Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Smoke Ammo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Smoke Ammo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Smoke Ammo - 1/23/2003 6:36:21 PM   
RobertS

Hi all,

does anyone know how the availability and number of smoke rounds is determined? Is it by unit type? And I also just saw a scenario with American tanks that had 2 smoke dischargers even though the OOB editor only has a yes or no. I realize the diffrence between the two smoke types, but I can't figure how this could go by unit type. It seems like there's a lot of variation. Limited ammo certainly doesn't include smoke dischargers. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks
Post #: 1
- 1/24/2003 2:09:23 AM   
Voriax

Hello

My perhaps-not-so-educated-guess is that in case of two smoke dischargers you've encountered a strange bug. Possibly the scenario is old or something.

As for smoke ammo, my feeling is that it is determined my weapon calibre, so that every 20mm gun won't have it. And that it's a random percentage. I'd guess there are min/max numbers, probably 0 to 4 or 5 and it's randomized from there.

Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to RobertS)
Post #: 2
- 1/24/2003 4:28:03 AM   
RobertS

Hi Voriax -

Looks like you could be right about weapon caliber determining smoke round availability for tanks. I decided to start checking the possibility out and could not find small gunned tanks with smoke rounds. Once I got to 75mm+ gunned tanks, then they had rounds. There also seems to be conditions. It looks like it has to be a standard tank class to have smoke. Panther G and M26 Pershing normally have smoke. But the Uhu(classed as an INF tank) and command tank variants respectively don't! I'll probably look deeper into this.

The scenario I looked at was "Matrix Moves Out", that's an old one I think. Somewhere in the scen file, I guess you could change this if you knew where to look. Perhaps the standard allotment of smoke dischargers was two at one time?
Thanks for the help.

(in reply to RobertS)
Post #: 3
- 1/24/2003 4:41:14 AM   
Voriax

Yep..I checked the scenario and indeed there are 5 or so tanks with dual smoke dischargers..and some of them are Brit Churchills that shouldn't have them in the first place.

So, in this case I think someone has been having fun with an editor :)

Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to RobertS)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Smoke Ammo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI