Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unable to access Seeking Opponent database.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 11/30/2013 2:28:23 PM   
choowee

How to resolve? thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 11/30/2013 3:44:08 PM   
AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: choowee

How to resolve? thanks!

Are you updated with 1.04.1?

(in reply to choowee)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 11/30/2013 4:09:16 PM   
choowee

Yes, I'm updated.

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 11/30/2013 4:38:59 PM   
paulderynck

Have you registered the game? (Link in bottom right corner of initial splash screen.)

Paul

(in reply to choowee)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 11/30/2013 5:09:31 PM   
choowee

Registered too. Maybe because I am in South America? IP issue?

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 11/30/2013 5:28:07 PM   
gcichoracki

Same problem here........

(in reply to choowee)
Post #: 6
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 11/30/2013 8:58:08 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

The User Name for entering the NetPlay Forum should match the name for your Slitherine account. You may have had one for another Matrix/Slitherine game, or you may have created one when you registered World in Flames.

If you edit the file NetPlayReg.txt in the World in Flames folder so the first two lines match your Slitherine user name and password, you should be able to enter the NetPlay Forum.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to gcichoracki)
Post #: 7
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 11/30/2013 11:02:58 PM   
choowee

Worked, awesome! Thanks Steve!!

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 8
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 3/12/2017 5:40:41 PM   
Joseignacio

Hello. I am having the same problem.I am using what I believe is the right User/password (the last I have saved in my mail related to Slitherine) and it does let me get into the Lobby, but it tells me that it's "Unable to access Seeking Opponent database". After that I can go on.

However, it lets me create a game, although my opponent couldn't see me at the forum (I could see him), afterwards the game started sudddenly not to show his moves in the deployment phase, although he had been able to see mine, and when we tried to load saved games most of the times we couldn't.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Note: Years ago, when the gaame was first released I had many problems with logging to the N Fórum and the password/user could have not been the same, although this should not have any importance because there was a process to have a common user for Matrix and Slitherine and the new user was recorded but maybe the old one is still lurking somewhere...

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 3/12/2017 5:44:45 PM >

(in reply to choowee)
Post #: 9
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 3/12/2017 5:59:42 PM   
paulderynck

Contact Customer Support. Lately these problems have often been due to having an old, forgotten username/password from a registration or forum for a Matrix or Slitherine game from before MWiF. Customer support will need to find any old entries and purge them so you only have one.

Another possibility is you have forbidden characters in your username or password. Use the Help button when going to the forum to see the list.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 3/12/2017 6:01:12 PM >

Paul

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 10
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 3/12/2017 6:27:50 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

However, it lets me create a game, although my opponent couldn't see me at the forum (I could see him), afterwards the game started sudddenly not to show his moves in the deployment phase, although he had been able to see mine, and when we tried to load saved games most of the times we couldn't.

At the start of a NetPlay game, one player logs into the forum from the opening screen and waits. The other player creates the game, choosing the scenario and optional rules, then putting in the player names and choosing sides. Once the Creator clicks to start the game, the program enters the forum and checks for the opponent. There are a couple of message sent back and forth by the program (on both computers) to make sure everything is ready. If all is well, the game starts.

Which names appear in the list of players on the forum varies, depending on the timing of the message exchanges. Don't worry about that. If the game starts on both computers, then you are good to go.

Moves made by one players not showing up on his opponent's computer is more worrying. There can again be a time delay here, especially if the person not making moves is doing other stuff (e.g., checking on Force Pools or the like). Eventually the program should catch up with any backlog of messages and update the second computer to match the first. Be careful with messing around with Production Planning during setup if you are not setting up units. On my task list is to make certain that one side cannot change the production planning for the other side (e.g., Germany deciding that the Commonwealth doesn't want to save any oil).

As always, more specific information on problems helps us better understand what is going on.

Steve

Post #: 11
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 3/12/2017 6:54:17 PM   
Joseignacio

It looks to me that most or part of the problema can come from what Pauls says. It doesn't seem to me to be related to timing becuse sometimes we have been waiting for almost a minute, and although I am connecting through my wifi, it carries about 17 MB. There could be lag but it usually is undetectable and not even seconds.

From there I guess may come the problems. Thanks for the explanation, Steve, We somehow were able to start the game, the real problems came with not seeing units (would look like it stopped updating suddenly).

I will contact Customer support, try again and come back...

Note: No forbidden characters in any of both.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 3/12/2017 7:08:58 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 3/13/2017 1:42:22 PM   
Joseignacio

I contacted them yesterday and they informed me today that they have cleared the old info. I need to try it with my opponent when it's possible for him, and I will give feedback.

Post #: 13
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 3/14/2017 7:00:43 PM   
PeteGarnett

quote:

Moves made by one players not showing up on his opponent's computer is more worrying. There can again be a time delay here, especially if the person not making moves is doing other stuff (e.g., checking on Force Pools or the like). Eventually the program should catch up with any backlog of messages and update the second computer to match the first. Be careful with messing around with Production Planning during setup if you are not setting up units. On my task list is to make certain that one side cannot change the production planning for the other side (e.g., Germany deciding that the Commonwealth doesn't want to save any oil).

This one I really couldn't figure out. As the Axis player on setup I could see all of Jose's USA & USSR setup as he placed units.

However, for my setup of Italy he could see land units but only some naval. He could not see my convoys & any air.

We tried several times from a save point but kept happening.

I will post the save file when I get a chance.

Post #: 14
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 3/22/2017 3:35:58 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: PeteGarnett

quote:

This one I really couldn't figure out. As the Axis player on setup I could see all of Jose's USA & USSR setup as he placed units.

However, for my setup of Italy he could see land units but only some naval. He could not see my convoys & any air.

There are several ways to 'see' units on the map. The most obvious is the Detailed Map and that should show your opponent's units as he places them on the map (in NetPlay). The Global map should work too if you have turned on the Convoys for the major power that is setting up units. Lastly, there is the Naval Review Details form, which filters for which units to show. A common problem is the player has the filter set to 'Mine' (the default setting) and doesn't see the units of his allies or those belonging to the enemy. Subs also have their own checkbox on that form (to include or exclude them).

Steve

(in reply to PeteGarnett)
Post #: 15
RE: Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. - 3/22/2017 8:43:47 AM   
Joseignacio

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: PeteGarnett

quote:

There are several ways to 'see' units on the map. The most obvious is the Detailed Map and that should show your opponent's units as he places them on the map (in NetPlay). The Global map should work too if you have turned on the Convoys for the major power that is setting up units. Lastly, there is the Naval Review Details form, which filters for which units to show. A common problem is the player has the filter set to 'Mine' (the default setting) and doesn't see the units of his allies or those belonging to the enemy. Subs also have their own checkbox on that form (to include or exclude them).

No, that was not the case.

We were still deploying so I had not checked any box, and in case they could have been checked from previous games as a "setting" (which I don't think it happens) anyway I feel reluctant by now to use those features so I never use them.

Besides that would not explain why I saw his first, second convoy,..., and then no more convoys or fleets or even land units without touching anything else.

However after reading some posts I am trying to remember and I am not completely sure I was not minimizing the screen or checking some other display, cause I didn't know that could affect the game.

Also I was playing with my laptop, the same that yesterday "died". I sent it to the technician to see what was the problem, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some problem because of the heating. If this is so, maybe it could have affected the performance?

I was using my wifi as well, which is mentioned in other posts as a possible problems source...

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 3/22/2017 9:17:20 AM >

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Unable to access Seeking Opponent database. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI