Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game will be released next month

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Game will be released next month Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game will be released next month - 12/8/2013 3:59:59 AM   
Gunhawk

I guess we can start warming up the T-34's and pz Mk IV's as Erik said that the game will be released next month.
Post #: 1
RE: Game will be released next month - 12/9/2013 4:37:53 AM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunhawk

I guess we can start warming up the T-34's and pz Mk IV's as Erik said that the game will be released next month.

Even if it's not ready ?

/sarc.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 2
RE: Game will be released next month - 12/10/2013 3:19:32 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

quote:

Even if it's not ready ?

/sarc.

Oh my goodness gracious. How can you even *think* that?

Eric said:

>>The good news is that Lock 'n Load looks like it will be very close to release status sometime before Christmas, so we can firmly set a January release date for it at this point. We're going to pick an exact date in January over the next few weeks and you'll see some promotion starting on Lock 'n Load before January, increasing as we get closer to the release date.<<

So we should see some promotion for the game any day now. :-)

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 3
RE: Game will be released next month - 12/10/2013 7:12:33 AM   
wodin

I've lost all enthusiasm. Not interested.. especially after playing CoH, if it's that abstracted which I hear it is I really have no interest at all.

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 4
RE: Game will be released next month - 12/10/2013 11:27:14 AM   
Hrothgar

Wodin, I hope there's a demo, and that you give it a try, because I can't imagine anyone interested in WWII tactical combat not enjoying this game. I've played the heck out of it, and I still can't wait for the release. This is the first historical wargame that I've been excited about in a long time.

They've really been working hard to iron the bugs out of it and balance the scenarios. When I first joined the playtest, it was already in better shape than a lot of games at release, but they're trying very hard to fix everything that comes up. Because there are almost as many different pc configurations as players, I imagine that bugs will still turn up after release, but the game is eminently playable and has been for some time.

I know nothing about programming, but I'm hoping that all the work they've done will make it easy to produce sequels covering different theaters and periods of the war. I know I'll be getting them as soon as they're released.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Game will be released next month - 12/11/2013 1:16:30 AM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

I've lost all enthusiasm. Not interested.. especially after playing CoH, if it's that abstracted which I hear it is I really have no interest at all.

Completely different play experience from CoH. Not sure what you mean by "abstracted". All games are abstracted....
What about CoH turned you off?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 6
RE: Game will be released next month - 12/11/2013 3:18:03 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Completely different play experience from CoH. Not sure what you mean by "abstracted". All games are abstracted....
What about CoH turned you off?

Right. They're *all* abstracted. And some of them are abstracted to the Nth degree, but are still extremely popular. Like "Memoir '44".

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 7
RE: Game will be released next month - 12/11/2013 7:33:23 PM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Even if it's not ready ?

/sarc.

Eric said:

>>The good news is that Lock 'n Load looks like it will be very close to release status sometime before Christmas, so we can firmly set a January release date for it at this point. We're going to pick an exact date in January over the next few weeks and you'll see some promotion starting on Lock 'n Load before January, increasing as we get closer to the release date.<<

January of 2014 ?

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 8
RE: Game will be released next month - 12/11/2013 7:52:05 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Even if it's not ready ?

/sarc.

Eric said:

January of 2014 ?

Why of course January 2014, you silly goose. When have they ever misinformed us? They're probably preparing the promotions even as we text. :-)

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 9
RE: Game will be released next month - 12/15/2013 1:16:54 AM   
MikeS369

Hope you're right. I will believe it when I see it.

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 10
RE: Game will be released next month - 12/17/2013 3:04:16 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: MikeS369

It won't be me who's right or wrong. I'm just the messenger. This is a quote from Erik:

"The good news is that Lock 'n Load looks like it will be very close to release status sometime before Christmas, so we can firmly set a January release date for it at this point. We're going to pick an exact date in January over the next few weeks and you'll see some promotion starting on Lock 'n Load before January, increasing as we get closer to the release date.

Apologies for one more delay, but the game is in good shape and this should be the last delay. We plan to have this be our featured release to start 2014 and I can say that with very high confidence.

Regards,

- Erik"

We haven't seen any of this "promotion starting on Lock 'n Load *before* January", and it's almost Christmas when work tends to slow down during the holidays, but Erik said that the release date is going to be "firmly in January", and he said it "with very high confidence", so (shrug) who am I to doubt his word? Of course i'd feel a lot better if this alleged "promotion" appeared, but December ain't over yet.

(in reply to MikeS369)
Post #: 11
RE: Game will be released next month - 12/20/2013 12:17:54 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: MikeS369

Yeah same here it's been what now? about 5 YEARS in development. Of course they are releasing it NEXT year as to make a 2 year wait on a christmas sale. Oh well I've waited this long might as well get ready for another 2 years.

< Message edited by aaatoysandmore -- 12/20/2013 1:18:47 PM >

(in reply to MikeS369)
Post #: 12
RE: Game will be released next month - 12/20/2013 12:38:26 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

Promotional work has begun. We are expecting some new previews to be posted soon on other sites like Board Game Geek - what date exactly I can't promise, but it's underway. We've finished the manual, which is about to go to layout and print. The game itself will continue to be polished over the next few weeks, but it's ready to release. We expect to go gold by the end of January.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 12/20/2013 1:39:00 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 13
RE: Game will be released next month - 12/20/2013 5:57:11 PM   
bosbes

Oh, my god! It's true then! This game will be released!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 14
RE: Game will be released next month - 12/21/2013 10:41:43 PM   
fortress

I can't wait. Had my money saved up for a long time.

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 15
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/6/2014 8:33:23 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: fortress

You won't have to wait long. Erik said that we'll have it in January, so that's within three weeks!

(in reply to fortress)
Post #: 16
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/6/2014 9:48:42 PM   
fortress

quote:

quote:

You won't have to wait long. Erik said that we'll have it in January, so that's within three weeks!

Guess I'd better go find that money I put away in a shoebox a long time ago for this game. Let's see how much is in the box..... OH NO! It's Confederate money--I didn't think it had been THAT long.

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 17
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/7/2014 2:55:09 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

quote:

quote:

Guess I'd better go find that money I put away in a shoebox a long time ago for this game. Let's see how much is in the box..... OH NO! It's Confederate money--I didn't think it had been THAT long.

LOL. You're better off than me. All that I have in my box is strings of beads and some wampum.

It's odd that we haven't seen any promotion for the game since the release is just a couple of weeks away. You'd think that we'd have an official release date by now. Unless they're going to skunk us again. But they wouldn't do that again, would they?

...would they?

(in reply to fortress)
Post #: 18
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/7/2014 4:06:27 PM   
Cataphract88

... Possibly!

Richard

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 19
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/11/2014 1:00:03 PM   
RobearGWJ

Found a tidbit on Pocket Tactics in an article on Playdek's "stealth cancellations", which included Tank On Tank for IOS from Lock'n'Load:

"On the bright side, Walker tells me that Lock n’ Load: Heroes of Stalingrad, their PC tactical game long in the making with Slitherine/Matrix, would be out for desktops this February."

Pocket Tactics covers "real gaming", including wargames, on IOS and Android, and is a very good source if you want to figure out which games to buy (and indeed, which are out) to scratch that Grognard itch on your tablet.

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 20
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/12/2014 3:16:40 AM   
Gunhawk

Now it's February? What happened to "we can firmly set a January release date for it at this point".

Well, I suppose another month won't hurt. If it *is* another month.

(in reply to RobearGWJ)
Post #: 21
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/15/2014 9:13:44 AM   
Skanvak

Well I have heard that before on the WiF forum, it was finally finish with 5 years late...or was it 10?

< Message edited by Skanvak -- 1/15/2014 10:15:00 AM >

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 22
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/16/2014 12:34:18 AM   
RobearGWJ

Well, they've started the publicity push as promised earlier; there's a short interview with Mark and one of the other principals at Wargamer.com. So that certainly puts it in the range of a month or six weeks, imo.

(in reply to Skanvak)
Post #: 23
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/21/2014 9:10:51 AM   
aaatoysandmore

Ok Erik you said by the end of January 2014 and it's almost the end. Where's this Heroes of Stalingrad game? tapping foot not waiting impatiently.

(in reply to RobearGWJ)
Post #: 24
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/21/2014 5:41:58 PM   
bosbes

Well, the long wait will end; confirmed releasedate february 12th!!!!

Post #: 25
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/21/2014 5:57:22 PM   
Skanvak

Don't sell the bear pelt before it is skinned.

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to bosbes)
Post #: 26
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/22/2014 1:04:10 AM   
meskary

YES!

(in reply to Skanvak)
Post #: 27
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/22/2014 1:44:32 AM   
aaatoysandmore

OH so now it's Feb 12th. What will it be next month Mar 4th? lol I'm with Skanvak I'll believe it when I see it now. Too many false promises at this site.

(in reply to meskary)
Post #: 28
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/22/2014 6:20:10 AM   
Richie61

If you love the board game titles of Band of Heroes, you will really enjoy this title....or so a little birdie tells me

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 29
RE: Game will be released next month - 1/22/2014 9:26:42 AM   
bosbes

Oh, I Always believe when I see it!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Game will be released next month Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI