Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do I stop the flags waving?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> How do I stop the flags waving? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I stop the flags waving? - 11/12/2013 6:08:21 PM   
altipueri

I've tried several times to get into this game and always give up immediately.

1. Flags waving drives me to distraction - AGEOD has now introduced this to their American Civil War game - please Matrix stop them doing it. Why annoy people? In an RTS game you may want to be quickly notified of something but in a contemplative strategy game it's a nuisance.

2. All my troops die of foraging losses in turn one.

3. Why can't I just play a battle using the hex system on its own?

For a game that won some award it seems to have died pretty quickly. I bought it about 4 years ago and there's been little forum stuff and even the Ralegh or whatever beginners guides can't be got at it seems.
Post #: 1
RE: How do I stop the flags waving? - 11/18/2013 9:56:52 PM   
Russian Guard

This game is long in the tooth but I still drag it out and play it periodically...as I am doing this month.

To your questions:

1) Flag waving may annoy you but it's a feature, not intended to be a distraction. Not much to say about this other than ignore it, or don't play. FYI, I was in the play-testers group and I don't remember this issue ever coming up.

2) The only way a lot of your troops die of foraging on turn 1, is if you haven't supplied them, and they are sitting in bad forage/winter areas in winter. Build a depot (or chain of depots if necessary) and supply them. It would help to know which nation you are playing when this happens.

3) Because it's not built into the game. COGII was designed as a strategic simulation game with tactical combat. I would have liked this too, but if the game has "everything" everyone wants, it will cost $250.

RG

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> How do I stop the flags waving? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI