Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

All Quiet on the Pandora Front

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> All Quiet on the Pandora Front Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
All Quiet on the Pandora Front - 11/22/2013 9:23:05 PM   
FroBodine

I wonder if this game is not doing as well as Matrix/Slitherine had hoped?

Pandora has been out for a week, and the developers have posted a total of zero messages on the forum. [Edit - my mistake. They posted a few responses on release day in the pinned Q&A topic]

All communication pre-launch was that everyone was in this for the long haul. If that is true, and I hope it is, then where are the developers?

I would like to know what the "long haul" is. What is the first expansion, and when is it due out? Many comments say this is a solid game, but it needs more features to really make it great.

I want to get this game and support the team, but I would like to see that the developers at least have an interest in the community.

< Message edited by jglazier -- 11/22/2013 10:33:25 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: All Quiet on the Pandora Front - 11/22/2013 9:36:54 PM   
robc04_1

Being an ex-developer (not in games), my guess is that they are taking a bit of time off. Completing a project usually requires a big push at the end, people end up getting overworked. It would be nice if they posted a message such as, 'we all need a rest so don't expect to hear much from us for a couple weeks or so'. Who knows why they went quiet, but I wouldn't be surprised is that was why.

Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 2
RE: All Quiet on the Pandora Front - 11/22/2013 9:41:09 PM   
FroBodine

Oh, I know all too well about the "push at the end" of a project. I worked for Electronic Arts for 11 years. Far too many all nighters and weekenders. I wish I had worked for Stardock instead. They basically don't believe in the long hours that many software companies consider normal.

Anyway, back on topic. I sure hope you're right, robc04, and we will hear more from the developers about their immediate patch plans, and future plans for expansions.

< Message edited by jglazier -- 11/22/2013 10:43:21 PM >

(in reply to robc04_1)
Post #: 3
RE: All Quiet on the Pandora Front - 11/22/2013 11:34:57 PM   
eyegore

There indeed needs to be more buzz. This is a very good game. People are missing out....EVERYBODY...let's get the word out.!

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 4
RE: All Quiet on the Pandora Front - 11/23/2013 2:14:03 AM   
SephiRok

We're here: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=173

I'm sorry, but if we responded to every message on both forums we wouldn't get anywhere. And even so I've posted about 30 times just on this forum since release. I'm not sure what you expect, but I'm afraid you might have to adjust your expectations -- especially if you want to hear from the two guys designing the game.

< Message edited by SephiRok -- 11/23/2013 3:20:14 AM >

Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer on Pandora: First Contact
Proxy Studios

[Twitter]

(in reply to eyegore)
Post #: 5
RE: All Quiet on the Pandora Front - 11/23/2013 3:58:53 AM   
FroBodine

Great to hear that you are active! I apologize if I did not see all your postings.

If I may ask, what are your plans for patches/feature upgrades in the short term, and expansions in the near future?

Thank you!

(in reply to SephiRok)
Post #: 6
RE: All Quiet on the Pandora Front - 11/23/2013 1:28:16 PM   
SephiRok

We have ideas, but nothing exact we can promise yet.

There will be a smaller patch next week and a bigger one before Christmas.

Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer on Pandora: First Contact
Proxy Studios

[Twitter]

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 7
RE: All Quiet on the Pandora Front - 11/23/2013 3:42:01 PM   
eyegore

My suggestion for the next expansion...titled, "Ocean Depths"...yeah you know where this is going...sea fungus, sea cities...and lots of new sea monsters we discover as we build subs to go beneath the waves. To be different...instead of the Dombed Floating ones in SMAC why not just make then underwater on the ocean floor? That way tiles to be explored can by underwater tiles and not just water surface tiles with no features.

Of course naked mermaids would be eyecandy bonus....just a suggestion.

(in reply to SephiRok)
Post #: 8
RE: All Quiet on the Pandora Front - 11/24/2013 12:51:52 AM   
CptHowdy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SephiRok

We're here: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=173

I'm sorry, but if we responded to every message on both forums we wouldn't get anywhere. And even so I've posted about 30 times just on this forum since release. I'm not sure what you expect, but I'm afraid you might have to adjust your expectations -- especially if you want to hear from the two guys designing the game.

as I stated in another thread it is just asinine to have two different forums for this game and you have just proven my point. consolidate. no need for 1-2 guys to jump back and forth when the same company owns both forums.

(in reply to SephiRok)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> All Quiet on the Pandora Front Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI