Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question on Ship Roles

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Question on Ship Roles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question on Ship Roles - 11/22/2013 5:28:11 AM   
Cubano

[Edit: I just saw the same question was asked not 10 topics down. I going to blame my old eyes and shuffle off now]

I'm fairly new to the game so bear with me. From what I can tell, when set on automatic, the AI will use ships based on their roles. However, is there a clear description on what exactly the AI's tendencies are for the different roles. The galactopedia describes the general use of each role but is that really how the AI deploys them?

And for a player not using the auto AI for ships, since size restriction is based on researched tech and not roles, are roles just a tagging mechanism for the player to reference when deploying them or do they actually affect game play? I know CVs get 50% more space and must have fighters and troop transports must have troop transport components. But since DE, DD, FF, CA, and BB, all can be built with identical size and components, in theory there is no distinction other than their designs, correct?

By the way, I'm really liking the game so far. As an ex Federation and Empire player, it really scratches an itch. For those that don't know it, think basically the scale of DW but on table top, set in the original Star Trek universe. Games used to take months and months to finish.

< Message edited by Cubano -- 11/22/2013 6:46:14 AM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Question on Ship Roles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI