Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/9/2013 9:21:05 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

Hello All,

We have a new version of DW Shadows available in the Members Club. It has a numbers of fixes and improvements.

Version 1.9.0.12 – December 9th. 2013
Change History:

CRASH FIXES

• Reduced chance of thread abort exceptions occurring
    • Fixed rare crash with freighters
    • Fixed crash when lock computer (Ctrl-Alt-Del) while playing DW (graphics device lost)

BUG FIXES

• Fixed bug where some failed intercepted intelligence missions were not counting towards victory conditions
    • Fixed bug where characters were not being properly transferred to troop transports from Troops tab of Colonies screen
    • Fixed bug where pirate facilities would sometimes not be removed from colonies when pirate faction wiped out
    • Fixed bug where hyperdeny components not being used on bases defending against attack
    • Fixed bug where captured and gifted ships would sometimes be attacked when not an enemy
    • Fixed bug where invading troops disappear when planet bombarded to extinction
    • Fixed bug where defending troops dropped at rebelling colonies would sometimes join invaders if they were victorious (i.e. rebels or invaders conquered colony)
    • Fixed bug where troop generals participating in successful clearance attacks against pirate facilities at your colonies would get event history message indicating that the battle was lost, when it was actually won
    • Fixed bug where displayed cashflow was not including facility maintenance
    • Fixed bug where freighters would sometimes attempt to dock at mining stations that did not yet have docking bays

RESOURCES AND FREIGHTERS

• Improved freighter resource transport network, especially for construction resource shortages
    • Added option to disable construction resource shortage messages
    • The random allotment of startup luxury resources at your colonies now exclude super-luxury resources (Loros Fruit, Zentabia Fluid, Korabbian Spice) (alleviates cashflow swings when these run out)

TROOPS AND INVASIONS

• Fixed problems where troops were sometimes being recruited incorrectly (e.g. clone troops)
    • Improved garrison levels of troops at colonies, especially when empire is in low- or negative-cashflow situations
    • Colony populations now defend better against invasions - their defend strength has been doubled

FLEETS AND SHIPS

• Improved fleet response to enemy threats in other systems (i.e. non-automated fleets follow their posture settings to engage enemies in other systems)
    • Fleets in battle now tolerate lower fuel levels (i.e will wait longer before refuelling)
    • Ensure that automated fleets load troops when space available
    • Changed ship behavior so that if already hyperjumping away (for whatever reason) then they will not reassign an Escape mission (i.e. they are already 'escaping')
    • Further improved boarding and capture so that ships and fighters no longer fire at a target once you already have overwhelming boarding parties onboard the target
    • Exploration ships now check for uninvestigated ruins or galaxy locations once they have explored the entire galaxy

DIFFICULTY LEVELS

• Game difficulty has been increased on higher levels in the following ways:
    • More defending troops at colonies, especially larger colonies
    • Buying tech from other empires is more expensive for the player
    • Selling tech to other empires is less lucrative for the player
    • Relationship thresholds for buying tech from other empires is higher for player (i.e. other empire has to like you more)
    • Non-player empires build more exploration and construction ships when they are able
    • Overall difficulty factors have been increased (i.e. each difficulty setting above normal is now harder)

RESEARCH AND SHIP DESIGN

• Ship Design editor now warns when Resort Base designs are missing passenger components or are too big to build
    • AI-designed spaceports and defensive bases now properly use area weapons when specified in design templates
    • Lessened chance of critical research success or failure for larger/longer research projects

GAME PERFORMANCE AND DISPLAY

• Improved game performance, especially in late-game with large galaxies
    • Improved rendering performance, especially when zoomed out to sector- or galaxy-level
    • Improved appearance of stars in mainview

OTHER

• Pirates now more careful about honoring protection arrangements
    • Improved willingness of passenger ships to perform tourism missions
    • Retrofit button in Ships and Bases screen now enabled for bases not at colonies

Post #: 1
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/9/2013 9:30:54 PM   
Larsenex

WoW, great stuff in there!

Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 2
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/9/2013 11:06:14 PM   
OzoneGrif_slith

Amazing patch, thank you !

Something strange happened just after my first construction ship was build, the Fully automated AI decided to cancel it's protection agreement with the pirates. Without defences ? The pirates started to shot my construction ship and the starport. Obviously I had to remove the auto-diplomacy.

It was gameover from here because, the pirates being angry at me, I couldn't afford their new protection deal.

< Message edited by OzoneGrif -- 12/10/2013 12:20:26 AM >

(in reply to Larsenex)
Post #: 3
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/9/2013 11:15:13 PM   
tombo

thanks much
cheers

(in reply to OzoneGrif_slith)
Post #: 4
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/9/2013 11:16:57 PM   
solops

Nice fixes, but my AV (Zone Alarm Extreme Security) program says the patch has a virus in it.

HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic

It claims it was high risk (?) and that it was treated. That has never happened before with a patch.

< Message edited by solops -- 12/10/2013 12:18:15 AM >

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to Larsenex)
Post #: 5
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/9/2013 11:21:12 PM   
Erik Rutins

That's a false positive, the update is virus free.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 6
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/9/2013 11:35:56 PM   
ricanuck

Notice the symbol HEUR before the description of the "virus"...

HEUR --> Heuristics, a.k.a. a probabilistic method to find patterns of behaviour. Your AV found one of those, and is programmed to report it as suspicious, but in reality did not find anything specific. Many times the code is just too sensitive and picks much more than it should.
quote:

ORIGINAL: solops

Nice fixes, but my AV (Zone Alarm Extreme Security) program says the patch has a virus in it.

It claims it was high risk (?) and that it was treated. That has never happened before with a patch.

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 7
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/10/2013 12:08:03 AM   
solops

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

That's a false positive, the update is virus free.

I rather thought as much, but it would have been irresponsible not to report it.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/10/2013 6:32:43 AM   
Icemania

Really looking forward to this patch.

Does the Members Club add any value beyond Beta? Yes I've read the Members Club description but what happens in reality specific to Distant Worlds?

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 9
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/10/2013 4:35:31 PM   
Lecivius

Can this be played over an existing game, or is a new one required? I suspect the later, but it never hurts to ask.

< Message edited by Lecivius -- 12/10/2013 5:37:24 PM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 10
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/10/2013 5:22:16 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

Should be able to continue after updating, but not all changes may be in effect.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 11
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/10/2013 8:32:03 PM   
sventhebold

Now what. The PC says it cannot access the file
Fixed
My anti virus was blocking it.
Even after shutting off the Anti virus it still keeps coming up and saying there is a problem.
Annoying.

< Message edited by sventhebold -- 12/11/2013 1:11:06 AM >

ssgt usaf 84-91 f-15a/c ops puke 525 tfs & 7th tfs

Post #: 12
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/10/2013 9:26:07 PM   
hewwo

Some good fixes! I hope the fleet behaviour is a bit more like I want it to be now :)

Too bad there's no revision of the resupply ship mechanics. But I'm still hopeful it gets looked at... eventually!

(in reply to sventhebold)
Post #: 13
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/10/2013 11:48:44 PM   
HectorOfTroy

quote:

ORIGINAL: sventhebold

Now what. The PC says it cannot access the file

Did you apply the update and you can't access your save game now?

(in reply to sventhebold)
Post #: 14
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/11/2013 3:45:04 PM   
PsyKoSnake

To instal the update and to play the game, I need to restore the file Quarantine by Kaspersky. Close Kaspersky, and remove my internet conection to avoid getting a real virus on the net.

When I stop playing, and acitvate Kaspersky, the Distant world.exe is then Quarantined, until I need to restore it and play the game again.

It's really anoying.

But thanks for the update.

PS: I really hope it's not a virus.

Post #: 15
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/11/2013 3:56:25 PM   
Algon

There should be a way to tell your antivirus program to ignore that file. I'm not familiar with Kaspersky, so I can't tell you where to find it, but it shouldn't be too hard to find if you open up the antivirus main console. If all else fails, or you're not feeling adventurous, read whatever instructions you have for it!

(in reply to PsyKoSnake)
Post #: 16
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/11/2013 8:49:35 PM   
PsyKoSnake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Algon

There should be a way to tell your antivirus program to ignore that file. I'm not familiar with Kaspersky, so I can't tell you where to find it, but it shouldn't be too hard to find if you open up the antivirus main console. If all else fails, or you're not feeling adventurous, read whatever instructions you have for it!

I manage to find how to make an exclusion in Kaspersky. Thanks. It will save a lot of trouble

(in reply to Algon)
Post #: 17
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/12/2013 8:32:49 AM   
Elrohir525

I've noticed in my current game with the beta patch that hyperdeny components onboard my ships never activate.

Edit: Hyperdeny on bases seems to work very well.

< Message edited by Elrohir525 -- 12/12/2013 10:30:55 AM >

(in reply to PsyKoSnake)
Post #: 18
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/12/2013 9:15:17 AM   
drmario89

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elrohir525

I've noticed in my current game with the beta patch that hyperdeny components onboard my ships never activate. I haven't seen whether hyperdeny on a base works or not.

I've noticed this too. I've also noticed that I sometimes tell myself to remove my military ships from my own systems. There's really no downside to it, besides it being ridiculous.

(in reply to Elrohir525)
Post #: 19
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/12/2013 11:13:51 AM   
ASHBERY76

quote:

I've noticed in my current game with the beta patch that hyperdeny components onboard my ships never activate.

Are you sure you have enough power.

(in reply to Elrohir525)
Post #: 20
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/12/2013 11:56:31 AM   
Elrohir525

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Are you sure you have enough power.

Yes, I'm certain--these ships all had power surpluses even after accounting for weapons, maneuvering, and shield recharge.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 21
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/13/2013 2:00:58 AM   
drmario89

I did manage to see my spaceport activate a hyperdeny field when it attacked a smuggling ship, so I guess that is working appropriately.

(in reply to Elrohir525)
Post #: 22
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/13/2013 2:22:50 AM   
PsyKoSnake

quote:

If you check his post, it's on the ship the problem, and not on base.

It's easy to check if it's a bug or not, build a ship with hyperdeny field and if it work corectly it's not a bug.

I cannot check this because I am playing other games at the moment.

(in reply to Elrohir525)
Post #: 23
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/13/2013 7:13:52 PM   
Otto von Blotto

I've noticed that in 1.9.0.12 the auto refit when available suggestion doesn't activate. Is it just me ? and I have changed a setting somewhere, when I check the policy it is still ticked to suggest refit when available but it isn't happening.

"Personal isn't the same as important"

(in reply to PsyKoSnake)
Post #: 24
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/13/2013 9:20:06 PM   
Buio

quote:

ORIGINAL: solops

One thing you can do when your local antivirus reports something like this (for any file) is to upload the file to Virustotal or similar site for scanning by a big amount of antivirus programs.

I did it for this update and got 2/49 alerts (one is from an outdated program), which points to a false positive.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/a98c27a2c1c805ffe70a4ae0e120a70f1aeee1cd760069720432c1031af43144/analysis/1386971951/

That way you can see if you get many warnings, which points to high risk file.

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 25
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/14/2013 10:02:35 PM   
SpeedyGonzales

New patch? Great!
Let me see... RESOURCES AND FREIGHTERS... huh... Developers, can you answer me: WHY YOU CAN'T DO OPTIONAL RESOURCE DEPLETION!?!?!? Tell me one good reason! Space Empires V had this option, why you can't do the same?

(in reply to Buio)
Post #: 26
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/15/2013 6:16:59 AM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge
DIFFICULTY LEVELS

Some feedback 15 years into my first game with the 1.9.0.12 Beta to test the change above on Extreme. I have $2.5M of spare credits despite having 0% tax on all my worlds while funding large fleets (only limited by how fast I can build), new colonies and crash research. All of this has been funded by selling technology. It remains the case that the only choice for experienced players is to avoid technology selling as it's completely gamechanging.

Just how significant were these changes? As I've mentioned elsewhere technologies are overpriced by something like a factor of 10 on Extreme.

< Message edited by Icemania -- 12/15/2013 7:23:10 AM >

Post #: 27
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/15/2013 8:02:55 PM   
arkhometha

Wow, great stuff. Thanks!

Post #: 28
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/15/2013 8:24:48 PM   
PsyKoSnake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge
DIFFICULTY LEVELS

Some feedback 15 years into my first game with the 1.9.0.12 Beta to test the change above on Extreme. I have $2.5M of spare credits despite having 0% tax on all my worlds while funding large fleets (only limited by how fast I can build), new colonies and crash research. All of this has been funded by selling technology. It remains the case that the only choice for experienced players is to avoid technology selling as it's completely gamechanging.

Just how significant were these changes? As I've mentioned technologies are overpriced by something like a factor of 10 on Extreme.

Please take this into consideration and ajust the price of selling tech

< Message edited by PsyKoSnake -- 12/15/2013 9:25:35 PM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 29
RE: DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 - 12/15/2013 10:08:15 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

Ran the updater to 1.9.0.12 which reported a successful update, and when I click 'Play' absolutely nothing happens. Task Manager doesn't even report a process starting.
Reverted to 0.11 and all works normally.

(in reply to PsyKoSnake)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> DW Shadows Public Beta 1.9.0.12 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI