Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reinforcement air groups

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Reinforcement air groups Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reinforcement air groups - 12/31/2013 8:42:07 PM   
ndworl

Do you need to actually have the aircraft for an air group to appear? For example, using PDU, I don't want to build Oscar IIs. But if I don't, would I not get those air groups?
Post #: 1
RE: Reinforcement air groups - 1/2/2014 5:35:28 PM   
ColCathcart

Hi ndworl (Happynewyear! ),
Don't play stock so I did not experienced your dilemma myself (in CHS Oscar-II is good enough plane to be produced in limited quantities at least) but my understanding is that there must be either at least a few planes of the given plane type in the pool or there must be full complement in pool of different plane type to which the airgroup can be up- or down-graded. Planes to which the air groups can be "graded" up or down are these which are on given plane research/upgrade path as defined by given scenario.
So in stock I would expect Oscar-II groups to be auto-downgraded to Nates - which you should have plenty in the pool.

I have direct experience with Nick-A planes. It happened twice (in CHS with variable reinfocement shedule) that I got a Nick group before I was able to produce any planes of that type. Because in that case there was no plane available in the pool to which the group could be auto-downgraded the group was hanging on my reinforcement list till Nick production started. After first few Nicks reached the pool group was released and avail on map but only with that few Nick planes and - what's more important - corresponding number of only few pilots. Empty pilot slots had to be later manually filled from IJAAF pool.

(in reply to ndworl)
Post #: 2
RE: Reinforcement air groups - 1/2/2014 6:58:26 PM   
ndworl

Yes that was what I thought would happen. So the choice is to invest in all the airframes so you can produce at least one air group, or live with a smaller number of air groups (which might reduce flexibility in training) and lose the training benefits those air groups might have arrived with.

(in reply to ndworl)
Post #: 3
RE: Reinforcement air groups - 1/3/2014 4:16:56 PM   
ColCathcart

Actually I believe it depends on the airframe (and scenario too). In your case (assuming you playing stock) I think you will get your Oscar-II airgroups coming as scheduled but auto-downgraded to Nates. But that's just what I *think* - I *may* be wrong of course. And if I'm wrong you will be with your Oscar groups in similar situation as I was with my Nick group. I don't know how tight is your airframe production & research plan but I would just reserve one small factory for emergency situation like that and then if you find out that the airgroups refuse to auto-downgrade itself and are hanging on the reinforcement list you can use such small factory to produce cheaply a few Oscar-II frames which will be enough to release a group. And then you would switch the group to different plane refilling empty pilot slots manually. Freed Oscar-II frames would be then ready for reuse with next group.

(in reply to ndworl)
Post #: 4
RE: Reinforcement air groups - 1/3/2014 5:41:29 PM   
ndworl

Hi Col
Yes that's a good plan. Thanks! So the trick is to avoid having any of the planes at all, so you don't get an understrength air group which you then have to fill out with untrained pilots (using another air frame).

(in reply to ColCathcart)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Reinforcement air groups Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI