Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/20/2013 3:29:35 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

Hello all,

If you have Awakening the Bear you can buy CoH: Storms of Steel for $10(US) off. To get the discount just enter your Awakening the Bear Serial Number into the Coupon Code Field of your Order, and click Recalculate.

Thank you for your continued support of Conflict of Heroes, Western Civilization Software, Slitherine and Matrix Games.

If you purchased ATB on Slitherine, we would request you buy Storms of Steel through their store.

Best Regards,
Andrew

Post #: 1
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/20/2013 5:27:06 PM   
tgb

$10 OFF? You mean you are actually going to charge Awakening the Bear owners $29.99 for an expansion????

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 2
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/20/2013 5:42:08 PM   
Dorb

Lol, what did you want Free? It's based on a board game. And yes hobbies are expensive.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 3
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/20/2013 6:23:52 PM   
tgb

I didn't expect it to sell for the same price as the base game. $10-$15 is reasonable. This is TWICE the price of Ghost Divisions. Outrageous.

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 4
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/20/2013 6:34:57 PM   
rickier65

This is a standalone game, not just an expansion. You don't need the first Conflict of heroes to play this one, it can be bought and played without having the first game. It seems fair to to charge the same price as the first game in the series. And I actually think giving current owners of CoH a coupon for $10 was a nice touch.

just my opinion.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 5
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/20/2013 7:10:51 PM   
tgb

I agree that $40 for a standalone version is reasonable. But for owners of the original, $30 for DLC is not, particularly when the previous expansion is only $15. And I don't want to hear a lot of hoo-hah about content. Paradox regularly releases DLC for their game with just as much content, and those are $10.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 6
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/20/2013 7:40:55 PM   
Dorb

Stand alone game, its a good price and even better with the coupon.
You can always wait until next year or so and get it 1/2 off. Or better yet try to find a copy of the board game that's out of print if you really want to cry about a price.

Lets see Paradox do a board game conversion...

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 7
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/20/2013 7:51:53 PM   
tgb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorb

You can always wait until next year or so and get it 1/2 off. Or better yet try to find a copy of the board game that's out of print if you really want to cry about a price.

Europa Universalis was originally a board game. And what does the fact that it's a board game conversion have to do with pricing anyway? There was a PC version of Talisman released not long ago, and that was $15.

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 8
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/20/2013 7:57:10 PM   
Igbe

Hey MG guys I cannot apply 2 coupon codes and I need you to resolve this. I am trying to apply my original game key for 10 off it works but then when I go to apply a gift card it removes the 10 discount. How can I both use my coupon and a gift card?

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 9
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/20/2013 8:10:07 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igbe

Hey MG guys I cannot apply 2 coupon codes and I need you to resolve this. I am trying to apply my original game key for 10 off it works but then when I go to apply a gift card it removes the 10 discount. How can I both use my coupon and a gift card?

i had the same experience - the $10 coupon then applying a gift card wouldnt work.

After reading more on the gift card, it looks like the system only allows one 'giftcard' or coupon to be applied. I imagine this also means if I had two giftcards, I wouldn't be able to combine them. That might be problematic for me this Christmas, as i wouldn't be surprised to get more than one giftcard.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Igbe)
Post #: 10
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/20/2013 8:15:29 PM   
Igbe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

i had the same experience - the $10 coupon then applying a gift card wouldnt work.

After reading more on the gift card, it looks like the system only allows one 'giftcard' or coupon to be applied. I imagine this also means if I had two giftcards, I wouldn't be able to combine them. That might be problematic for me this Christmas, as i wouldn't be surprised to get more than one giftcard.

Thanks
Rick

I am in the same boat as I already have multiple gift cards.

Seems like the store front needs a modern upgrade. Again MG is keeping a developer from getting paid because I see no reason to spend real money when I should be able to apply my coupon and gift card.

Get this fixed guys so I can purchase.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 11
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/20/2013 10:20:51 PM   
Dorb

quote:

ORIGINAL: tgb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorb

Europa Universalis was originally a board game. And what does the fact that it's a board game conversion have to do with pricing anyway? There was a PC version of Talisman released not long ago, and that was $15.

Maybe it's a supply and demand thing then. No one cares about the other two these days.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 12
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/20/2013 11:10:04 PM   
tgb

Right. Because the EU series is so unsuccessful.

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 13
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/20/2013 11:29:11 PM   
tgb

Ghost Divisions sells for $15, contains two campaigns made up of 10 new scenarios, so you are paying $1.50 each. Storms of Steel contains 15 new scenarios, plus the original game. So for $30 you get a bunch of stuff you already have, and 15 scenarios at $2 each. I still say it's a crummy deal for people who own the base game. Matrix is forcing you to repurchase what you already own.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 14
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 12:44:49 AM   
Dorb

I agree it's a terrible deal. The never of them, I'll wait a year or two when it's 1/2 off and buy. Maybe then they will stop porting their board games over and leave this to die. Just maybe then, they will go out of business and you and I can go into business and do it better and get filthy rich from others who enjoy this hobby of ours and take their disposable income for games.

Serious, sorry to ruffle feathers with ya. we are all gamers and have different views on our hobby. I am glad they have brought this to the PC and support it. I know how hard it is to find local players to play board games with, let alone "War" Board games. Call me old school, but I work 9 hours a day for the last 26 years and have no problem with supporting folks that make something that allows me to chill out and enjoy my down time along with a couple of cold ones. Cheers.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 15
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 12:54:47 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi tgb,

quote:

$10 OFF? You mean you are actually going to charge Awakening the Bear owners $29.99 for an expansion????

We decided to allow it to install as an expansion if you already have Awakening the Bear, but it is its own stand-alone game. This is the second full release in the board game series, a full game in its own right like ATB. Ghost Divisions was a DLC release that we created, which was not converted from a board game release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 16
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 12:56:46 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

I didn't expect it to sell for the same price as the base game. $10-$15 is reasonable. This is TWICE the price of Ghost Divisions. Outrageous.

Not when you consider that it contains tons of new units as well as new terrain and scenarios. This is the second board game in the series adapted to the computer. It took a good deal more work than Ghost Divisions so is priced appropriately. The discount for ATB customers is a nod to the series nature of these releases, but Storms of Steel is its own release and a new player can start with Storms of Steel without buying Awakening the Bear.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 17
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 12:58:07 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Igbe,

quote:

This is unfortunately a limitation of the store at present. To my knowledge it does not allow two gift/coupon codes on one order unfortunately. My apologies, we would like to allow this as well.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Igbe)
Post #: 18
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 12:59:13 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

That's true, though you can use one per order, so if you are ordering multiple games and you order them one at a time, each one can have a gift code applied.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 19
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 1:00:48 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

Ghost Divisions sells for $15, contains two campaigns made up of 10 new scenarios, so you are paying $1.50 each. Storms of Steel contains 15 new scenarios, plus the original game. So for $30 you get a bunch of stuff you already have, and 15 scenarios at $2 each. I still say it's a crummy deal for people who own the base game. Matrix is forcing you to repurchase what you already own.

No, Storms of Steel moves the series forward a couple of years to Kursk and adds all the new units and improvements from the Storms of Steel board game. Ghost Divisions added IIRC 1 new unit and 1 new feature (the campaigns) which is why it was a DLC and this is a full release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 20
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 1:19:57 AM   
Rosseau

Everything you've done with CoH has been of good value, imo. Ghost Divisions on sale for $10 worked for me. And we must remember that SoS has 50+ new units, etc. Really appreciate the discount to AtB owners. I would not have been able to pay $40 otherwise.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 21
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 1:37:36 AM   
Igbe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Igbe,

quote:

This is unfortunately a limitation of the store at present. To my knowledge it does not allow two gift/coupon codes on one order unfortunately. My apologies, we would like to allow this as well.

Regards,

- Erik

A limitation that needs to be resolved because in today's age it's stupid... There is no sugar coating it. Just like the lame store that will not allow me to pay s&h charges on a gift card that someone spent REAL money for. Look if you are not going to allow full function on the gift cards don't sale them.

Get me a fix for the issue or refund my gift card. I don't really care about your store not having modern functionality and or features, that's your issue, not mine!

Post #: 22
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 2:34:24 AM   
budd

can't get the discount if you use a giftcard.....that right....that is kinda lame and should be fixed, can't believe your going to accept that kind of limitation. Why is a gift card considered a coupon, shouldn't it be the same as a credit card payment. I see there is still the year limit or lose your money... that's kinda lame too..wasn't there talk about changing that? The shipping charges can't be paid with the gift card? is that how i read that, so you have to use another form of payment to cover shipping...really. I want you guys to have gift cards, but this doesn't sound very customer friendly to me...does it to you. Time to alter the Christmas list a little.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Igbe)
Post #: 23
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 3:58:44 AM   
Duck Doc

Ok, I'm confused. I have and love CoH but never got GD. What do I get with SOS? I get the new SOS scenarios and the original CoH? And GD? Or what?

Trust me, this is one of the finest gaming experiences I have had. It recreates the feel of board game play on the computer in a quality and fun way. It is a classic and well worth the price of admission even if you pay a little bit to get some of the old bundled in with the new. The amount of replay value is high because the scenarios are quite a challenge. It is a fav game engine of mine.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 24
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 5:47:26 AM   
z1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

can't get the discount if you use a giftcard.....that right....that is kinda lame and should be fixed, can't believe your going to accept that kind of limitation. Why is a gift card considered a coupon, shouldn't it be the same as a credit card payment. I see there is still the year limit or lose your money... that's kinda lame too..wasn't there talk about changing that? The shipping charges can't be paid with the gift card? is that how i read that, so you have to use another form of payment to cover shipping...really. I want you guys to have gift cards, but this doesn't sound very customer friendly to me...does it to you. Time to alter the Christmas list a little.

I couldn't agree more. I was going to ask for a gift card at Christmas but with those limitations I won't. Nor will I purchase one for anyone else.

I am quite surprised since otherwise Matrix is very good in terms of customer relations and service.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 25
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 6:32:25 AM   
rickier65

quote:

quote:

That's true, though you can use one per order, so if you are ordering multiple games and you order them one at a time, each one can have a gift code applied.

Regards,

- Erik

True, an excuse I can use to buy multiple games!

Actually, even with the limitations on the gift card, I'm still glad you are offering them. They make for a good gift that family members can give and know I'll spend it on something that really is just for me. (that almost sounds selfish when I put it like that).

Thanks
Rick

Post #: 26
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 3:04:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

We would like to address those limitations as well, but with regard to the store we work with a store partner (in this case, Plimus) which means that to make changes we need to work together with them. It took us years to be able to offer gift cards at all. This is the first time since we started offering them that I've seen a complaint about the discount code and gift card unable to be used together. We knew this was a limitation and an inconvenience, but the situations where it comes up seem to be quite rare. It was better to have gift cards that covered the majority of cases than to have no gift cards.

Shipping is a pass through cost to us and unfortunately without much more store work, which depends on our store partner, we can't get the gift cards to cover shipping. They'll cover 100% of a download order and will cover everything but shipping on a physical order.

It's important to note that there is a difference between what we want to be able to offer our customers and what we are able to offer, due to the limitations of working with a store partner.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 27
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 3:24:36 PM   
budd

Thx for the response, the limitations just seem like just so "yesterday" in the sense of the limitations. Thx again for addressing it hopefully things will change in the future.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Post #: 28
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 4:21:04 PM   
Igbe

quote:

It's important to note that there is a difference between what we want to be able to offer our customers and what we are able to offer, due to the limitations of working with a store partner.

Regards,

- Erik

Easy for you to say now that REAL money has been spent and I cannot use it in the way that I the customer need too.
Even more funny is that NONE of these limitations are posted on the page when you purchase said gift card.

Should I ask that the Gift cards charges be disputed since you can offer me no solution and none of these issues were posted when they were purchased?

Post #: 29
RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners - 11/21/2013 5:18:15 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Igbe,

It should be mentioned on the gift cards page that they don't cover shipping. If it's not I'll make sure that's corrected.

As far as your case goes, if you place the order with your gift card and e-mail me the order number at erikr@matrixgames.com I can retroactively discount it as if the additional $10 discount code had been applied. Effectively it would be a $10 refund after the order is placed. Unfortunately as far as shipping there's nothing I can do so if that's a deal breaker, you should contact our help desk to ask for a refund on the gift card and refer them to this post.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Igbe)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI