Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Screen size problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Unity of Command Series >> Tech Support >> Screen size problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Screen size problem - 12/15/2013 5:28:05 PM   
torrone

I have UoC patched to 1.05 and Black Turn DLC added. When I open the game the screen is too
large for the monitor. As a result I cannot see or access the buttons on the bottom of the
screen, such as Start Scenario etc. I have tried different screen resolutions but the lower
the resolution the larger the screen, making the problem worse. At the highest screen
resolution the screen is still larger than the monitor, making the buttons on the bottom of the screen
inaccessible. I have also tried windowed mode, rather than full screen, but this does
not help either. Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Screen size problem - 12/16/2013 9:10:02 AM   
2xTom

Hi torrone,

please check out: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Display. If the size of all items is set to "Medium" or "Large" then the game is scaled (by Windows OS, not us) as well.

You should open the game in windowed mode, go to Options, and set the windowed resolution to 1024x600. This is the smallest possible window, so it should be visible even when scaled (enlarged) by Windows OS.

Alternatively, you can go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Display and turn the setting to "Smaller" while you're playing the game.

Cheers!

Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer

(in reply to torrone)
Post #: 2
RE: Screen size problem - 12/16/2013 6:46:23 PM   
torrone

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure that would work. But I found another workaround. I right clicked on the Desktop shortcut and clicked on Properties/Compatibility and then checked the box "Disable Desktop Composition". When I rebooted the game if all fit on the screen just fine.

(in reply to 2xTom)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Unity of Command Series >> Tech Support >> Screen size problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI