Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This is the benchmark

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> This is the benchmark Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This is the benchmark - 11/22/2013 2:23:24 AM   
Titan

I have received my copy and books...im a newbie at this game and still working my through a learning process of how to play this....But the Whole package and presentation of this game is outstanding and out of all my Strategy games I have I class this as the Picasso of them all. Everything about this is just first class and when the books arrived they are so nice and would not look out of place on any bookshelf. Again this is a first class and very professional job done here and im very impressed with this setting the benchmark for all else

< Message edited by Titan -- 11/22/2013 3:24:14 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: This is the benchmark - 11/22/2013 11:22:59 AM   
Dorb

Agree, the bar has been raised and I doubt anyone else will attempt the long climb.

(in reply to Titan)
Post #: 2
RE: This is the benchmark - 11/22/2013 4:39:25 PM   
28ID

I agree. The hardcover manuals arrived yesterday and they are impressive! The combination of the manuals, the video tutorials and all of the information available here makes the learning process much easier. This is what I dreamed of back when I bought the original game.

(in reply to Titan)
Post #: 3
RE: This is the benchmark - 11/25/2013 8:18:35 AM   
doohanok

Hi Steve,

Firstly - I would like to thank you and Matrix Games for the immense work that you have carried out to get MWIF to this point. Awesome effort and awesome job. Keep up the good work.

Secondly - I would like to thank all the people who have assisted you in this task.

Thirdly - I agree, this is the benchmark.

I was a guest of this forum when you first started working on MWIF, then after wife, 3 kids, etc. Recently a friend told me that the game was due for release on Nov 7. I bought a copy soon afterwards and you have surpassed my expectations.

I played WIf from the 3rd version onwards till about 10 years ago, when I no longer had room and time to play. I believe that this is the best WW2 strategy game.

I have read that there are bugs (and there always is with any new program release), AI, 4+ Netplay and some Options to code and that you are frantically working through them. Thank you. Please don't give up on us.

Brett

(in reply to 28ID)
Post #: 4
RE: This is the benchmark - 11/25/2013 8:22:52 AM   
wolf14455

Books are not at the good quality as people says, its an underestimation. Its better quality than my encyclopedia books.
When read this books gonna be the gem in bookshelf.

SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59

(in reply to doohanok)
Post #: 5
RE: This is the benchmark - 11/25/2013 1:59:58 PM   
DSWargamer

Yep I agree on the benchmark.

Damned pity it took the last few years to get here, it could have saved me in the realm of 1000 bucks in other game related purchases I'd have had no time or incentive to have :)

I suspect, this title matches the ASL attitude of 'what? there are other wargames?'.

I have too many too complicated wargames, and not enough sufficiently interested non wargamer friends.

(in reply to wolf14455)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> This is the benchmark Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI