Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Unofficial EDBTR Editor Re-release

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> RE: Unofficial EDBTR Editor Re-release Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Editor Re-release - 10/9/2013 11:31:04 AM   
JeffroK

Very Interesting.

The altitude graph is based on data in about column 50, headings high1 to high14, my guess is they are 3000ft bands.

SWAG to allocate a manouvre rating by band.

Some interesting loadouts, odd things which need explaining, The Typhoon is armed with 8 x 60lb rockets, but there are 2 types. The weapon loaded is basically a bomb, the other unused weapon coded as a Rocket Projectile has a range which might allow a more survivable attack?

Might have a busy weekend!

< Message edited by JeffK -- 10/9/2013 11:48:43 AM >

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 31
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Editor Re-release - 10/9/2013 1:33:54 PM   
K 19

Sounds like you finally got it loaded and working. Good job!

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 32
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Editor Re-release - 10/9/2013 8:28:14 PM   
cohimbra

Thank you K 19
It seems that this forum is still alive...

(in reply to K 19)
Post #: 33
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/9/2013 9:36:17 PM   
npsergio

quote:

ORIGINAL: K 19

Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release

I have finally decided to re-upload the unofficial EDBTR database editor that was briefly released to a select few a couple of years ago. I am not the original creator of this editor (he wishes to remain anonymous), but I was a beta tester for it.

This editor makes possible to adjust the following things in the EDBTR database:

Aircraft: Name, type, bitmap, speed, altitude, climb rate, manueverability, durability, armour rating, endurance, maximum load, maintanence time, factory production requirements, factory production dates, Allied aircraft replacement rates, and weapon types.

Aircraft groups: Group name, aircraft used, number of aircraft, base location, headquarters, group commander, and group starting stats.

Locations: Type (factory, airbase, radar site, etc), headquarters, and location coordinates.

Pilots: Name, rank, experience, group, leadership, and delay factor.

Group leader pilots: Name, rank, experience, group, leadership, and delay factor.

Weapons: Name, type, capacity, range, effect, penetration, accuracy, and production.

Scenario editor: Start date, starting industry points, starting terror points, points needed to win, and aircraft in pool.

Sound effects: Sound played per sound effect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This database editor cannot modify any of the hard-coded core files. Therefore, some of the game's problems cannot be resolved with this editor alone. But it's better than nothing.

Please see the included readme file for installation and usage instructions.

Much thanks to the original creator of this great editor. Maybe now we can breath some life back into this abandoned and dying game by fixing certain problems. Mod away, and please share!

Download the unofficial EDBTR Database Editor v1.14 here: http://www.filedropper.com/edbtreditorv114

(thanks Creeper for providing the latest version!)

Can you please share the readme installation instructions? the zip file doesn´t include it...

(in reply to K 19)
Post #: 34
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/10/2013 12:35:29 AM   
K 19

Hi. Sorry about that. Here are the instructions again-

Installing and usage:

You must have Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic installed.

1. Back up ALL of your original .dat files located in your C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to the Bombing of the Reich\DAT folder (or wherever you have the DAT folder installed).

2. Upon unzipping, place the EDBTR Editor v1.14.xls file into your C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to the Bombing of the Reich\DAT folder (or wherever you have the DAT folder installed).

3. Open the file. You will see a row of tabs at the bottom. Make sure click the one that says 'aircraft'. Now at the top, you will see some tabs, such as load BoB 40. Click on one that you wish to mod. This will load it into the editor.

4. Go to the top of the page and look for the Excel 'Window' tab. Click on it, then click on 'Unfreeze Panes' tab. This will allow you to scroll through the editor now. You may need to do this for each editor tab you click.

5. To save your changes after modding is complete, you must be on the 'aircraft' page. Now click 'save BoB 40', or whichever .dat file you had loaded.

6. Now load you game and see if your mod works. Changes may not work properly on saved games. You will probably need to start a new game first.

(in reply to npsergio)
Post #: 35
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/10/2013 12:40:47 AM   
K 19

And by the way, if anyone is still getting editor error messages, please try the following:

1. Open the command prompt. (Start Menu, Run, then type: cmd)

2. Type: cd\documents and settings

3. Press the Enter key

4. Now type: del /S /A:H /A:-H *.EXD

5. Press the Enter key

Hopefully you will get no more error messages. Good luck!

< Message edited by K 19 -- 10/10/2013 12:43:05 AM >

(in reply to K 19)
Post #: 36
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/10/2013 3:54:01 AM   
warshipbuilder

I tried running the editor in OpenOffice and it did not function. I "obtained" a copy of MS Office 2007 and 1.10 was a no go, but 1.14 works. But the freeze/unfreeze option is greyed out on the Aircraft, Leader, Save Game and Mission tabs. Does anybody else have the same problem?

warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/

(in reply to K 19)
Post #: 37
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/10/2013 3:59:23 AM   
K 19

Do you have Visual Basic installed? It's an option when you first install Office.

I have no idea why the 'Freeze/Unfreeze option is grayed out. Strange. Are you saying you cannot scroll those pages? They're locked?

(in reply to warshipbuilder)
Post #: 38
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/10/2013 8:31:38 PM   
warshipbuilder

Ok I got it figured out. The freeze panes is still greyed out, but if I use the split option I can get it to scroll etc. etc. I can load the assorted dat files so it is now working as intended. Just to bad I have no idea what to do with it. Is there an EDBTR Editor for Dummies book available?

Ahhh I guess I'm better off letting you knowledgeable software types make the changes and I will just d/l the fruits of your labour

< Message edited by warshipbuilder -- 10/10/2013 8:37:19 PM >

warshipbuilder

(in reply to K 19)
Post #: 39
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/12/2013 2:13:20 AM   
K 19

I have re-uploaded editor v1.10c. It works better with older versions of Microsoft Excel. If you are getting error messages with v1.15, please try this version.

Unofficial EDBTR Editor v1.10c: http://www.filedropper.com/unofficialedbtreditorv110c

< Message edited by K 19 -- 10/24/2013 3:15:11 AM >

(in reply to K 19)
Post #: 40
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/23/2013 11:33:24 PM   
ian66

Hello, thanks again for this it looks great thought I haven't spend much time on it yet, looks like I should be able to modify the main thing that always bugged me, JG3XX's never upgrading! Excuse me if I missing something obvious but on the aircraft sheet I can't see anywhere to change the engine assigned to it? I would like to change/add some aircraft but I can't without giving them an engine, is this possible?

(in reply to K 19)
Post #: 41
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/24/2013 2:53:44 AM   
K 19

quote:

ORIGINAL: ian66

Hello, thanks again for this it looks great thought I haven't spend much time on it yet, looks like I should be able to modify the main thing that always bugged me, JG3XX's never upgrading! Excuse me if I missing something obvious but on the aircraft sheet I can't see anywhere to change the engine assigned to it? I would like to change/add some aircraft but I can't without giving them an engine, is this possible?

Hello. Aircraft frames, engines, etc are located under the 'Devices' tab. Just simply assign the correct part to the correct aircraft ID number. And don't forget to select the 'Unfreeze Tabs' option at top so you can scroll the screen around.

And you cannot add new aircraft slots under the 'Aircraft' tab. You should only replace (overwrite) existing ones with new ones. Adding new aircraft slots causes game crashes. According to Creeper, only aircraft slots 1-200 are dedicated to Axis aircraft in Campaigns '43 and '44. But replacing (overwriting) the unused Allied Pacific theatre aircraft with new Allied European theatre aircraft should work.

< Message edited by K 19 -- 10/24/2013 3:08:37 AM >

(in reply to ian66)
Post #: 42
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/24/2013 10:58:10 PM   
ian66

Hi, thanks again, I found it in devices, not sure about the "unfreeze tabs" bit? I found the "unfreeze panes", is this the same thing or another option? Sorry I'm not used to excel but I really want to play with this editor. Also can the "swap drop tanks for bombs" and "add rockets", "add extra cannons" be modified? I think it would be useful to use this on RAF aircraft as well as German and American.

(in reply to K 19)
Post #: 43
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/24/2013 11:43:12 PM   
Creeper

The editor is programmed for a high screen resolution.
I'm using 1920x1080 screen mode; all data are visible for me.
If you have problems to see some data, try to set the zoom to 90% or lower.

Regarding 'add extra cannon' etc... yes, it's possible to modify this.
Look at the aircraft editor 'tab'.
There are two columns; 'normal version' and 'extra version'.
The extra version column is where you can change the aircraft, which
you want to be the 'extra cannon version'.

Aargh, I'm so bad in explanations... :-(

In short words... copy the whole aircraft data (normal version) row to a new and empty slot.
There you can add the cannons and droptanks you want to use.
Then add this slot id to the column 'extra version' of the 'normal version' aircraft column.
The 'normal version' column of the modified aircraft should point to the aircraft, you've copied.

On more thing... if you can't copy a whole row, press ALT+F11, now the macro editor window should appear.
There you can press the 'pause key'. Now you are able to copy and paste whole rows and columns.
But you must 'unpause' the macros, to save all changes you've made in the editor.

(in reply to ian66)
Post #: 44
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/25/2013 12:43:54 AM   
Misconduct

I am curious, I tried to add the P-51B to the Allies and set for 7/43 - its not adding in game, the idea I wanted was to copy the game twice, once for allies and one axis and give the opposite planesets an earlier entrance.
I mostly play the AI so I was hoping to have the AI getting a few different planesets early would make it a little more interesting.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

(in reply to Creeper)
Post #: 45
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/25/2013 2:34:42 AM   
TaggedYa

Your first problem is that the P51b is a starting aircraft. That is, no unit is ever set to upgrade to it. Thus the AI will never use it. It is introduced into the game by bringing in new units that use it. Also, you will need to change the replacement schedule to add some in earlier than normal.

There is not anything that you could call an AI in the game. The effect of one is simulated by complex interactions in the unit tables, the plane tables, and the pilot tables. If you go changing things you need to go slow and learn how it all works together. Else you break things big time. I am waiting for the first p40 to show up in a game carrying 12,000 lb bombs and flying at night because someone stuck it in a Lancaster special load slot.

TaggedYa

The Vociferously Verbose

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 46
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/25/2013 10:10:51 AM   
Turner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Creeper

Regarding 'add extra cannon' etc... yes, it's possible to modify this.
Look at the aircraft editor 'tab'.
There are two columns; 'normal version' and 'extra version'.
The extra version column is where you can change the aircraft, which
you want to be the 'extra cannon version'.

Aargh, I'm so bad in explanations... :-(

In short words... copy the whole aircraft data (normal version) row to a new and empty slot.
There you can add the cannons and droptanks you want to use.
Then add this slot id to the column 'extra version' of the 'normal version' aircraft column.
The 'normal version' column of the modified aircraft should point to the aircraft, you've copied.

On more thing... if you can't copy a whole row, press ALT+F11, now the macro editor window should appear.
There you can press the 'pause key'. Now you are able to copy and paste whole rows and columns.
But you must 'unpause' the macros, to save all changes you've made in the editor.

Tried this some time ago but was not succesful in implementing it. Will test it again until I get it to work. I believe there is some issue with the requirement of there being more guns on the extra cannon version and not just different, heavier guns. The problem I had was the FW190A, the standard version having 4x20 mm cannons and the /R2 version having 2 x MG151/20 and in the outboard station MK108s, so the number of weapons was the same which seems to be what caused the problem.

Need to do some more testing.

The above issue (I did not verify it yet, it could have been because of date/availability) would explain the use of the /R1 on the Anton, instead of the historically more commonly used /R2 option.

< Message edited by Turner -- 10/26/2013 5:37:01 AM >

"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people." - Heinz Guderian

Trippin' with Jagdgeschwader 11

(in reply to Creeper)
Post #: 47
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/25/2013 8:05:02 PM   
Misconduct

quote:

ORIGINAL: TaggedYa

Your first problem is that the P51b is a starting aircraft. That is, no unit is ever set to upgrade to it. Thus the AI will never use it. It is introduced into the game by bringing in new units that use it. Also, you will need to change the replacement schedule to add some in earlier than normal.

There is not anything that you could call an AI in the game. The effect of one is simulated by complex interactions in the unit tables, the plane tables, and the pilot tables. If you go changing things you need to go slow and learn how it all works together. Else you break things big time. I am waiting for the first p40 to show up in a game carrying 12,000 lb bombs and flying at night because someone stuck it in a Lancaster special load slot.

I completely understand, i've had this game for YEARS and wanted to tinker with the database. What I don't understand is so many american units switched from P38s to P47s or P47s to P38s or P51s. Historically speaking, my idea was to give a more dynamite approach for the allies and luftwaffe in terms of upgrades.

And I know all about the Lancaster special load slot, I made a mistake and had Beaufighters with 4,000lb eggs in WITPAE, a small taboo that costed me a 6 month PBEM when we realized I broken the database.

/what happen was rubaul got hit at night, half his fleet got sunk by mega bombs.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

(in reply to TaggedYa)
Post #: 48
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 10/26/2013 9:48:47 PM   
JeffroK

+1 for the AFB, can I get that mod!!

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 49
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 11/16/2013 10:18:05 AM   
jakla1027

Can someone do a walk through of how to use the editor once we get it up & running?

Or could some help/show me via teamviewer sometime?

Thx

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 50
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 11/25/2013 7:32:57 AM   
jakla1027

Can someone help with this error?

"Compile error:

The code in this project must be updated for use on 64-bit
systems. Please review and update Declare statements and then
mark them with the PtrSafe attribute."

I have tried the cmd. command fix mentioned above to no avail.

Running Excel 2010, & Visual Basic is installed.

Also I can't get any of the other versions (1.10 or 1.14) download links from filedropper.com to work. it just send me to a page with a faucet & wants me to join, no download option available

(in reply to jakla1027)
Post #: 51
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 11/25/2013 7:51:20 AM   
Denniss

Do you use a 64Bit Office version?

(in reply to jakla1027)
Post #: 52
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release - 11/25/2013 8:26:34 AM   
jakla1027

yep, so do I need to get a 32bit Office version? If so how do I do that on a 64bit system?

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 53
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Editor Re-release - 10/21/2014 9:44:17 PM   
Texeiro

another goodie I lost. Can someone reupload please?????

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 54
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Editor Re-release - 10/21/2014 10:54:23 PM   
warshipbuilder

Version 1.15

http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/64120533/file.html

warshipbuilder

(in reply to Texeiro)
Post #: 55
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Editor Re-release - 10/22/2014 8:02:14 AM   
cohimbra

quote:

ORIGINAL: warshipbuilder

Version 1.15

http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/64120533/file.html

v1.15, you're my hero

Post #: 56
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Editor Re-release - 11/3/2014 11:33:49 AM   
Texeiro

Mine too!! thanks WSB!!!!

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 57
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Editor Re-release - 12/27/2014 9:31:17 AM   
Augenstein

Thank you WSB! Much, much appreciated!

(in reply to Texeiro)
Post #: 58
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Editor Re-release - 11/28/2015 7:02:50 PM   
Mac Linehan

Hi, warshipbuilder-

Used your link to the editor download at zippyshare; while still listed and download prompt appears, an error message appears "EDBTR Editor could not be downloaded". I tried both "save as" and "save target as".

Also, as I have not yet played, does Alter Ego's unofficial patch supplant this editor?

Am most grateful for your assistance.

Luftwaffe wannabe Mac

LAV-25 2147

Post #: 59
RE: Unofficial EDBTR Editor Re-release - 11/28/2015 7:34:32 PM   
warshipbuilder

Sent you an email.

warshipbuilder

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> RE: Unofficial EDBTR Editor Re-release Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI