Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

End Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> End Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
End Game - 4/30/2000 7:13:00 PM   
kfbaker

This is an issue that all the steal panthers and most ssi titles have been week on. It has always seemend to be some sort of after thought but is verry frustrationg to those who play. What I am talking about is when you have completed your campaign, War. Steal one just quites back to the start and does not even give you a final score, you have to make note of the one before. But what does this score mean, is 100 points good, avarage, poor or what? Nobody knows. Cinsidering you have been working to this final score for months this left me bemused the first time, thats it. This need to be finished properly and go to a sort of high score table at least, with say set generals names like rommel, model, pattern in the table with scores to give use some idea of what we have acheived. To finish the game even better still it would be nice to be able to click on any score on the table to bring up battle victories scores. major, minor etc, tank kills and so on. The final finishing touch would be to add a medal system to scoring at the end of each battle and this would also be shown against your record. Ie. Knights cross 1st class etc. An additional way of playing the game would be career mode, starting as a squad leader, luetent and rising through the ranks to a 5 star general. At this late stage we are talking later add ons.

Post #: 1
- 4/30/2000 11:14:00 PM   
Drake666

I agree with you their kfbaker. A lot of other war games do the same thing. They just dont give you the info and stuff you want to see after doing all of that work to get their. I would love to see all of the things you just posted add to this game.

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 2
- 5/1/2000 1:34:00 AM   
troopie

I would like to be able to award decorations to leaders who have done well. But I tend to look at the over all picture. If I have kept my units intact, won battles and accomplished my objectives then I, personally, do not need points or a high score table to tell me how I've done. And we can't all get the Honoris Crux every time. troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 3
- 5/1/2000 5:47:00 AM   
Big.Toe

Yeah, some kind of High Score table and summary at the end of a campaign needs to be added. This would add a sense of 'completeness' to the game.

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 4
- 5/1/2000 8:03:00 AM   
cragwolf

Not just for campaigns and battles but also for individual scenarios, I would like to see statistics. And tons of it. Obviously, things like tank kills & casualties inflicted (for each unit, including units that were destroyed). But also less obvious things. Something like what Unreal Tournament does with ngStats. There you even get colourful graphs showing various statistics from the game. I really love poring over statistics. I spent a couple of hundred dollars buying a really huge book with tables and graphs of statistics from WWII. So, yeah, it would be nice if you could output the stats of a scenario to a text file. You could compile quite a collection. cragwolf;

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 5
- 5/1/2000 8:23:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

As it stands right now the end game is pretty much the same as SP1 or SP3. We will look into the possibilty of making such changes, but it likely would not be for some time. ...what is the title of the book you mention cragwolf, and what sort of "charts and graphs" of statistics does it have? [This message has been edited by Paul Vebber (edited 04-30-2000).]

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 6
- 5/1/2000 8:32:00 PM   
Seth

I think some sort of high score list for completed campaigns might be kind of fun. It would be nice to be able to compare how you just did with how you'd done before.

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 7
- 5/2/2000 3:31:00 AM   
nikb

I agree, it would add a further dimension to the game by providing an indepth results and debriefing area. I always find it interesting to compare the results after each scenario - tanks destroyed etc (though not to the depth of Cragwolf). Seth, I thought there was a high score table for campaigns (was that SP1??) Nik [This message has been edited by nikb (edited 05-01-2000).]

Nik

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 8
- 5/2/2000 3:54:00 AM   
Seth

Hmm... Maybe there was. I really don't remember. I thought you just won, and that was it.

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 9
- 5/2/2000 4:45:00 AM   
Drake666

In SP1 you get nothing really at the end. In SP2 you would get some info, like number of tanks and infantry destroyed. That was not to bad, at list you could get a idea of how will you did.

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 10
- 5/2/2000 4:53:00 AM   
cragwolf

quote:

...what is the title of the book you mention cragwolf, and what sort of "charts and graphs" of statistics does it have?
I don't have the book with me at my current residence, and I don't recall the name of the title, but I'll be able to find it out later this week. It was a big hardcover book containing mainly tables, but also graphs, which cover statistics that would, for example, be of use to someone designing an operational or grand-strategic wargame. Casualty figures, production stats (e.g. raw materials, arms, vehicles, tanks, ships etc) and lend-lease info. It was around $200 Australian, so probably nearer to $100 US.

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 11
- 5/2/2000 7:19:00 PM   
Wild Bill

For those not familiar with the tally sheet at the end of a scenario or campaign, SP games give you totals. You can see how many units you lost and the enemy lost. You can open each side and further see the damage caused to each unit that survived. The final score of points is given. A less than 3 to 1 victory is a draw. +3-1 is a minor victory. 8-1 and above is a decisive victory. Points are attained by (1) gaining objectives, (2) enemy losses, and (3) your own losses (deducted). Thus you might take all objectives and still not get a decisive if you have suffered excessive losses to take them. I find that the report is rather complete. What I want is to be able to open the map at the end and look over the battlefield in detail. Maybe I'll get it in a future patch. I'll try (G)! WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> End Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI