Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

481 Bug Report - Sub insists on engaging even after marked as neutral or friendly

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> 481 Bug Report - Sub insists on engaging even after marked as neutral or friendly Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
481 Bug Report - Sub insists on engaging even after mar... - 1/5/2014 7:10:09 PM   
Shemar

I am trying to get my sub to obey orders. Instead it keeps insisting to try to engage an unknown sub contact even after said contact has been marked as neutral or friendly.

Behavior:
- Sub is set to no AI attacks. It is not part of any missions and all its Doctrine and ROE behaviors are set to off. In other words it has been told to not do anything unless I tell it to.
- When I give it a movement order it promptly disregards it and acquires the unknown sub as a target
- I mark the unknown sub as neutral and order my sub to drop it as a target... no change my sub still deletes my movement path and re-engages the now marked a neutral contact.
- I mark the unknown sub as friendly and again order my sub to drop the target... no change.

Savegame attached. Playing Build 481.

But I think the bigger issue here is... the "Hold Fire (No AI attacks)" function is not working as expected. It should work as "do not acquire targets". Instead what it does is "acquire targets and move to attack them, taking all the risks and ruining all my plans, but once you get into firing position and if your AI stupidity has not gotten you killed, don't fire".

Yes I am a little frustrated, forced AI behaviors on my supposedly manually controlled units has been my most major pet peeve in 30 years of computer gaming

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Shemar -- 1/5/2014 8:12:07 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 481 Bug Report - Sub insists on engaging even after... - 1/5/2014 7:42:10 PM   
mikmykWS

Try pressing the u button.

Mike

(in reply to Shemar)
Post #: 2
RE: 481 Bug Report - Sub insists on engaging even after... - 1/5/2014 8:09:43 PM   
Shemar

I did. Also tried right-click -> Unassign (I assume it is the same thing but I tried both methods). No change. Sub is stuck re-aquiring the target and deleting my movement orders. That's one stubborn captain!

I got through by opening movement orders (one F3 press) and leaving it active (not pressing F3 again to close), then clicking on the map every time I saw my movement order dissapear (each lasted about a second). I was able to get my sub far enough away to lose the contact and was lucky enough not to get hit, so I am passed that point. It seems that my sub would give up trying to "dogfight" the evemy sub if the contact got more than a few seconds old.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> 481 Bug Report - Sub insists on engaging even after marked as neutral or friendly Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI