Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

NetPlay Axis DOW Bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Axis DOW Bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NetPlay Axis DOW Bug - 12/18/2013 7:01:46 PM   
abchambe

Scenario is Missed the Bus, Jul/Aug 1940 (both playing 1.06).

The bug I could not get around last night is that if the Axis does not do a DOW in the DOW phase, after all the Axis minor country DOW screens are done, the game hangs at a US Entry Action screen, and neither player can proceed with the game, as the end of phase/subphase button is greyed out (as is the end of phase command on the command line).

I played three axis impulses last night. First impulse (second of the Jul/Aug turn), Italy declared war on Greece, and there were no DOW issues. Second impulse last night, Germany declared on Yugoslavia, and there were no issues. Third impulse, there were no Axis declarations, and the game hung as described. We reloaded back to the start of the DOW phase, and the game hung at the same spot. We reloaded to the Weather phase, and proceeded until the game froze at the same spot. We reloaded to the end of the previous Allied impulse, and proceeded until the game hung at the same spot again in the DOW phase. Finally, we reloaded again, and at the Axis minor DOW phase I declared war on Haiti, and the game proceeded (but the US got to pull 2 entry chits for the DOW on Haiti).

There were no issues with the Allies not making a DOW during their phases. Last week, when we set up the Missed the Bus scenario and played the first impulse of the turn, we were playing using v. 1.05 where we experience the Axis DOWs being ignored. I am also playing the Missed the Bus scenario in a solitaire game and I have not experienced this problem.

I suspect this problem could be related to the fix that was implemented with 1.06.
Post #: 1
RE: NetPlay Axis DOW Bug - 12/25/2013 5:18:01 PM   
pilauer@bluewin.ch

Hi,

Same problem here. We have the 1.07 version and there is still this problem. Any help ?

(in reply to abchambe)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Axis DOW Bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI