Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[0.7.7] Play observations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> Tech Support >> [0.7.7] Play observations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[0.7.7] Play observations - 12/12/2013 2:37:41 AM   
pests

[0.7.7] play observations

1. Saved game before a Gemini docking I mission. I had 90%+ on rocket and capsule. Capsule failed. I replayed mission 50 times to see if it would improve. Every mission had capsule failure.
- Saved game on orbit 3 of 6 on Sun probe. Orbit 4 failed. I replayed from save mission 30 times. Orbit 4 failed on each.
- Saved game before a Gemini EVA double mission linkup. I had 90% on rocket and capsule. Replayed mission 50 times and either rocket or capsule failed on 2nd mission.
Coincidence, or are rocket/capsule failures pre-determined?
It appears there are programmed built in failures in rockets/capsules even though design is 90%+ If I saved a game, had a failure, reloaded and skipped a season, there might or might not be a failure. If I replayed the season with the failure, there appeared to always be a failure.

2. It might be good if scientist stats displayed if mouse passed over their cards when looking at scientists assigned to design step.
3. If placement on design row important, you need a method to easily move assigned scientists in row.
4. What is the effect if design positions 1 & 2 are vacant but not 3, should you reassign so there is always a 1?
5. It might be good if assignment name appeared over scientist rather than picture to help determine reassignment. Few remember rocket pictures.

6. It might be useful before choosing a program to know the requirements - # controllers, # astronauts, # seasons
7. Passing a mouse over a building could display the number of controllers, astronauts, designers therein etc.

8. For programs like Mercury it might be useful to know mission(s) necessary for progress to Gemini, etc.

9. Had failure on initial docking mission, but only later realized docking mission used a different rocket that fared poorly at 0% design. Perhaps a warning when assembling rockets that design level is risky.

Good game.

Joseph Molnar
jmolnar.c@comcast.net

----------
-Joseph
Post #: 1
RE: [0.7.7] Play observations - 12/12/2013 4:25:21 PM   
Nacho84

Hello pests,

Welcome to SPM! Regarding your question about the save games and the failures, please take a look at my post on this other thread where I explain how the game works behind the scenes.

We usually try to avoid UI solutions that involve mouse hovers, since we are aiming to release the game in tablets as well, and we want a universal solution. Nonetheless, we appreciate your suggestions and we'll try to find a way to achieve the same functionality without resorting to a solution that would only work with a mouse.

Regarding point 9, notice that in the mission configuration screen (the one that features the picture of Dr. Von Braun), there's a stat that indicates the overall reliability. Also, by clicking on the question icon above von Braun you will get some advice regarding the launch of the mission.

Glad you liked the game so far, please make sure to grab the weekly updates and feel free to post more feedback. I'm not able to answer all posts point by point, but I certainly read them all.

Cheers,

Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion

(in reply to pests)
Post #: 2
RE: [0.7.7] Play observations - 12/12/2013 4:39:27 PM   
CowboyRonin

I can confirm your first issue because I have observed it myself and already reported it to the developers.

If you have a researcher who is not in the first position, as in your example, research will still be done, but it will be at a slower rate than the same person would do if they were farther to the left.

To see the requirements to open a program, click on the program and then click on the button that says Program Unavailable. That will bring up a new screen with the goals required to open the program, and the missions that include those goals.

In terms of number of astronauts, etc, available, that information is available in the bottom row of the screen while the main screen is up. Is there additional information you would want the building to display?

Your other suggestions have been logged and sent to the developers.

Matrix forum liaison to Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager team
WitW/WitE2 Alpha tester

(in reply to pests)
Post #: 3
RE: [0.7.7] Play observations - 12/12/2013 8:51:56 PM   
pests

Thank you for your very quick response.

-Joseph

Have shifted to [0.7.8]

----------
-Joseph

(in reply to pests)
Post #: 4
RE: [0.7.7] Play observations - 12/15/2013 11:03:21 AM   
Nacho84

No worries! I've just implemented point #9 from your post, it will be available in the next update. Thanks for the suggestion!

Cheers,

Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion

(in reply to pests)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> Tech Support >> [0.7.7] Play observations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI