Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

download trouble at Matrix

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> download trouble at Matrix Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
download trouble at Matrix - 1/27/2003 12:55:53 AM   
BARKHORN

I just purchased the Lost Victories campaign disc and went to download the patches.I was able to d/l the 1.2 patch but got a 530 authentification error when i attempted to d/l 1.1,what's the problem?:(
Post #: 1
- 1/27/2003 2:08:22 AM   
Supervisor

Just tried the links and they work fine. First you don't need to be logged in to retrieve downloads, this 503 error means the servers are busy, just try again later. If still have trouble try this after attempting to download the file, close all other windows except the one you trying to download with then refresh. Also Windows has a nasty habit of remembering failed login attempts, so clear all your cookies and history and restart Windows and start fresh. If you have a FTP download client program here is the login information for it.

FTP login:

Host: ftp.matrixgames.com
Port: 21
Login: anonymous
Password: Your Email Address
FTP login:
use PASV mode

Here is the direct link to the 1.1 download. [URL=ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/LostVictories1941/Patch-MCLV-1.zip]LV 1.1 patch[/URL] and the sound update patch [URL=ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/LostVictories1941/Patch-MCLV-Sounds.zip]LV sound update patch[/URL]

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 2
- 1/27/2003 2:28:52 AM   
BARKHORN

Tried the direct link and got a 530 message.The trouble is I've been trying for DAY's to get these d/l's with no success,just get the same 530 message for both 1.1 and sound package are there any mirror's or is this the only site?I can't spend hour's in front of the computer trying to obtain seemingly important updates to a product that i've purchased,I've already done that to no avail.As you can tell this is starting to get my goat up.I do not want to play a unpatched version and also don't want a 24.99$ drink coaster like the myriad aol disc's I receive.

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 3
- 1/27/2003 2:42:38 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

When in doubt there is always the vast Steel Panthers community.

If all you require is a patch file, there haaaaaas to be a member in a position to send the file to you directly.

Heck it could be me even.

I am assuming you are equipped to recieve a file via any number of electronic options such as the common chat instant messenger programs.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 4
- 1/27/2003 3:02:12 AM   
Supervisor

Direct links are still working, like I said a 503 error means the servers are just busy. The bulk of the busyness comes by way of the vast downloads for Uncommon Valor and Starships Unlimited.

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 5
- 1/27/2003 1:52:45 PM   
David Heath

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BARKHORN
[B]Tried the direct link and got a 530 message.The trouble is I've been trying for DAY's to get these d/l's with no success,just get the same 530 message for both 1.1 and sound package are there any mirror's or is this the only site?I can't spend hour's in front of the computer trying to obtain seemingly important updates to a product that i've purchased,I've already done that to no avail.As you can tell this is starting to get my goat up.I do not want to play a unpatched version and also don't want a 24.99$ drink coaster like the myriad aol disc's I receive. [/B][/QUOTE]

I will look into this as well.... you should not be having this problem for days.

David

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> download trouble at Matrix Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI