Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Automation & Mining Stations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Automation & Mining Stations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Automation & Mining Stations - 12/30/2013 5:47:52 PM   
mxmissile

Sorry for all the newb questions...

Automation is queuing up mining stations on some planets, but I cannot figure out how to disable that. It's not doing it on *all* planets as far as I can tell, just some. Anyway to disable that completely?
Post #: 1
RE: Automation & Mining Stations - 12/30/2013 5:54:20 PM   
btd64

Hi mxmissle, look under empire settings , top row of buttons on left.
Cheers.

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to mxmissile)
Post #: 2
RE: Automation & Mining Stations - 12/30/2013 6:49:24 PM   
elanaagain

Another way to stop mining bases from auto upgrading is to go to the design ships section, turn off all "auto" in the two columns to the far right (the ones relating to mine designs. Alos, when the dialog window comes up, telling you your researchers have a new tech, and asking you if you want to auto implement these changes in your current ships/bases, respond with 'no.' happy new year.

USA = Corporatist Serfdom of America: free range surf technology

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 3
RE: Automation & Mining Stations - 12/30/2013 7:26:32 PM   
Osito

mxmissile, are you talking about mining stations being queued up for a retrofit or being queued up to be built? Or do you mean that ships are queuing up to dock with the mining stations?

PS Don't worry about 'newb' questions.

(in reply to mxmissile)
Post #: 4
RE: Automation & Mining Stations - 12/30/2013 7:40:35 PM   
Canute0

When you queue a base, the order directly move to the nearest construction ship.
So far i know there is no way to individualy remove a single queued order from the ship. You just can clear all orders.
You need to browse through the construction ships (press Y, or sort the ship window by construction yard) and look who got the order, then clear his queued orders.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 5
RE: Automation & Mining Stations - 12/30/2013 8:19:33 PM   
mxmissile

I'm talking about when a mining station is being queued to be built, not upgraded. Somehow stations are being queued to be built without my approval, that is what I am trying to stop.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 6
RE: Automation & Mining Stations - 12/30/2013 8:35:30 PM   
Osito

quote:

ORIGINAL: mxmissile

I'm talking about when a mining station is being queued to be built, not upgraded. Somehow stations are being queued to be built without my approval, that is what I am trying to stop.

Ok, well the mining stations are built by constructors, so one way to control that is to take manual control of the constructors - that way, they only build what you want. If you leave the constructors on auto, I'm not sure you can control what they build - maybe others have some ideas about that.

Osito

(in reply to mxmissile)
Post #: 7
RE: Automation & Mining Stations - 12/31/2013 6:43:53 AM   
Canute0

He said queued orders. Constructors on auto. don't queue their own order they decide what to build when they are idle.

Queued orders only comes when he order to build a station somewhere by clicking at the icon at the info window down left while he select a planet/object or use the expansion planer.
And i already wrote how to find an cancel these orders.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 8
RE: Automation & Mining Stations - 12/31/2013 11:02:10 AM   
Osito

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canute

He said queued orders. Constructors on auto. don't queue their own order they decide what to build when they are idle.

Queued orders only comes when he order to build a station somewhere by clicking at the icon at the info window down left while he select a planet/object or use the expansion planer.
And i already wrote how to find an cancel these orders.

Actually, I'm not quite sure where he said "queued orders", but perhaps my eyesight is failing me.

I thought mxmissile was referring to the message you see on planets, moons, etc., which says "Construction ship queued to build mining stations here". If that were the case, then you will inevitably see these "queued stations" when constructions ships are on auto (as far as I know). Nevertheless, I admit that I may have misunderstood mxmissile's question.

(in reply to Canute0)
Post #: 9
RE: Automation & Mining Stations - 1/1/2014 12:18:08 AM   
mxmissile

Ok, I figured it out, when constructors are automated, they will give themselves orders to build stations on various planets as your explorers explore new planets, not sure what the criteria is though, cause like I said, not all planets get queued up to have a station built on them automatically.

If constructor automation is disabled (all constructors), no stations get queued to be built. Unless of course I do it.

IMO, there should be a mid-level of constructor automation, one that the constructor will pick up queued jobs and do them but NOT create new jobs.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 10
RE: Automation & Mining Stations - 1/1/2014 9:40:06 AM   
HariSeldon

You can do this using the "Queue next job" option and planify many constructions.

If your construction ship is set to manual, he will wait for new orders when he has finished planified jobs.

Hari

(in reply to mxmissile)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Automation & Mining Stations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI