Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Netplay experience - is anybody playing?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Netplay experience - is anybody playing? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Netplay experience - is anybody playing? - 11/20/2013 8:15:18 PM   
Texashawk

I only ask because I don't see any current games going in the NetPlay forum, and I was curious how the experience was in light of the new-found issues with NetPlay before release. If you are currently playing, I'd love your thoughts on the experience, and any tips/learnings you might have from the experience! And Steve, if you're listening, if people are holding off of trying before an 'All Clear', where might that stand?

Thanks!

Steve

< Message edited by Texashawk -- 11/20/2013 9:17:05 PM >

Lifetime "You Magnificent Bastard!" callouts: 5
Lifetime slaps across the face by a female: 2
Lifetime games that hold my attention longer than a month: 3
Post #: 1
RE: Netplay experience - is anybody playing? - 11/20/2013 9:25:28 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Texashawk

I only ask because I don't see any current games going in the NetPlay forum, and I was curious how the experience was in light of the new-found issues with NetPlay before release. If you are currently playing, I'd love your thoughts on the experience, and any tips/learnings you might have from the experience! And Steve, if you're listening, if people are holding off of trying before an 'All Clear', where might that stand?

Thanks!

Steve

1 - The code for showing games-in-progress has not been written. The database stands ready but I haven't set up the program code to instantiate it. I want to get the Seeking Opponents database problems cleaned up first. They both use the same database design and I'll use the same routines to write/read/modify them.

2 - The changes I made in 1.0.2 prevented everyone from starting a new NetPlay game. 1.0.3 removed the one line of bad code.

3 - But some players are still having trouble starting NetPlay games. We think we have the culprit in custody and the big boys at Slitherine are sweating him now. When he squeals, I'll be sure to let you know.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Texashawk)
Post #: 2
RE: Netplay experience - is anybody playing? - 11/21/2013 1:05:47 AM   
Greyshaft

IMHO most people would be running through a few solitaire games first to get the concepts and basic strategy nailed before they start turning their glass upside down on the bar. Even experienced cardboard WiFFers have a few tricks they need to learn about the computer version.
RULE 1 : NO MULLIGANS!!!

/Greyshaft

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Netplay experience - is anybody playing? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI