Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 2:37:14 AM   
CapnDarwin

Other than its a Canadian counter, what is different about the counter? Will modders love this new feature?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Attachment (1)

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Post #: 1
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 3:20:14 AM   
DoubleDeuce

Well, the image is small and I don't have my glasses on but maybe the counter background image?

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 2
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 3:21:33 AM   
Mad Russian

With that change we better point it out or people will miss it. Much ado about very little?

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 3
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 3:43:33 AM   
Arnir

The Maple Leaf, I assume (the background image). Hard to see on that scale. I was hoping that maybe Canadians wouldn't be green. Just something, more Canadian. White and red? Maple syrup colored?

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 4
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 5:18:13 AM   
Mad Russian

RED AND WHITE???????????

You mean like Russian colors?????

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Arnir)
Post #: 5
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 5:23:12 AM   
Arnir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

RED AND WHITE???????????

You mean like Russian colors?????

Good Hunting.

MR

Red on white background. Maroon. I'm just an old school guy who loved colorful counters in games. Counter sheets were always more important to me than the maps. I'm sure most people will prefer the green.

Post #: 6
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 9:33:36 AM   
Hexagon

Well, we are going to have national symbols in counters... some stars, dots etc etc, a good add but maybe as i usual see on this things is better give the option to have them or not, sometimes i prefer plain counters over elaborated.

maybe for my taste allways counter colours are a problem because for example for me germans are "grey" or "light grey" (well East Germany is "dark grey") and british "dark brown" for example (i see orange more for other WP nations maybe Poland or Cz...), i see as a good add to game the optionsto select the counter colours in same way you can select colours in highlights over maps.

Apart this ... OLALA DLC is coming??? maybe we can see it when the fat red old pervert try enter in our homes

< Message edited by Hexagon -- 11/28/2013 10:34:13 AM >

(in reply to Arnir)
Post #: 7
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 9:55:50 AM   
Tazak

The ability to give formation and movement orders to HQ units, as seen with the arrowhead formation of the tank units???

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 8
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 10:17:29 AM   
Hexagon

I think they refer only to the counter art improvement (maybe a texture you add over counter??? i refer you have counter and over counter image) but a way to give orders to formations using HQ... is a good point to, maybe introducion in a far future formations, you not only give the order you can select the formation and this reduce micromanegement and give to HQ more value, lose one and you work a lot more with mouse

(in reply to Tazak)
Post #: 9
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 11:52:33 AM   
wodin

The White counter with Red is the Polish colours..so green will be fine..I can't see the counter background that well.. sure modders will be delighted..here is what i did with the Squad Battles counters.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 10
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 1:38:15 PM   
NickGen

Very good New.....

Nick

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 11
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 2:31:04 PM   
Barthheart

Love the new look Capt. Very WaW looking....

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to NickGen)
Post #: 12
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 3:17:39 PM   
DoubleDeuce

I always saw the Soviets as more Reddish Orange . . . .

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 13
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 3:29:19 PM   
jack54

Does this mean I will need to change my avatar?

< Message edited by jack54 -- 11/28/2013 4:31:03 PM >

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 14
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/28/2013 11:16:19 PM   
Elfastball7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Other than its a Canadian counter, what is different about the counter? Will modders love this new feature?

Nice to play as Canadians! I don't really notice anything except the Maple Leaf. Out of curiosity, would you be using First Clash by Kenneth Macksey as a basis/source for Canadian scenarios and or campaigns?

Thanks

< Message edited by Elfastball7 -- 11/29/2013 1:16:03 AM >

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 15
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/29/2013 4:37:21 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elfastball7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Nice to play as Canadians! I don't really notice anything except the Maple Leaf. Out of curiosity, would you be using First Clash by Kenneth Macksey as a basis/source for Canadian scenarios and or campaigns?

Thanks

Does a map of Kuppenheim qualify?

Keep in mind that most of the battles he describes are company vs battalion level fights. That would be 4 units of Canadians vs 4 units of Soviets.

If we were to do anything with First Contact it would more than likely be the entire books worth of actions in a single scenario.

Good Hunting.

MR

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 11/29/2013 5:39:39 PM >

(in reply to Elfastball7)
Post #: 16
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/29/2013 5:41:40 PM   
Elfastball7

Sorry about that. I did not notice the map of Kuppenheim lol.

Thanks

Post #: 17
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 11/29/2013 7:16:39 PM   
Mad Russian

That's because I'm in the process of making that map as we speak!

It's easy to see just how small his actions in the book are when you put Kuppenheim on our scale of map!

Good Hunting.

MR

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 11/29/2013 8:18:52 PM >

(in reply to Elfastball7)
Post #: 18
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 1/1/2016 8:25:56 AM   
zwobot

Hi, I'm very curios what the status of the Rastatt map and Canadian OOB is. I had the impression that both would have been included in a patch or addon by now.

Post #: 19
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 1/1/2016 1:44:46 PM   
Mad Russian

We don't add new nationalities to patches.

Those come in full game expansions.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to zwobot)
Post #: 20
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 1/1/2016 1:44:48 PM   
CapnDarwin

zwobot, The counter image was showing off the ability to modify counter backgrounds with images. The map was started and most likely still sitting on the "shelf" as we had many other things go on after MR started that. The plan is to have the Canadians along with the French, East Germans, and Czechs in Southern Storm to go along with the first four nations as we start to expand the countries.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder

(in reply to zwobot)
Post #: 21
RE: Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? - 1/1/2016 7:56:13 PM   
WildCatNL

The Rastatt maps is on my shelf now, lined up for Southern Storm. It's an interesting map, because of its terrain, the relation to Macksey's book and the presence of so many NATO facilities in the 1980's.
Kenneth Macksey's book, a training aid and story originally written for the Canadian Forces (some based in the SW corner of the map, at CFB Soellingen) drew a lot of inspiration from the terrain near Rastatt. Many of the towns and terrain features (such as Schloss Favorite) appear by name in the book, although not at their exact location. Blickheim, the town central to the battle and book's story however is fictitious.
Aside from the Canadian air force and mechanized infantry bataillon at CFB Soellingen, the area hosts Forces Francaises en Allemagne in Baden-Baden and Rastatt, an NATO ammo depot (#57), a NATO fuel depot (#44), a FFA training area and french light army helicopters at Baden-Oos airport.

William

p.s. If anybody has access to Kenneth Macksey's sequel to First Clash ("Counterstroke"), I'm really interested.

William

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Can you spot the subtle new feature on the horizon? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI