
- you can now send as many Fast Transport TF with supply you want, the supply of the unit will stay at zéro (the supply for the base will be OK)

if you use a CL for the FT on the first step, the unit will arrive at Buna with 450 men and 430 supply and you won't see the problem.

Forum UV en Français
http://uv.omahabeach-bedford.com/

Post #: 4
Re: Supply question (bug?) - 2/12/2003 7:23:22 AM   
Joel Billings

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grumbling Grogn
[B]See also: [URL=http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31760]UV General Forum Thread[/URL]

I have had this unit in Tulagi for well over a month. The supply situation has fluctuated back and forth on this unit, but for the last 3 weeks or so there has been ample supply and the unit has been generating enough support to meet it's own needs (one of the reasons I picked it to be placed there--Japanese control Lunga).

Anyway while I keep moving in supplies when I can, and the unit says it has enough support for itself, it does not ever seem to draw supply from the base and it's fatigue keeps going up and up...

Current screenshot:

[IMG]http://home.swbell.net/grog1/misc/tulagibase.jpg[/IMG]

If you want/need a save game let me who/where to send it and I can email it when I get home. [/B][/QUOTE]

I can't access the file. Is there a problem or is it just me?

Post #: 5
- 2/12/2003 8:05:52 AM   
Deathifier

I can't reach it either...
- Deathifier

Post #: 6
- 2/13/2003 3:26:55 AM   
Welcome!

The supply on my case is working in fact, it is just i didn't fully understand the 4X supply rule of the parent thread.

If you follow my test case, when supply reach 1200 in the base, then the unit in Buna (with supply required 20) will draw 175 (!) supply from the base.

I thought it just wanted to wait for 80 (4x20) in the base and that 600 was more than enough in the hex.

So the "wait for 4X supply in base before taking" (-more like 6X-) rule apply to the amount of supply the unit want to take with it as reserve, not 4X supply required.

So i prefer to think of it as a "50X rule", if the unit supply is at zero:

"20 supply required at rest" needs 1 000 supply in base before it fills
"400 supply required at rest" needs 20 000 supply in base (not sure of this one) to fill at 3200 supply

What do you think?

(still why troop takes supply with them with a CL (450 troops + 450 supply = 900 total real load!! on arrival) and not with a DD (250 troops) on FT with load only troops?)

Forum UV en Français
http://uv.omahabeach-bedford.com/

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Supply question (bug?) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI