Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Netplay bugs: Port strike

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Netplay bugs: Port strike Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Netplay bugs: Port strike - 12/21/2013 1:02:33 AM   
Lingering Frey

During a netplay game, we experienced a game ending bug on the second impulse of the first turn. The commonwealth did a port-strike during the DoW surprise impulse on German ships in Stettin. On the Allied side, he was able to assign surprise points and choose damaged ships. On the Axis side, the game was permanently in the Port Attack: Defensive Anti-Air phase. We reloaded the game three times from our save and it happened each time. We couldn't continue so we decided to start the game over again to see if it would happen in a new game.

I have the save game files but do not know how to post them for you.
Post #: 1
RE: Netplay bugs: Port strike - 12/21/2013 2:29:01 AM   
Sabre21

Bloodybill and I had the same type of problem and then some with Port attacks.

In the first case, Bill made a port attack against the Polish squadron that was in a port all alone. He destroyed it and it was removed from my screen but it remained on his. We went to the Reinforcement Queue form (cntrl-q) and looked at the destroyed list. The ship unit was listed on my computer but not his. This was a surprise port attack by the way. We went to reload and saw that we had different entry numbers on the auto savegame.

So we loaded an earlier save that matched entry numbers and I repositioned a Polish ground unit into that same port with the ships. Bill then made a surprise attack using the Nav air unit and everything worked smoothly.

Next impulse when the Brits and French declare war, I made a part attack into Kiel with 2 British air units. See the screenshot below. The game locked up at that point and we had to reload an earlier save and not do any port attacks to continue on. Note the greyed out button used to advance the game to the next phase. It never became highlighted.

I will be opening another post with several other bugs we encountered that will include both mine and Bill's before and after savegames for this and the other issues.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Sabre21 -- 12/21/2013 3:30:48 AM >

(in reply to Lingering Frey)
Post #: 2
RE: Netplay bugs: Port strike - 12/21/2013 3:20:39 AM   
Sabre21

Hey Brian...I'll walk you thru the steps to post a savegame or other attachment. In this case when you want to post a savegame, you need to make sure it is zipped.

1. If you are using Windows OS, make a copy of the savegame file (I usually make a copy to my desktop), then right click onto the file. A window pops up and scroll down the list to "Send to" then click on Compressed folder.

2. Go to the bottom or top left of the thread you want to attach the file to and click on "post reply" not the other "fast reply". This opens a pop-up where you can attach documents or jpeg's.

3. Make whatever type written entry you want to make in the box provided and when ready to attach a file or picture click on the "Click here to upload" on the bottom left of that window.

4. Another pop-up appears that allws you to browse your computer. Select the zip file from wherever you placed it and click OK. Once loaded it will let you know and you will need to click OK again.

5. In the case of a picture that you want displayed, make sure you also click on the "Embed picture in post" box that is just to the right of the "Click here to upload" label in step 3 above.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Sabre21 -- 12/21/2013 4:25:23 AM >

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Netplay bugs: Port strike Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI