Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will an attack against a blockading fleet count as an "unprovoked attack"?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Will an attack against a blockading fleet count as an "unprovoked attack"? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will an attack against a blockading fleet count as an &... - 12/12/2013 11:56:29 AM   
hardcoregamer

I know that attacking another race's ships without declaring war counts as an unprovoked attack, but is the attack actually unprovoked if said ships are being used to blockade a planet you own? Will attacking said ships still give me a penalty to repuation?
Post #: 1
RE: Will an attack against a blockading fleet count as ... - 12/12/2013 11:59:15 AM   
ASHBERY76

Yes.

(in reply to hardcoregamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Will an attack against a blockading fleet count as ... - 12/12/2013 1:07:33 PM   
Lightbane

war usually solves that problem lol, I like it when they blockade one of my prime systems that has a large spaceport and three cannons. They're sitting on top of the weapons and bam their dead lol

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 3
RE: Will an attack against a blockading fleet count as ... - 12/12/2013 2:27:31 PM   
Plant

Yes, blockading is generally speaking a really odd game mechanic.

(in reply to Lightbane)
Post #: 4
RE: Will an attack against a blockading fleet count as ... - 12/12/2013 8:51:01 PM   
Fishers of Men

Blockading is sometimes a way for another empire to provoke you into an attack, without a declaration of war. Your reputation with other empires will suffer.

Old............but very fast

(in reply to Plant)
Post #: 5
RE: Will an attack against a blockading fleet count as ... - 12/12/2013 9:54:50 PM   
hardcoregamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fishers of Men

Blockading is sometimes a way for another empire to provoke you into an attack, without a declaration of war. Your reputation with other empires will suffer.

That doesn't make sense in my game, where the side that blockaded me is nowhere near as powerful as me.

But then again, the aliens that blockaded me are those spider things and they are currently going through that insanity phase of theirs.

(in reply to Fishers of Men)
Post #: 6
RE: Will an attack against a blockading fleet count as ... - 12/13/2013 5:40:45 PM   
Plant

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense.

The role of blockading appears to be a diplomacy game mechanic to make 2 AI empires eventually hate each other enough to declare war on each other.

(in reply to hardcoregamer)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Will an attack against a blockading fleet count as an "unprovoked attack"? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI