Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My suggestions for improving the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> My suggestions for improving the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My suggestions for improving the game - 11/18/2013 10:57:28 AM   
CassioM

I saw a few colleagues sending your suggestions for improvements to the game and would like to send my suggestions too.

1 - Colors of the interface ( and skins )

I would if we could choose the colors for the interface . There are times when the white color becomes tiresome . I would also have to choose the colors of the map. The Google Earth style is fantastic , but I would have the option to choose other themes like the AEGIS one OJ-663 included on Harpoon ANW. They have a "more military" style.

2 - Random Units.

In game DANGEROUS WATERS we can choose the probability of presence of the game units. Its good to increase the scenarios replayability.

3 - Database photos .

Its good to have the option of having mini-windows to see the pictures of the units . We could also have the opportunity to add the pictures and descriptions in the database without being on the DB folder.

4 - Database on the foreground.

Every time I leave the database open. He is always in the foreground window. I have to close it to see the other applications and then open it again. A fix on this are welcome.

Thank friends.

# Sorry my bad english #
Post #: 1
RE: My suggestions for improving the game - 11/18/2013 9:31:15 PM   
Alex170g

another one:

not just mark a contact as friendly, hostile etc, but also gives the player the ability to select the class he belives that the contact is, till the AI crew finally classifies it correctly, very same as dangerous waters.

yeah, this yellow contact should be a hostile udaloy, plot it as such, tell me when my senior officers confirm its class and name.

< Message edited by Alex170g -- 11/19/2013 1:00:36 AM >

(in reply to CassioM)
Post #: 2
RE: My suggestions for improving the game - 11/18/2013 11:43:21 PM   
CV60

Regarding #3 on your list, the database images. You can find a good start on them here, ready for download and installation:
http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

While we don't have an image of every ship/sub/aircraft/weapon/facility in the game (yet), we got about 900 MB worth of 'em!

< Message edited by CV60 -- 11/19/2013 2:01:12 AM >

(in reply to CassioM)
Post #: 3
RE: My suggestions for improving the game - 11/19/2013 2:47:49 AM   
CassioM

Hello CV60.

I downloaded the pictures a few weeks ago. And still downloading the new ones. Grateful.

I was talking about a type of interface that facilitates the form we can edit the photos and descriptions. Something that permits pointing and clicking on the window to add the photos and the descriptons without the need to put them directly at the folder.

Thanks.

< Message edited by CassioM -- 11/19/2013 3:48:39 AM >

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 4
RE: My suggestions for improving the game - 12/3/2013 6:19:12 AM   
Marder

For me, the immersion would increase significantly if there was a small preview image of the selected unit.
It need not be large and should be switched off in the options for those who do not like it.

Technically it should simply be a scaled-down image from the database and displayed at the bottom right permanently.

What do you think?

< Message edited by Marder2075 -- 12/3/2013 7:21:05 AM >

(in reply to CassioM)
Post #: 5
RE: My suggestions for improving the game - 12/3/2013 10:17:10 AM   
GGLurch

quote:

ORIGINAL: CassioM

2 - Random Units.

In game DANGEROUS WATERS we can choose the probability of presence of the game units. Its good to increase the scenarios replayability.

That is possible already - but a little more complicated. Place a unit far outside your battlefield, create an ACTION with TELEPORT TO AREA and mark the area where you want that unit with ref. points on the map. Then create a trigger with a time (or even random time) and combine them in an EVENT. The EVENT can then be adjusted with an probability (%) of occurrence. I tested this and it works fine. Used it to randomly spawn mobile AA-Units, simulating them having turned off their radar before. Only problem is - in mountain areas - the slope... I am not sure, but is this actually influencing performance of an AA unit if placed in an area with a slope?

However - I'm really miss an ACTION to change EMCON of individual units independent of side-settings and an Action to change side posture.

GG

(in reply to CassioM)
Post #: 6
RE: My suggestions for improving the game - 12/3/2013 3:18:18 PM   
TMP95

"Random" units is a definite!  I thought this was already in the game ....(One of best aspects of old Janes F-18, was the randomness one could create with the editor and abililty to set % for units and/or events).

< Message edited by TMP95 -- 12/3/2013 4:19:55 PM >

(in reply to GGLurch)
Post #: 7
RE: My suggestions for improving the game - 12/3/2013 5:31:14 PM   
kaburke61

quote:

ORIGINAL: TMP95

"Random" units is a definite!  I thought this was already in the game ....(One of best aspects of old Janes F-18, was the randomness one could create with the editor and abililty to set % for units and/or events).

+1 definite

(in reply to TMP95)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> My suggestions for improving the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI