Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What are you playing these days?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What are you playing these days? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/1/2013 12:57:26 AM   
2ndACR

Scourge of War has my undivided attention right now. Playing co-op against the AI is a blast, versus each other is also fun as heck.

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 31
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/1/2013 1:36:52 AM   
baloo7777

TOF- PBEM
ATG (vs AI)
CoH recently purchased (so just starting to play)
SP-WAW (long term campaign-watchtower)
Command Ops-BFTB (watching tutorials)

ATG has most of my attention at the moment. Great game. Would like to get MWIF and start learning soon.

JRR

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 32
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/1/2013 1:48:24 AM   
parusski

GGWITW
Panzercorps-DMP Ostfront Add on 4.11
Civil War 2
Civ 5 - Brave New World

And Resident Evil with the wifey.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Post #: 33
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/1/2013 2:16:19 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Last week I finally finished the tutorial scenario for Squad Battles Eagles Strike. Decided today to play a quick battle with CMBO instead. I still like that old game.

Combat Mission to me is what all other tactical combat sim/strat games are compared to . The Battlefront group is second to none. Matrix/Slitherine are a very very close second!

Patrick

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 34
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/1/2013 5:11:46 PM   
berto

The Campaign Series, of course. Hankering to play WITP:AE (Symon's DBB PI scenario). If JTS releases a new American Civil War title for Christmas, it's an automatic buy, and I'll try to play a bit of that too. So many games, so little time...

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 35
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/1/2013 5:15:37 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Last week I finally finished the tutorial scenario for Squad Battles Eagles Strike. Decided today to play a quick battle with CMBO instead. I still like that old game.

Combat Mission to me is what all other tactical combat sim/strat games are compared to . The Battlefront group is second to none. Matrix/Slitherine are a very very close second!

Patrick

The Combat Mission series lost a few stars from me (2) when they took out TCP/IP play from the turn based players or those that played WEGO online with the older game. I don't mind them adding things like rts to the main game, that's no biggie as long as there is an OPTION to play WEGO which they did, but, they totally removed the TCP/IP way to play for us turn based players and only made online available to rts players. Of course there is still PBEM, but I didn't play most of my games online PBEM I was a big fan of TCP/IP type play.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 36
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/2/2013 3:15:56 AM   
dougo33

I bought the add-ons for Skyrim so I am trying to plow through it. I also bought Pandora and have been playing it quite a bit.
I also have bought a few games from the sale that are lined up for play next when I find the time.

< Message edited by dougo33 -- 12/2/2013 4:17:03 AM >

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 37
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/2/2013 4:19:19 AM   
Ranger33

Out of all the games I've purchased lately I am really digging Advanced Tactics Gold. I like how you can start with nothing and then build up a military, the frontlines naturally forming according to resources and terrain. At first it seems like I have more men and gear than I could possibly need, a couple turns later I'm desperately trying to get more troops to the front to blunt an enemy advance!

I really wish there was some way to automate the production end of things a bit, but I guess with practice you can plan things out more efficiently. I tend to end up with a big mish-mash of stuff at HQ.

(in reply to dougo33)
Post #: 38
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/2/2013 12:14:53 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

Out of all the games I've purchased lately I am really digging Advanced Tactics Gold. I like how you can start with nothing and then build up a military, the frontlines naturally forming according to resources and terrain. At first it seems like I have more men and gear than I could possibly need, a couple turns later I'm desperately trying to get more troops to the front to blunt an enemy advance!

I really wish there was some way to automate the production end of things a bit, but I guess with practice you can plan things out more efficiently. I tend to end up with a big mish-mash of stuff at HQ.

There is, get a little game called Empire Deluxe from killerbee software. Simple game and really the one that inspired ATG. It won't give you a headache playing it and it's very challenging and the production can be automated.

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 39
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/2/2013 12:37:14 PM   
Twotribes

I also play a little game called Operation Olympic. Haven't managed to win yet. I meet the objectives as assigned but lose to many men doing it.

Post #: 40
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/2/2013 5:45:46 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Civil War 2 (PBEM)
WitP AE (AI)
Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl (second time)
Left4Dead (die pigs die!!!)

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 41
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/3/2013 8:20:50 PM   
Aurelian

About to play Steam and Iron.

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 42
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/4/2013 10:17:29 PM   
comte

A lot of Fallout Tactics.

But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.

-Machiavelli, Il Principe, Book III-

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 43
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/4/2013 10:40:00 PM   
wodin

Itching to get hold of Wings Over Flanders Field!!

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 44
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/5/2013 6:07:31 AM   
Boomer78

Feeling very guilty and having intense fun with Hotline Miami. Killing tons of bad guys in a retro 80s bloodbath of neon and ninja swords was never so much fun.

Oh, and it's REALLY hard. Insanely, rip-your-hair-out-and-go-take-a-coffee-break kind of hard.

"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 45
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/5/2013 9:44:04 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

What games interest you today and why?

I can't seem to find what I'm looking for or wanting to play ...

Game sims are like a menu; even if you're fond of a certain dish, you don't want to eat it every day, so I have a variety of games from different periods with different engines; everytime one of them gets a new patch, my interest in it is peaked.

I dunno, everytime I goto Papacito's (a mexican restaurant) I always get the 2-3 enchilada platter with chips and dip and flour tortilla's and butter, lots of butter, lots of creamy butter. lol

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 46
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/5/2013 10:04:39 PM   
Will_L_OLD

Civil War II
Baldurs Gate The Original Saga
King of Dragon Pass

Post #: 47
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/16/2013 9:03:48 PM   
Boomer78

Grabbed the Panzer Corps ultimate supreme awesome limited edition mega campaign pack here the other day... I really have to stop this game buying. Too many deal, too many games, too little time.

Yeah, Panzer Corps is tough. I've won a few scenarios... barely. But it seems the AI ratchets up the difficulty just when you think you're doing well. Love the beer and pretzel nature of the game. I can sip a few cold ones and take my time deciding just how and when I want to lose.

"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"

(in reply to Will_L_OLD)
Post #: 48
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/16/2013 10:25:24 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Now Playing DAK2(boardgame) and nothing else at the moment.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

Post #: 49
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/16/2013 10:29:57 PM   
wodin

Wings Over Flanders Field. Silent Hunter 5 with large mod soup. Conquest of Elysium 3. Flashpoint Campaigns (about to test a user made scenario)

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 50
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/17/2013 11:51:22 PM   
Agathosdaimon

I have started some PBEM games with Commander Napoleon at War and find it a really far better game than peole gave it credit for. It is heavily abstracted but it works and it has some nice details regarding units and how combat ratios are calculated. I like it and hope that some further updates will be done for it in the near future

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 51
RE: What are you playing these days? - 12/18/2013 2:30:52 AM   
sweeteye

I have been playing a computerized 10 pin bowling game lately...."Bowling Evolution" it is called.Most of the bowling games I looked at were not very good but this one did get my attention.The game has a crashing bug which for me is remedied by turning off the sound.I find it enjoyable though...does not take much thought....I also made a miniature bowling lane that sits on a table. Made with a seven foot by seven inch board with One and three fourth inch pins.Shooter marble for bowling balls.Gutters made from foam board and covered in felt.Have been having trouble looking at a computer screen for very long and have turned to more conventional hands on games.Anyways,that is what I am doing as of late...Hope everyone has a good holiday season!

Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

Post #: 52
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What are you playing these days? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI