Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/23/2013 11:19:44 PM   
moore4807

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

quote:

Here's the list and you will see that 4 of them are mildly damaged.

Yes, but half of them are Nevada and Oklahoma, which are inferior even for the WWI-type battlewagons.

So noted Capt. - whats the recommendation then? Are they worth sending back to Alameda or Mare Is for refit? Both you listed are around 120 days for complete repair, All the others are anywhere from 250 to 556 days...

I want to clear out P.H. so I can make it a forward base for the next six months, (and I fear John is brazen enough to come back to P.H. for a rematch there) so any advice is most welcome.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 271
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/23/2013 11:24:45 PM   
moore4807

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

Here's what happened at Pago Pago last night. I obviously need to move my transit station location to Tahiti or somewhere else.
Pago Pago is just too close to Canton Island and John can sortie DD's to hit my port etc.

I have a SCTF headed down there to eliminate his SCTF of DD's... also ASW is on my calling card there, so don't abandon hope for Pago Pago - most of the other islands are not stackable to the extent Pago Pago is and its very friendly to shipping lanes... Give me a month to get it under control and Gas Station/Grocery Store will be rid of those pesky hoodlums and open for business!!!!

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 272
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/23/2013 11:34:21 PM   
moore4807

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

Something that just occured to me was that I should be building forts in all the important Java cities.

Larry,

It's your area of Operations, but from what I know from playing the Allies is you lose ALL of Java in early 1942, so pick ONE base and send everybody who will fit under the stacking limits to it (sorbebaja comes to mind). You are going to lose it too - but it gives you the longest time to hold it while he is pounding it to rubble, which means he has to fix it afterwards costing him supply and engineers!

There may be others with better ideas (hiding out in jungle hexes is another one) I never had much luck vs my other Japanese opponent when I tried that. He usually sends a Div to roll up the stragglers, none of the Dutch units can stand up to them!

Post #: 273
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/23/2013 11:57:41 PM   
moore4807

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Random comments:
RA keeps the IJA the same as stock scenario 1. Only the IJN is changed.

Any hidden secrets here? Bueller?

quote:

If you set your FP at 1000' for Naval Attack, they will use their LowN skill vs NavB skills.

OK from reading the complaints in the general forums, which is better? - I know John3rd is using Jakes like crazy to bomb too. I have NO complaints if we both can do this...

quote:

Cape Town - I would send two American divisions here via Eastern USA by Strat Mode. You don't have to spend PP point until you need to move them out of CT. Thus, they can go to either India or Australia.

Any suggestions? I am looking at some of the split Div's (P.H./S.F) to put together, but hesitant to use up 900-1200 PP for something I can't use. Well dont I sound like a petulant child??? I don't mean it to sound this way but the PP's are all we have to reinforce OZ/INDIA/CONUS too.

quote:

Device/Squads - Like others have stated, you will need to use the "Stockpile" option to "Y" for certain things. See screenshot for what i have now. I messed up and had had the Lewis MG as "N" and a divided Indian division had the "B" upgrade from Vicker MG to Lewis. Other players can give you other devices/squads that you may want to do.

This is a little advanced for me just yet, I still get overwhelmed sometimes by just keeping an eye on the withdrawls and movements! Experts- Please withold your sigh of despair , I'm learning every day and just when I think I understand "it" I learn I really have no idea of the depth I'm into with this game!

BTW - a BIG thank you to Michael for his e-mails with advice, spreadsheets, past game experiences and observations... It is greatly appreciated!

AND plenty of love for everybody here who has freely shared their experiences here and made our game and AAR such an enjoyable read - take a bow yourselves - we salute you!

< Message edited by moore4807 -- 12/24/2013 12:59:09 AM >

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 274
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/24/2013 12:44:51 AM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

So noted Capt. - whats the recommendation then? Are they worth sending back to Alameda or Mare Is for refit? Both you listed are around 120 days for complete repair, All the others are anywhere from 250 to 556 days...

For whatever my advice is worth, I would send them to Dutch Harbor. They would be less vulnerable to Japanese airpower during the winter months, and you might be able to fend off an invasion TF. After the winter, sending them to Bremerton for a refit might be a good idea.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 275
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/24/2013 12:47:29 AM   
moore4807

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Dec 21, 41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pago Pago (Gas Station/Grocery Store) is harrassed by John's DD's

Night Time Surface Combat, near Pago Pago at 148,161, Range 2,000 Yards
Japanese Ships
DD Shiratsuyu, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Shigure
DD Yugure
DD Ariake

Allied Ships
AMC Esterel, Shell hits 13, Torpedo hits 4, and is sunk
AMC Victor Schoelcher, Shell hits 5, on fire

Night Time Surface Combat, near Pago Pago at 148,161, Range 4,000 Yards
Japanese Ships
DD Shiratsuyu, on fire
DD Shigure
DD Yugure
DD Ariake

Allied Ships
KV Chevreuil
PG D'Iberville, Shell hits 2, on fire
KV La Batailleuse, Shell hits 16, and is sunk

Japanese Ships
DD Shiratsuyu, on fire
DD Shigure
DD Yugure
DD Ariake

Allied Ships
xAK Irenee Du Pont, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk

Japanese Ships
DD Shiratsuyu, on fire
DD Shigure, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Yugure
DD Ariake

Allied Ships
CVL Charlotte, Shell hits 1
CA Pensacola, Shell hits 1
DD Sands
DD King
DD Lawrence

Examples of how heavily John has saturated the SE Pacific...

Submarine attack near Palmyra at 170,133
Japanese Ships
SS I-173

Allied Ships
xAP Raranga, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage

Sub attack near Pearl Harbor at 179,107
Japanese Ships
SS I-171

Allied Ships
PC Reliance
PC Tiger

Manila VERY quiet this turn, where's the bomb's?

Morning Air attack on Manila , at 79,77
Weather in hex: Overcast
Raid detected at 15 NM, estimated altitude 27,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 4 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 9

Allied aircraft
P-40B Warhawk x 3
P-40E Warhawk x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 1 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x A6M2 Zero sweeping at 26000 feet

Starting to think really hard about these float bombings <grin>

Morning Air attack on TF, near Lucena at 79,79
Weather in hex: Partial cloud
Raid spotted at 17 NM, estimated altitude 6,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 8 minutes

Allied aircraft
SOC-1 Seagull x 5

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
xAK Taketoyo Maru
xAK Eiko Maru #2, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x SOC-1 Seagull bombing from 5000 feet
Naval Attack: 2 x 250 lb SAP Bomb

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 276
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/24/2013 2:07:49 AM   
ny59giants

Jim,

Where the 'bleep' are all your PBYs??
If you are getting hit by DDs at Pago Pago, then I would have a PBY group at Pago Pago, Suva, Palmrya, and Johnson. Assign specific patrol arcs to each. Then use the Hot Key "Z" to show those arcs and adjust so they cover the most and don't leave open areas.

Pull up my Jan 1st or 15th file to see what I have down there.

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 277
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/24/2013 11:09:27 AM   
Encircled

One thing I would say is that all those bases might be in danger as there isn't a right lot behind them as bases. Lose Johnston/Palmyra and your route to Sydney is going to be a bit fraught!

Marine Defence battalions are ideal for those locations!

If you don't have warning of Japanese naval movement, then he's going to take a fearful toll of your shipping.

And, once you identified the KB, you can use your stuff were he ain't!

I'd have your AVD's in advanced locations as well, as they can provide air support for float planes.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 278
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/24/2013 11:20:05 AM   
Encircled

And regarding India and Oz, you need to be planning now, fortifying Bombay/Karachi, maybe considering a withdrawal from Ceylon to give you more troops in India proper.

If you have the troops, fortify likely invasion ports, BUT START FROM THE REAR AND WORK FORWARD.

Naff all point in piling your troops into Chittagong if he can just land behind you!

You should have all five Oz divisions combined and training in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane, and building up these places. Anything else is risky as he can just land anywhere on the coast.

Might be worth pulling the 17th Indian out of Burma (if thats were it is) and into India proper as well.

(in reply to Encircled)
Post #: 279
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/24/2013 2:19:37 PM   
Lecivius

+1 to above.

You need recon more than bombers now. And you need to consider you can't defend him much atm, you need to build up places that are a REAL stretch for him. Not the historical sites, but the game sites. That was (one of) my biggest mistakes in my first PBEM, defending historical. This is a game, not a simulator.

(in reply to Encircled)
Post #: 280
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/24/2013 2:50:35 PM   
moore4807

quote:

Jim,

Where the 'bleep' are all your PBYs??
If you are getting hit by DDs at Pago Pago, then I would have a PBY group at Pago Pago, Suva, Palmrya, and Johnson. Assign specific patrol arcs to each. Then use the Hot Key "Z" to show those arcs and adjust so they cover the most and don't leave open areas.

Pull up my Jan 1st or 15th file to see what I have down there.

OK! OK! <grin> I GET it!

I have two pix to show where the PBY's are, The CONUS PBY's, half the groups are restricted to the West Coast & doing ASW work around S.D./L.A/S.F. The others are up near Seattle filling out the squadrons and doing ASW there.. Johnston Is got its PBY's searching and I sent a tender there too. The Palmyra PBY's are searching and its tender was sunk earlier... Suva is a Aussie/Commonwealth base, so Larry has to answer for that... I had the SBD-1's at Pago Pago doing ASW work until I caught sight of John's CVTF heading southwest towards Pago Pago... They are now 50% Search and Naval attack/Rest...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 281
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/24/2013 2:55:57 PM   
Encircled

You need to buy those out asap!

Ideally, you need interlocking search arcs from the Aleutians to the east coast of Oz

There is a gap between the aleutians and Pearl that you just can't cover, but subs and some picket ships can cover that.

You do not want any CVTF sneaking up on you!

< Message edited by Encircled -- 12/24/2013 3:56:31 PM >

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 282
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/24/2013 3:04:09 PM   
moore4807

Her's the rest of the PBY page.

quote:

Encircled

One thing I would say is that all those bases might be in danger as there isn't a right lot behind them as bases. Lose Johnston/Palmyra and your route to Sydney is going to be a bit fraught!

Marine Defence battalions are ideal for those locations!

If you don't have warning of Japanese naval movement, then he's going to take a fearful toll of your shipping.

And, once you identified the KB, you can use your stuff were he ain't!

I'd have your AVD's in advanced locations as well, as they can provide air support for float planes.

Encircled - I agree with all your posting - there's just one little problem... Having John cooperate! As noted above John has sunk a lot of my initial supply and support ships I was sending to these Islands. The PBY groups came in at half strength and I had to wait for them to build up at bases with significant supply first.

There simply is not enough PP's to do everything that is being suggested at once. I have some PBY groups available and am going to move them, I can't just put them in the middle of John's rampage without knowing I can save them too. John is putting a lot of pressure on the SE Pacific with his Subs and KB (mini?) down there. I can't match the airpower he's brought and have undefended ships/planes just keep getting picked off... Maybe I'm too conservative, but part of this is Larry has control over NON-US bases, and he has to be on board with all this too.

Now I'll stop whining and get planning - I will be out of town at the in laws but should be back shortly thereafter and will pick this back up

Again Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming!!!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 283
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/24/2013 6:27:53 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: moore4807

quote:

Random comments:
RA keeps the IJA the same as stock scenario 1. Only the IJN is changed.

Any hidden secrets here? Bueller?

I think J-III based RA on DaBabes, which might have some changes in IJA (I don't remember). Either way, the secret (that's what you asked about, right??) is to make a separate installation of the game (as you already do for different PBM's, right?), and in that separate install folder start up a game of the same scenario that you are playing but with you as the Japanese (vs AI or head to head doesn't matter). Start up a Tracker database for it, too. That way you can look at things that you want to see. Obviously you will get no Intel on the current game, but you will get Intel about the scenario.

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 284
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/24/2013 6:55:23 PM   
ny59giants

Spend the PP to buy out your USA based PBYs. Maybe one or two stay back.

Get them to at least Pearl.

Convert a PBY-5 to PBY-5A so you can fill out the 5s. I've done so for about 3 groups to date. Even if you have only 1 or 2 PBY-5As in the new group, do so. You can fill them out later.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 285
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/24/2013 11:34:50 PM   
moore4807

quote:

Spend the PP to buy out your USA based PBYs. Maybe one or two stay back.

Get them to at least Pearl.

Convert a PBY-5 to PBY-5A so you can fill out the 5s. I've done so for about 3 groups to date. Even if you have only 1 or 2 PBY-5As in the new group, do so. You can fill them out later.

IIRC - two groups cannot be bought (greyed out - "West Coast HQ") Otherwise I will do exactly as you suggest when I get the next turn, Now does the West Coast command include the Aleutians? I know it switches to N.Pacific sometime in 42, or I can move the extra Midway PBY's up there...

So right now P.H., Palmyra, Johnston Is, & Midway are my manned PBY outposts -

PS: I'm also sending Lexington and Saratoga CV's to pick up the extra Marine Fighter groups at S.D. The CVTF doesnt have to dock to accept the groups right?

I'm going to try to keep the CV's around 5-6 hexes from the west coast because of John's aggressiveness with the subs there. I'll keep the TBD's on ASW with range of 1 while I'm traveling there.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 286
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/24/2013 11:47:35 PM   
moore4807

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Dec 22, 41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only a little action on the US fronts...

ASW attack near Pago Pago at 148,161
Japanese Ships
SS I-10

Allied Ships
DD Lawrence

Japanese Ships
SS I-169

Allied Ships
KV Chevreuil
PG D'Iberville

Sub vs Sub: SS I-9 attacking SS S-27 at 181,132
Japanese Ships
SS I-9

Allied Ships
SS S-27

Japanese Ships
SS I-169

Allied Ships
DM Sicard
DM Pruitt

B-17's are staying with the designated target...

Morning Air attack on 90th Infantry Regiment, at 80,89 (Butuan)
Weather in hex: Light rain
Raid spotted at 18 NM, estimated altitude 19,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 4 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-17D Fortress x 13

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
38 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

But John's figured out where the B-17's are...

Afternoon Air attack on Cagayan , at 79,89
Weather in hex: Heavy cloud
Raid detected at 20 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 7 minutes

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 7

No Japanese losses

Airbase hits 6
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 16

Here's the days Combat Report, I will include them (if I remember!)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 287
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/25/2013 12:00:05 AM   
moore4807

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Dec 23, 41

I see around 3 subs outside of the L.A./S.D. area and just one outside S.F. but the iD of the sub keeps changing...

ASW attack near San Francisco at 218,72
Japanese Ships
SS I-7

Allied Ships
DD Stribling

I guess John doesn't like the floatplane results...

Morning Air attack on TF, near Lucena at 79,79
Weather in hex: Thunderstorms
Raid spotted at 4 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 1 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 2
Ki-27b Nate x 7

Allied aircraft
SOC-1 Seagull x 4

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
SOC-1 Seagull: 1 destroyed

Japanese Ships
xAK Kyusyu Maru

I didn't get the SCTF out of the area in time...sigh

Morning Air attack on TF, near Canton Island at 156,138
Weather in hex: Thunderstorms
Raid spotted at 19 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 33
B5N2 Kate x 21
D3A1 Val x 25

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N2 Kate: 2 damaged
D3A1 Val: 4 damaged
D3A1 Val: 1 destroyed by flak

Allied Ships
CA Minneapolis, Bomb hits 2
CL Helena, Bomb hits 2
DD Conyngham
DD Cummings, Bomb hits 2

This is the good...

Morning Air attack on 90th Infantry Regiment, at 80,89 (Butuan)
Weather in hex: Partial cloud
Raid spotted at 19 NM, estimated altitude 21,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 5 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-17D Fortress x 14

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
117 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 8 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

This is the bad...

Afternoon Air attack on Cagayan , at 79,89
Weather in hex: Heavy rain
Raid detected at 21 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 7 minutes

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 7

Allied aircraft
no flights

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
B-17D Fortress: 4 damaged

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 5

This is the ugly...

Ground combat at Cagayan (79,89)
Japanese Bombardment attack
Attacking force 3480 troops, 49 guns, 3 vehicles, Assault Value = 224
Defending force 5675 troops, 24 guns, 62 vehicles, Assault Value = 138

Assaulting units:
90th Infantry Regiment
1st Kure Assault Division

Defending units:
3rd PA Constabulary Regiment
102nd PA Infantry Regiment
1st /101st PA Battalion
Cagayan USAAF Base Force
Mindanao Force Corps

I forgot the Combat Report in the very next post... <sigh>

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by moore4807 -- 12/25/2013 1:29:32 AM >

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 288
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/25/2013 12:07:29 AM   
ny59giants

quote:

PS: I'm also sending Lexington and Saratoga CV's to pick up the extra Marine Fighter groups at S.D. The CV TF doesn't have to dock to accept the groups right?

Each of my American CV (except Wasp) get an 18 fighter plane Marine group. I like having 45 fighters per CV. The name of the game is "survivability."

No, you don't have to dock for them to be flown aboard. Just within transfer range.

B-17Ds in Philippines - I send them first to Java and eventually to India.

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 289
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/25/2013 12:15:43 AM   
moore4807

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

+1 to above.

You need recon more than bombers now. And you need to consider you can't defend him much atm, you need to build up places that are a REAL stretch for him. Not the historical sites, but the game sites. That was (one of) my biggest mistakes in my first PBEM, defending historical. This is a game, not a simulator.

A perfectly reasonable statement... against an masterful opponent! <grin> I'm using the B-17's at P.H. to search along with the PBY's along the line...

So far he has been more aggressive against the Pacific bases than I figured on... I thought he was going to lock down the SRA and start importing the oil and resources from there. I'm obviously wrong (again).

I'm surely appreciative of the advice, but I'm starting to think I'm dain bramaged because I am feeling the pressure when NY59Giants (Michael) is already on me about the PBY's and were two weeks into the war... HE is ABSOLUTELY correct in what he's saying, but I know I'm 50% the player he is just from reading his help guides and he sent us examples of his past games as the Allies... But I only get better and learn by playing!

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 290
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/25/2013 12:28:59 AM   
moore4807

quote:

quote:

Each of my American CV (except Wasp) get an 18 fighter plane Marine group. I like having 45 fighters per CV. The name of the game is "survivability."

I've learned that lesson already. Do you keep the Marine groups at 50%CAP/30%TRN/20%Rest? unless they are likely to battle of course.

quote:

No, you don't have to dock for them to be flown aboard. Just within transfer range.

I just wanted to check before I made a stupid mistake here...

quote:

B-17Ds in Philippines - I send them first to Java and eventually to India.

But with the 2 player split I would have to "buy out" the groups to transfer them to Larry's command... makes it just a little bit harder to compensate for John having to play 2 players...

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 291
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/25/2013 12:43:14 AM   
moore4807

"Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night"

I'm off to the in-laws in the morning. AND whatever that may bring!

Be safe and happy!

Jim

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 292
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/25/2013 12:48:07 AM   
Mike McCreery

quote:

ORIGINAL: moore4807

"Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night"

I'm off to the in-laws in the morning. AND whatever that may bring!

Be safe and happy!

Jim

Just add alcohol. What could go wrong?

Merry Christmas to you as well ;]

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 293
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/25/2013 2:29:44 AM   
ny59giants

Jim,

I bought WITP for a Christmas present to myself in 2004. So, I've got a 'few' years of experience playing the Allies and to lesser extent Japan over the years. I've learned the things that need to be done early as the Allies. You are playing a person, John 3rd, who has always used his navy aggressively in the beginning. You will adjust and learn.

(in reply to Mike McCreery)
Post #: 294
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/25/2013 3:11:35 AM   
witpqs

And good training for newer players, too, I think!

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 295
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/25/2013 5:00:17 PM   
larryfulkerson

John has grabbed Baker island. Now he has some backup for Canton island. I haven't noticed any aircraft on Canton but if they aren't
there yet they will be shortly I'm betting.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 296
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/25/2013 5:05:01 PM   
larryfulkerson

And to make things worse for the Allies yet, John has captured Malden. That's practically inside my shipping lanes. I'll have to shift the
lanes and maybe even traverse off-map. This is going to be bad news if he puts some aircraft there. And surely he's going to.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 297
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/25/2013 5:24:51 PM   
witpqs

Crikey!

That's the reason for preparing along multiple lines of fallback. Don't be surprised if he makes a grab in the Marquesas Islands. Maybe even the Tuamoto Islands, Society Islands, or Cook Islands.

Post #: 298
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/25/2013 6:30:17 PM   
Encircled

He's going for Oz

Its not 100% guaranteed, but if he goes any further south......

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 299
RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 - 12/25/2013 10:06:44 PM   
pws1225

+1 to what ny59giants and witpqs say. John will give you a run for your money up front, but time is on your side. And since you're retired, you have all the time in the world. What can go wrong?

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Command Decisions: Yeomen vs. Samurai RA 6.4 Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI