Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Good game but needs polish

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> Good game but needs polish Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Good game but needs polish - 12/4/2013 3:05:36 AM   
Symple

I have enjoyed multiplayer play in this game, but there are problems with supply and other logistical and mechanical issues.
I hope this can be dealt with in a way to make the game meet its potential. Nice mechanics, but not yet finished in design.
Post #: 1
RE: Good game but needs polish - 12/4/2013 1:47:36 PM   
Nimrod 9th

Agree! Excellent mechanics but has the feel the developer/programer gave up on the game one or two patches too early. Been doing some PBEM with a couple guys and we're having major issues with convoys. In our current game, I'm Britain and Allied Minors. We're in late 1941 and I haven't had a convoy sent to North Africa since 1939 even though I've had naval units in all the sea zones between Britain and Egypt. I've invaded Germany and captured Hamburg and again, no convoy. In an earlier game Germany invaded Norway and couldn't get any convoys going there even though they had captured Oslo. Convoys set to auto. Haven't tried it set on manual. Haven't had the problem with non-PBEM games. Also noticing strange behavior in air units.

(in reply to Symple)
Post #: 2
RE: Good game but needs polish - 12/4/2013 5:52:50 PM   
Wolfe1759

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nimrod 9th
Agree! Excellent mechanics but has the feel the developer/programer gave up on the game one or two patches too early.

Agree! Unfortunately the developers have given up one or two patches too early on all the games they have released to date. Strategic War in Europe was supposed to have been a free quick play campaign released with a patch that never occured for their previous game Time of Fury.

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Nimrod 9th)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> Good game but needs polish Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI