Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

fatal error when playing japanese reinforcements MJ40

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> fatal error when playing japanese reinforcements MJ40 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
fatal error when playing japanese reinforcements MJ40 - 12/3/2013 11:17:40 AM   
vonpaul

Playing a solitare game, for some reason it skipped over the japanese place reinforcement phase. Now when i try to load a autosave (from before this phase) i'm getting fatal crash.

save attached

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: fatal error when playing japanese reinforcements MJ40 - 12/3/2013 11:21:01 AM   
vonpaul

cannot proceed past German production (from autosaves) without a crash :(

(in reply to vonpaul)
Post #: 2
RE: fatal error when playing japanese reinforcements MJ40 - 12/4/2013 7:03:27 AM   
vonpaul

bump

(in reply to vonpaul)
Post #: 3
RE: fatal error when playing japanese reinforcements MJ40 - 12/4/2013 5:26:11 PM   
Centuur

I'll advise you to reload an autosave from a previous game and see if this problem occurs again. I can't recreate this...

Peter

(in reply to vonpaul)
Post #: 4
RE: fatal error when playing japanese reinforcements MJ40 - 12/5/2013 9:03:37 AM   
vonpaul

so the save file i uploaded loads ok for you? I get errors: File not found ..... New Game.sly (a custom view i created) and followed by Error loading saved game .....japan.gam

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 5
RE: fatal error when playing japanese reinforcements MJ40 - 12/5/2013 9:33:05 AM   
vonpaul

restoring the game at peace step autosave allowed me to proceed

(in reply to vonpaul)
Post #: 6
RE: fatal error when playing japanese reinforcements MJ40 - 3/12/2014 7:29:55 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonpaul

so the save file i uploaded loads ok for you? I get errors: File not found ..... New Game.sly (a custom view i created) and followed by Error loading saved game .....japan.gam

File not found ... SLY, it merely informative. It means that the SLY file that was active when the game was saved was not on the disk (or had been moved to a different directory?). This should never be fatal in and of itself. The program uses the New Game.SLY file, or creates it if it doesn't exist.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to vonpaul)
Post #: 7
RE: fatal error when playing japanese reinforcements MJ40 - 3/13/2014 12:55:21 AM   
alexvand

I have precisely the same problem. I emailed my save game last week.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 8
RE: fatal error when playing japanese reinforcements MJ40 - 3/13/2014 3:13:43 AM   
paulderynck

Could be related to the fact the game will skip a reinforcement phase wherein the country has no reinforcements arriving.

Paul

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 9
RE: fatal error when playing japanese reinforcements MJ40 - 3/13/2014 7:00:49 PM   
Centuur

The message "xxxx.SLY doesn't exist" is a message I also get when I'm picking up saved games from other forum members to investigate. Ignore this message (simply continue to load the game) and than first restore a screen layout you are using on your own computer. I've (until now) not encountered any problems to restore any games from other members this way. I think this should do the trick.
I think this message has nothing to do with the original bug as being reported by vonPaul.

It's to bad that there isn't a save game available from before the skipping of the reinforcement phase, because I can't recreate the original bug... The only thing I can think about is the same reason given by Paulderynck. No reinforcements for the turn means that the phase is skipped....

< Message edited by Centuur -- 3/13/2014 8:01:50 PM >

Peter

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> fatal error when playing japanese reinforcements MJ40 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI