Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where's the Matrix Page showing Who's Who???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Where's the Matrix Page showing Who's Who??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where's the Matrix Page showing Who's Who??? - 12/8/2013 12:02:36 AM   
geozero

There used to be a page showing who was who at Matrix, with their photos and titles, etc. Where's that at nowadays?

Is there a Paul Vebber??? Not sure if I am spelling the name correctly. Is he around anymore?

JUST SAY NO... To Hideous Graphics.
Post #: 1
RE: Where's the Matrix Page showing Who's Who??? - 12/8/2013 10:29:38 AM   
IainMcNeil

It was so out of date it didn't make any sense so is being redone but so much going on so its not a priority - it was about 10 years old! Paul Vebber has never been at Matrix Games. He may have been a developer on the Football game at some point as the name is familiar?

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to geozero)
Post #: 2
RE: Where's the Matrix Page showing Who's Who??? - 12/8/2013 1:26:14 PM   
junk2drive

There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum for Fantasy Football that was started by Paul Vebber.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 3
RE: Where's the Matrix Page showing Who's Who??? - 12/14/2013 11:58:42 PM   
geozero

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

It was so out of date it didn't make any sense so is being redone but so much going on so its not a priority - it was about 10 years old! Paul Vebber has never been at Matrix Games. He may have been a developer on the Football game at some point as the name is familiar?

Paul worked on or headed a game design called Combat Leader of which I was a part of as well. It was a super cool game idea and design. We tirelessly worked on all sorts of weapon systems, data stats, calibers, rates of fire, etc. It was to be a Steel Panthers on steroids type game. Just reminiscing.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 4
RE: Where's the Matrix Page showing Who's Who??? - 12/15/2013 12:40:02 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

Off topic. Edited

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 12/15/2013 5:44:34 AM >

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to geozero)
Post #: 5
RE: Where's the Matrix Page showing Who's Who??? - 12/22/2013 2:19:22 PM   
Paul Vebber

Actually, I was one of the original founders of Matrix, and did a lot of work on SP:WaW and many other early Matrix releases and a lot of work on these forums. Coming off active duty in the Navy, my defense contractor job gave me a lot of flexibility to work my day job and Matrix. Unfortunately, I had to make a choice between "going all in" on Matrix, or take a job doing wargaming and related work for the Navy. CL did not survive the decision and I feel really bad about that to this day...that failure to launch was on me. Then I kind of faded away from the Matrix scene over time as I got busier, the kids grew up, and I moved up the food chain in my day job.

I continued to run the Matrix fantasy leagues and throw some ideas around a Beta effort here or there, until I had a series of health issues. Thankfully they are nearly resolved now. I keep an eye on what's going on here, and its really gratifying to see what a handful of us started like 15 years ago as a way to "fix Steel Panthers" has blossomed into the success the "next generation" has made it ;)

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 6
RE: Where's the Matrix Page showing Who's Who??? - 12/22/2013 2:35:09 PM   
junk2drive

Thanks for posting from another old timer that came here for SP.

Shame that Iain doesn't know who you are. Time marches on I guess.

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 7
RE: Where's the Matrix Page showing Who's Who??? - 12/22/2013 4:41:08 PM   
geozero

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paul Vebber

Actually, I was one of the original founders of Matrix, and did a lot of work on SP:WaW and many other early Matrix releases and a lot of work on these forums. Coming off active duty in the Navy, my defense contractor job gave me a lot of flexibility to work my day job and Matrix. Unfortunately, I had to make a choice between "going all in" on Matrix, or take a job doing wargaming and related work for the Navy. CL did not survive the decision and I feel really bad about that to this day...that failure to launch was on me. Then I kind of faded away from the Matrix scene over time as I got busier, the kids grew up, and I moved up the food chain in my day job.

I continued to run the Matrix fantasy leagues and throw some ideas around a Beta effort here or there, until I had a series of health issues. Thankfully they are nearly resolved now. I keep an eye on what's going on here, and its really gratifying to see what a handful of us started like 15 years ago as a way to "fix Steel Panthers" has blossomed into the success the "next generation" has made it ;)

Paul... great to hear from you. I fully understand the need to balance work, careers, family and kids. That has taken me for many odd turns the last 15+ years as well.

Is there any way anyone can take up the reigns on CL? Who has the code? Who is the owner of the IP, etc.? I only ask because it would be a shame to see such a great promising title (yet another) disappear simply because there was no one manning it. There are a great many talented people here at Matrix, Slitherine, and elsewhere, and a huge hardcore fan base that would jump at the chance to work on this and see it released. I for one would love to see it, though not necessarily have a lot of time (like you my time balance prevents me from just being a casual gamer these days). Having said that I feel there is a possibility that this could get done.

THOUGHTS?

Post #: 8
RE: Where's the Matrix Page showing Who's Who??? - 12/24/2013 8:59:11 PM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil
Paul Vebber has never been at Matrix Games. He may have been a developer on the Football game at some point as the name is familiar?

Post #: 9
RE: Where's the Matrix Page showing Who's Who??? - 12/24/2013 9:46:50 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: geozero

There used to be a page showing who was who at Matrix, with their photos and titles, etc. Where's that at nowadays?

David Heath took it with him.

(in reply to geozero)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Where's the Matrix Page showing Who's Who??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI