Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for a simple portrait mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Looking for a simple portrait mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for a simple portrait mod - 12/12/2013 2:25:25 PM   
pjdegrieck

Hello,

I have shadows expansion installed and I'm surprised I can't find this simple mod. I'm looking for something to replace the silly default race portraits. I was hoping for something more realistic looking, darker, or basically anything that looks better than the Super Nintendo inspired portraits the game ships with. I looked through the stickies to no avail.

Thanks!

Post #: 1
RE: Looking for a simple portrait mod - 12/12/2013 7:08:11 PM   
Solarius Scorch

I'm working on a mod that swaps most original races to life forms that I find more appealing, but I'm not sure if that's exactly what you mean :)

Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

(in reply to pjdegrieck)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for a simple portrait mod - 12/12/2013 10:22:00 PM   
drmario89

I know that the Distant Worlds Extended mod changes the races' pictures, but it also comes with extra races. You may be able to download it and then manually swap out the pictures without adding the rest of the mod to wherever your game is located on your computer, if that makes any sense.

Btw, Fartsicle is the best name I've seen on these forums so far.

< Message edited by drmario89 -- 12/12/2013 11:24:02 PM >

(in reply to Solarius Scorch)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for a simple portrait mod - 12/12/2013 11:32:54 PM   
Lightbane

i'm quite the opposite lol, I like the original ones. But if you are looking for darker more serious ones, the Extended Mod is a good idea, if you don't want the extra races I could possibly suggest installing the mod but removing everything associated to the additional races, hopefully that works.

(in reply to drmario89)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking for a simple portrait mod - 12/13/2013 12:42:16 AM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lightbane

i'm quite the opposite lol, I like the original ones. But if you are looking for darker more serious ones, the Extended Mod is a good idea, if you don't want the extra races I could possibly suggest installing the mod but removing everything associated to the additional races, hopefully that works.

Two options:

A.Drop the EW folder in the customization folder, delete everything but the images folder, go into that folder,Distant Worlds Extended\images\units, and delete the folders ships and troops. Now go into the races folders and delete every image greater than race_21a.png.
Rename folder to your new name like FartsiclezFudgepit, load DW and select your new theme.
(never tried it but should work in theory)

B.Extract the EW folder somewhere, go to the DW root images folder for race images, back up the default DW image files, copy the ones from the EW race image folder (race_0.png to race_21a.png) and paste them into the root DW race image directory. Load DW.
(will work for definite but writing over the default files is never the right option)

Darkspire

< Message edited by Darkspire -- 12/13/2013 1:43:18 AM >

(in reply to Lightbane)
Post #: 5
RE: Looking for a simple portrait mod - 12/13/2013 1:54:09 AM   
pjdegrieck

Thanks for the replies, Ill backup the original graphic files and just overwrite them with some extended mod photos.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 6
RE: Looking for a simple portrait mod - 12/20/2013 6:21:38 AM   
thebigpieman

Or you know, do what the game recommends and create a mod folder for it (Otherwise known as a theme), anything not included in the mod (theme) folder is taken from the base game so no harm done, instructions can be found in the modding guide I believe.

(in reply to pjdegrieck)
Post #: 7
RE: Looking for a simple portrait mod - 12/20/2013 6:27:23 AM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigpieman

Or you know, do what the game recommends and create a mod folder for it (Otherwise known as a theme), anything not included in the mod (theme) folder is taken from the base game so no harm done, instructions can be found in the modding guide I believe.

Covered that with option A

Darkspire

(in reply to thebigpieman)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Looking for a simple portrait mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI