Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Advanced ASW Exercise scenario issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Advanced ASW Exercise scenario issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advanced ASW Exercise scenario issues - 12/22/2013 4:09:20 PM   
Shemar

I played the new version of the Advanced ASW exercise scenario yesterday and noticed some odd behaviors:

- Nimrod surface search radar detects biologicals and classifies them as sub contacts.
- Aircarft in ASW patrol will attack these contacts. I had dissallowed AI firing so they were perpetually stuck hovering over them instead of trying to actually patrol. Dropping all targets would allow them to go to one new spot and dip their sonars but would resume trying to attack the biologicals as soon as that was done. Very annoying.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to classify contacts as neutral/friendly/harmless so that units on missions will ignore them? Had I not dissalowed AI firing, would they be wasting their torpedoes on the tuna or whatever these contacts were?

< Message edited by Shemar -- 12/22/2013 5:10:12 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Advanced ASW Exercise scenario issues - 12/22/2013 4:25:46 PM   
kaburke61

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shemar

I played the new version of the Advanced ASW exercise scenario yesterday and noticed some odd behaviors:

- Nimrod surface search radar detects biologicals and classifies them as sub contacts.
- Aircarft in ASW patrol will attack these contacts. I had dissallowed AI firing so they were perpetually stuck hovering over them instead of trying to actually patrol. Dropping all targets would allow them to go to one new spot and dip their sonars but would resume trying to attack the biologicals as soon as that was done. Very annoying.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to classify contacts as neutral/friendly/harmless so that units on missions will ignore them? Had I not dissalowed AI firing, would they be wasting their torpedoes on the tuna or whatever these contacts were?

+100 to this. I was playing that scenario yesterday (it now scores correctly...Thanks Devs!) But constantly trying to get the Air assets to leave the Tuna and Whale population alone is tiring. They REALLY need to add the ability to classify "neutral" potential targets.

(in reply to Shemar)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Advanced ASW Exercise scenario issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI