Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ten commandments

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ten commandments Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ten commandments - 3/3/2001 7:20:00 AM   
Alby

written by a friend: 1. BUY THOU PLENTY OF ANTI-AIR DEFENSE 2. THOU MUST NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF ARTILLERY, 3. NEVER BUNCH THY UNITS UP. 4. NEVER LEAD WITH THY TANKS! 5. REMEMBER THEE,THE 1ST COMMANDMENT, THAT P51s ,Sturms,and Ju88s ARE FEARFUL. 6. REMEMBER THEE THAT COVER IS CONCEALMENT, BUT CONCEALMENT IS NOT COVER! TAKEST THOU COVER IN ROUGH TERRAIN, URBAN HEXES, AND BEHIND HILLCRESTS. 7. SHOOTEST THOU FROM HIGHER GROUND THAN THY FOE, AND FROM DEAD STOPPED, IF THY CAN. 8. NEVER STAYEST IN POSITION WHEN SPOTTED, BUGGEST YE OUT! 9. THOU CAN NOT HAVE ENOUGH RECON, OR AMMO. 10.DIGGEST THOU IN WHENEVER POSSIBLE. AND LASTLY THE ELEVENTH, HAVE FUN! [This message has been edited by Alby (edited March 05, 2001).]

Post #: 1
- 3/3/2001 7:59:00 AM   
Figmo

LOL!! Those are great!! Sounds as though thou hast had trouble with Areoplanes and Artillllery!! Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 2
- 3/3/2001 8:52:00 AM   
Viriato

hello all that is absolutely the truest truth . but you forgot one ... 11 - remember thee never to send thy armour against 88's... ------------------ A sorte protege os audazes

A sorte protege os audazes

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 3
- 3/3/2001 10:43:00 AM   
RUsco

Don't forget #12. Be thoust very fearfull whenst the battle sayeth Wild Bill Wilder any where inst the text

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 4
- 3/3/2001 11:00:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by RUsco: Don't forget #12. Be thoust very fearfull whenst the battle sayeth Wild Bill Wilder any where inst the text
Ahhh yes how could we forget Wild Bill!! LOL!!

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 5
- 3/4/2001 1:14:00 PM   
degen

#13 When you find one mine, there will be more. ------------------ "I would have much rather that he had given me one more division" - Rommel after receiving his field marshall baton

"I would have much rather that he had given me one more division" - Rommel after receiving his field marshall baton

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 6
- 3/4/2001 2:20:00 PM   
Greg McCarty

quote:

Originally posted by Alby: 1. BUY THOU PLENTY OF ANTI-AIR DEFENSE 2. THOU MUST NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF ARTILLERY, 3. NEVER BUNCH THY UNITS UP. 4. NEVER LEAD WITH THY TANKS! 5. REMEMBER THEE,THE 1ST COMMANDMENT, THAT P51s ,Sturms,and Ju88s ARE FEARFUL. 6. REMEMBER THEE THAT COVER IS CONCEALMENT, BUT CONCEALMENT IS NOT COVER! TAKEST THOU COVER IN ROUGH TERRAIN, URBAN HEXES, AND BEHIND HILLCRESTS. 7. SHOOTEST THOU FROM HIGHER GROUND THAN THY FOE, AND FROM DEAD STOPPED, IF THY CAN. 8. NEVER STAYEST IN POSITION WHEN SPOTTED, BUGGEST YE OUT! 9. THOU CAN NOT HAVE ENOUGH RECON, OR AMMO. 10.DIGGEST THOU IN WHENEVER POSSIBLE. AND LASTLY THE ELEVENTH, HAVE FUN!
------------------------------------------ This is very well done. If I were to add a commandment of my own it would be something like: Rushest thou not! Lest ye foolishly shred thine ass on a meathook! ------------------ Greg. 37 mill AA... can suddenly ruin your day.

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 7
- 3/4/2001 7:20:00 PM   
Figmo

ROTFL - These are great!! And when Wild Bill's says "No Armor is expected" - you can bet the house on it - there WILL be Armor!! He takes the saying "Military Intelligence is an Oxy Moron" to a new level!! Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 8
- 3/4/2001 7:30:00 PM   
mogami

Hi the ten commandments is expanding to the book of proverbs. "If thou has no strike element then thou should render up points for AA" "Where thou meets any type of unit be then weary of it's brother for few are those who come alone" "remember arty for it reaches far and delivers the thunder and lightning" "If thou's advance is proceeding in a most wonderfull fashion thou should grow cautious and take a good look around" "It is not what you see that lands on thy head" ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction!

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 9
- 3/5/2001 10:53:00 AM   
JediMessiah

these are great! ------------------ "Karate means never having to say you're sorry" -E. Andrew Kovich

"Karate means never having to say you're sorry"
-E. Andrew Kovich

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 10
- 3/6/2001 7:27:00 AM   
McGib

"Friendly fire isnt" "There's no such thing as one mine" "Incoming fire has the right of way" ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 11
- 3/6/2001 7:37:00 AM   
ZinZan

Murphy's Law of Combat (filched and stolen from everywhere) Sorry this is so long but thought you would all enjoy. Friendly fire, isn’t. Recoilless Rifles, aren’t. Suppressive fire, doesn’t. You are not superman, (Marines take note). A sucking chest wound is nature’s way of telling you to slow down. If it’s stupid, but it works; it isn’t stupid. Try to look unimportant, the enemy may be low on ammo. If at first you don’t succeed, call in Ortillery. If you are forward of your position, your artillery will fall short. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself. Never go to bed with anyone crazier than yourself. Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder. If your attack is going really well, it’s an ambush. The enemy diversion you are ignoring, is his main attack. No plan ever survives contact with the enemy. There is no such thing as a perfect plan. There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole. A retreating enemy is just falling back and regrouping. The important things are always simple, the simple one’s always hard. The easy way is always mined. Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. Don’t look conspicuous, it draws fire. Never draw fire it irritates your neighbors. If you are short of everything except the enemy, you are in the combat zone. When you have secured the area, make sure the enemy knows this too. Incoming fire has right of way. No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection ready unit has ever passed combat. If the enemy is in range so are you. The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire. Things which must be shipped as a set, aren’t. Things that work together, can’t be carried that way. Comms fail as soon as you need fire support. Sensors only fail at night or in bad visibility. Anything you do can get you killed including doing nothing. Make it too tough for the enemy to get in, and you won’t be able to get out. Tracer works both ways. If you take more than your fair number of objectives, you will get more than your fair number of objectives. The enemy inevitably attacks on 2 occasions: when he is ready, when you aren't. 5 second fuses burn for 3 seconds. When both sides are convinced they are about to lose, they're both right. Professional soldiers are predictable, the universe is full of dangerous amateurs. Military intelligence is a contradiction. Fortify your front and your rear will get shot up. Weather isn't neutral. If you can't remember the claymore is pointed towards you. Air defence motto; shoot em down, sort them out on the ground. The cavalry doesn't always come to the rescue. Napalm is an area support weapon. Mines are equal opportunity weapons. Sniper's motto; reach out and touch someone. Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity. The one item you really need is always in short supply. Interchangeable parts, aren't. It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to worry about. ------------------ peter@myhelliconia.freeserve.co.uk http://www.myhelliconia.freeserve.co.uk

ZinZan <br/> Peace is an extension of war by political means. Plenty of elbow room is pleasanter - and much safer. <br/> Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love by Robert Heinlein.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 12
- 3/6/2001 9:10:00 AM   
Rhodan

Jeez Alby you've beenw acking me with those commandments back on SP3..always wanted to add this one ( as pointed out by others above): Sometimes thou findest the mine, however, sometimes the mine findest thou. Gotta love those cheap equalizers

[img]http://www.geocities.com/katzzuck/VCFIREFLY.txt[/img]

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 13
- 3/6/2001 10:27:00 AM   
troopie

High quality special forces will be indistinguishable from bandits to the untrained eye. The enemy always has more men and better equipment rhan even your best intelligence can tell you. troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 14
- 3/6/2001 4:45:00 PM   
Recon_slith

But above all........ Remember to ruthlessly discard any and all such commandments if the pursuit of victory demands it. ------------------ Reality sucks, but it's all we have. Recon

Let me make the superstitions of a nation and I care not who makes its laws or its songs either.
-- Mark Twain

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ten commandments Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI