Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions....On the fence

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> Questions....On the fence Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions....On the fence - 11/22/2013 1:59:02 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Thinking about buying but....

1.How many turns in the game....don't mind a Long games....just don't want a short one with building time chrunched up. So 300,400,600 turns?

2.Does terrain benefit the defender?

3.Map editor?

4.Can you setup the game where the AI will Not set up next door....gives more time to expand?

Thanks

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Post #: 1
RE: Questions....On the fence - 11/22/2013 10:17:48 PM   
Titanwarrior89

All Righty then...

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions....On the fence - 11/22/2013 10:20:24 PM   
FroBodine

Yeah, this is an awfully quiet forum for a brand new release.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions....On the fence - 11/22/2013 10:37:52 PM   
Titanwarrior89

quote:

ORIGINAL: jglazier

Yeah, this is an awfully quiet forum for a brand new release.

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions....On the fence - 11/22/2013 10:38:53 PM   
TableTop66

I'm sitting on the fence too with regards to buying the game, it looks interesting.

Try your questions at slitherine's forums Titanwarrior89 it's looks to be a bit more active than here.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=173

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 5
RE: Questions....On the fence - 11/22/2013 10:52:57 PM   
CptHowdy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Old Gamer 66

I'm sitting on the fence too with regards to buying the game, it looks interesting.

Try your questions at slitherine's forums Titanwarrior89 it's looks to be a bit more active than here.

doesn't look to be. thread with the most replies is a steam thread. the manual thread here is threatening it but still a few posts short. really need to combine them. having the community split up doesn't help at all.

(in reply to TableTop66)
Post #: 6
RE: Questions....On the fence - 11/22/2013 11:31:51 PM   
eyegore

Thinking about buying but....

1.How many turns in the game....don't mind a Long games....just don't want a short one with building time chrunched up. So 300,400,600 turns?

You can set victory conditions...or set no victory conditions...and set pace up to marathon...which effects both research and production.
2.Does terrain benefit the defender?
Not Sure. however I have research tech that has given bonus's to the player within his borders.

3.Map editor?
Nope. There is no premade maps either--which probably means even the devs don't have one.

4.Can you setup the game where the AI will Not set up next door....gives more time to expand?
No more nor less than a typical Civ game. You can go huge maps with islands and likely end up on one alone but on a med size map with continents you may see someone right next door.There are no options for "set A.I. players at a distance" however being in XML I can see a mod doing exactly that.

Thanks

(in reply to CptHowdy)
Post #: 7
RE: Questions....On the fence - 11/23/2013 12:47:57 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Thank ya Mr. EyeGore
quote:

ORIGINAL: CptHowdy

quote:

doesn't look to be. thread with the most replies is a steam thread. the manual thread here is threatening it but still a few posts short. really need to combine them. having the community split up doesn't help at all.

< Message edited by Titanwarrior89 -- 11/23/2013 1:49:16 AM >

(in reply to CptHowdy)
Post #: 8
RE: Questions....On the fence - 11/23/2013 12:50:23 AM   
TableTop66

quote:

HI, CptHowdy I was only trying to help Titanwarrior89, not split up the community as you suggest.

Lots of gamers are registered with more than one Forum.

The developers of the game are answering questions in all forums, although asking the same question in different forums is not always a good idea, sooner or later someone is going to flame you.

I buy all my games from Matrix Games, combining games and expansions my list has reached 20 purchases in all.

If I suggested to someone to buy there game some where else because the forums were not very active that could then that could be suggested I was splitting the community,

But I will never do that.

Cheers

(in reply to eyegore)
Post #: 9
RE: Questions....On the fence - 11/23/2013 12:58:28 AM   
CptHowdy

quote:

quote:

HI, CptHowdy I was only trying to help Titanwarrior89, not split up the community as you suggest.

Lots of gamers are registered with more than one Forum.

The developers of the game are answering questions in all forums, although asking the same question in different forums is not always a good idea, sooner or later someone is going to flame you.

I buy all my games from Matrix Games, combining games and expansions my list has reached 20 purchases in all.

If I suggested to someone to buy there game some where else because the forums were not very active that could then that could be suggested I was splitting the community,

But I will never do that.

Cheers

nah never suggested you were splitting the community. I do think it's bad form on the part of slitherine/matrix since one owns the other. really no need for two forums. a lot of these games are developed by 1-2 guys, why have them running around answering questions? consolidate.

< Message edited by CptHowdy -- 11/23/2013 1:59:23 AM >

(in reply to TableTop66)
Post #: 10
RE: Questions....On the fence - 11/23/2013 1:56:15 AM   
TableTop66

quote:

ORIGINAL: CptHowdy
nah never suggested you were splitting the community. I do think it's bad form on the part of slitherine/matrix since one owns the other. really no need for two forums. a lot of these games are developed by 1-2 guys, why have them running around answering questions? consolidate.

Yes your right CptHowdy consolidate they should. Bringing all gamers to one forum or purchase site makes more sense than maintaining two sites for the same games.

Pooling questions, knowledge, resources to one site makes much more sense.

Cheers mate

Take Care

(in reply to CptHowdy)
Post #: 11
RE: Questions....On the fence - 11/23/2013 3:03:33 AM   
Ingtar

Does a city's radius expand? If so, how far?

(in reply to TableTop66)
Post #: 12
RE: Questions....On the fence - 11/23/2013 2:52:35 PM   
eyegore

Yes they do, as long as you have the food. You can even pick what tile the city expands to inside the city view. This is set up as "pick next tile" so you need to do this before your population grows to increase the city...unlike Civ5 where you actually purchase the tiles anytime you have the money. You can see when a city is about to expand the same as in Civ games, on the city icon that displays how many more turns before it happens.

< Message edited by eyegore -- 11/23/2013 4:35:37 PM >

(in reply to Ingtar)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> Questions....On the fence Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI