Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New User: Mercenary Camp?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> New User: Mercenary Camp? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New User: Mercenary Camp? - 12/1/2013 1:35:56 PM   
rmp090946

Purchased ATG last week, extremely impressed & can't figure how this title escaped my attention for so long. Own quite a few Matrix/Ageod games and am really enjoying ATG so far. Forums have been a great help by reading user's input (one name "Webizen" comes to mind as giving me substantial insights + many others). Am playing (so far) almost exclusively with "Enhanced_ModSuite_V215e" and really enjoy this mod's results. Enjoying ATG so much I went ahead and purchased DC:Blue because it was from the same developer (never had guts to purchase Grisby's WiTE (although I do own his WiTP:AE).

Anyway, my question: I have acquired a "mercenary camp" which is providing 40 units (at 100%); but, there is no way to reduce the % below 100% as is with any other production facility. Is this just "as is" with this camp? Or, a possible quirk with this random game?

Thanks very much for any input, and I continue learning more each scenario I play.

Bob
Post #: 1
RE: New User: Mercenary Camp? - 12/1/2013 3:12:01 PM   
ernieschwitz

I think you can reduce it to 0% actually. You can not assign it a HQ, for instance, or you can delete the production que you are getting it from.

The might be a way to reduce the percentage to something lower, by making a 2nd production cue, and assigning that some of the production, and then delete that production que. I think. Although this is probably not intended, i think it will work.

(in reply to rmp090946)
Post #: 2
RE: New User: Mercenary Camp? - 12/1/2013 3:28:00 PM   
rmp090946

The mercenary camp was a result of opening a "crate" per scenario options. When the camp was discovered, the game automatically assigned it to "Supreme HQ", not me. I does not allow me to either change the % of production or add another production line; or, delete the existing production line. I suppose I could just "blow-up" the camp to eliminate it completely; but, prefer not doing that.

I've not incurred having a mercenary camp in a prior scenario; but, there again I've not had the game too long.

Thanks for taking time to offer suggestions.

Bob

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 3
RE: New User: Mercenary Camp? - 12/1/2013 3:30:27 PM   
ernieschwitz

Oh there is a way, ... i think you can do the following. Click on a production site you can edit the production of, and then click on the mercenary camp. I believe that this way you gain access to it. Although this is most likely a bug more than anything else...

(in reply to rmp090946)
Post #: 4
RE: New User: Mercenary Camp? - 12/1/2013 3:31:37 PM   
ernieschwitz

If that fails, i think you can gain access to it via the production overview screen list...

Post #: 5
RE: New User: Mercenary Camp? - 12/1/2013 4:07:29 PM   
rmp090946

Just so I haven't misled you: I CAN access the Mercenary production (with the 4 production lines)....the first line is "fixed" at 100% and I'm unable change the production %.

Thanks, Bob

Post #: 6
RE: New User: Mercenary Camp? - 12/1/2013 4:17:35 PM   
danlongman

There is a workaround of sorts that I have found. Do not connect the camp by rail/road. Build an independent HQ near the camp(do not put it under Supreme Command). Assign the camp
to the independent HQ. The mecenaries will gather there and stay out of your hair for the time being. Costs a few bux but whaddaya gonna do?

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to rmp090946)
Post #: 7
RE: New User: Mercenary Camp? - 12/1/2013 4:19:19 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

Just so I haven't misled you: I CAN access the Mercenary production (with the 4 production lines)....the first line is "fixed" at 100% and I'm unable change the production %.

Thanks, Bob

Oh i See... I thought you might be able to adjust it through one of these workarounds.

(in reply to rmp090946)
Post #: 8
RE: New User: Mercenary Camp? - 12/1/2013 4:22:14 PM   
rmp090946

Yes, I was thinking same thing...I'll try that if 40/turn becomes a problem. As an alternative, I'll start another test scenario and see if I can get a crate to spawn a camp, then see if same results happen. If so, I'll try your suggestion.

Will report back result in a little while.

Thanks again, Bob

(in reply to danlongman)
Post #: 9
RE: New User: Mercenary Camp? - 12/1/2013 5:15:47 PM   
rmp090946

FYI: Setup "test scenario", was lucky and spawned mercenary camp.

1. Camp defaults to "No HQ" with production set to 40/turn 100%.
2. User can (and should assign HQ otherwise 40/turn appear to be lost.
3. Assigning to either Superior HQ or newly created HQ at the camp site correctly produces and sends 40 units to proper HQ.
4. However, under any of the previous stages, I was still unable to change the production % to anything other than the default 100%

Conclusion: This must be programmed this way; but, still not sure why programmer does not allow change to production %.

Thanks to all for comments, Bob

(in reply to rmp090946)
Post #: 10
RE: New User: Mercenary Camp? - 12/1/2013 5:34:57 PM   
Jonathan Pollard

I'm actually glad to see that it's possible to have a production site that cannot be changed. As someone who hasn't tried the editor yet, I hope it would be possible to deliberately make dedicated production sites that cannot change from producing planes to producing ships etc.

(in reply to rmp090946)
Post #: 11
RE: New User: Mercenary Camp? - 12/1/2013 6:40:23 PM   
Tac2i

If you find crates to be a bother rather than something that adds to your enjoyment of the game, simply do not select the crates option for your random games. By the way I think crates, even if you select it, is only available in 1-town start games vs the AI.

Welcome to ATG! Its one of the best all around IGOUGO hex based wargames I know of.

< Message edited by Webizen -- 12/1/2013 7:50:53 PM >

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to Jonathan Pollard)
Post #: 12
RE: New User: Mercenary Camp? - 12/1/2013 7:02:11 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

I'm actually glad to see that it's possible to have a production site that cannot be changed. As someone who hasn't tried the editor yet, I hope it would be possible to deliberately make dedicated production sites that cannot change from producing planes to producing ships etc.

Actually you can make factories that only produce one kind of equipment, and cannot change to another. I.e. fighters, dive bombers, level bombers, but not Light Tanks, Medium Tanks. etc.

The editor is VERY flexible, one of the reasons I´ve hung around for as long as I have.

(in reply to Jonathan Pollard)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> New User: Mercenary Camp? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI