Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Supply Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply Issue - 1/9/2014 1:53:28 AM   
lab_eu

Hi,

I'm newbie on this forum but not from WIF. I played a dozen complete games 10-15 years ago and I'm eager to play it again on computer.

However, maybe I'm really rusty or maybe it is a bug or something new with the new asian map scale but:
- How come my HQ is not in supply?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Supply Issue - 1/9/2014 2:15:11 AM   
Courtenay

There are known supply problems in China. Frequently, though, the program is just temporarily confused, and a supply problem can be fixed by saving your game, exiting, and restoring. If that does not work, then there is a more serious bug. If reloading does not work, please post your game; someone will want to look at it.

(To post a game, save the game in zip format. If using Windows, go to C\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games, find your game, right click on it, click on "Send to", then click on "Compressed (zipped) folder". This will get you a zipped folder; then click on "Post reply" on the forum, and, after you have written a message explaining what it is, click on "Click here to upload", and browse for your zipped file. Don't try and post an unzipped file; the forum will not accept it.)

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to lab_eu)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply Issue - 1/10/2014 7:48:20 AM   
joshuamnave

quote:

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

There are known supply problems in China. Frequently, though, the program is just temporarily confused, and a supply problem can be fixed by saving your game, exiting, and restoring. If that does not work, then there is a more serious bug. If reloading does not work, please post your game; someone will want to look at it.

(To post a game, save the game in zip format. If using Windows, go to C\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games, find your game, right click on it, click on "Send to", then click on "Compressed (zipped) folder". This will get you a zipped folder; then click on "Post reply" on the forum, and, after you have written a message explaining what it is, click on "Click here to upload", and browse for your zipped file. Don't try and post an unzipped file; the forum will not accept it.)

The problem that I've had with this work around is that it sometimes only temporarily clears up the software's temporary confusion. More than once I've reloaded it to bring everyone back in supply, declared my attacks, and then when it was time to resolve the attack half the units were out of supply again.

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply Issue - 1/10/2014 4:58:57 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zartacla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

The problem that I've had with this work around is that it sometimes only temporarily clears up the software's temporary confusion. More than once I've reloaded it to bring everyone back in supply, declared my attacks, and then when it was time to resolve the attack half the units were out of supply again.

Unfortunately, thats the way this is at the moment. It is on the to fix list, but more pressing matters are higher on that one...

Peter

(in reply to joshuamnave)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply Issue - 1/11/2014 3:09:23 AM   
Braig

That area is a Bermuda Triangle for supply. One thing to watch for is hex control. Like the hex 3 down from your pointer in the screen shot.

< Message edited by Braig -- 1/11/2014 4:09:58 AM >

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply Issue - 1/11/2014 11:42:31 AM   
chekers_MatrixForum

I find just picking up the headquarters and pressing esc to put it back down recalculates the supply and fixes the problem for me. The only problem I find is when it's the allies turn if they manage to ground strike anything with their lend leased planes my units get screwed since they are "out of supply" and disorganized even though it should only be one. :(

(in reply to Braig)
Post #: 6
RE: Supply Issue - 1/11/2014 3:59:04 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: chekers

I find just picking up the headquarters and pressing esc to put it back down recalculates the supply and fixes the problem for me. The only problem I find is when it's the allies turn if they manage to ground strike anything with their lend leased planes my units get screwed since they are "out of supply" and disorganized even though it should only be one. :(

If this is reproducible, please post it with a saved game in Tech Support.

Paul

(in reply to chekers_MatrixForum)
Post #: 7
RE: Supply Issue - 1/11/2014 10:12:30 PM   
chekers_MatrixForum

It's every game I play all I have to do is pick the headquarters up and press esc to put them back in supply.

edit: I just checked and none of the games I have saved currently is showing any of the Japanese in that area out of supply right now. As soon as I see one I will save the game and send it over.

< Message edited by chekers -- 1/11/2014 11:17:44 PM >

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 8
RE: Supply Issue - 1/12/2014 7:45:42 AM   
paulderynck

Sorry, I thought you were reporting that only lend lease planes that successfully ground strike are not only disorganizing the unit but at the same time putting it out of supply. I guess you meant they are OOS during the allied impulse when they shouldn't be (and then this is really bad if a ground strike gets lucky)?

Paul

Post #: 9
RE: Supply Issue - 1/12/2014 12:20:29 PM   
AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: chekers

It's every game I play all I have to do is pick the headquarters up and press esc to put them back in supply.

edit: I just checked and none of the games I have saved currently is showing any of the Japanese in that area out of supply right now. As soon as I see one I will save the game and send it over.

Sometimes the rest of the surrounding units is in supply again, but the picking up of the HQ makes it disorganized.

The "Chinese supply Bermuda triangle" is roughly between Lakes Poyang, Tungtin and the Yangtze River Road, stretching a bit south of Lake Tungtin. My own theory is that on top of the known Overseas Supply bug (also seen in North Africa and even in France) the Yangtze River Road is not completely functioning as a railroad for supply purposes, creating confusion for the code.

Edit: spelling errors

< Message edited by AxelNL -- 1/12/2014 1:21:35 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Supply Issue - 1/12/2014 3:16:39 PM   
joshuamnave

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Sorry, I thought you were reporting that only lend lease planes that successfully ground strike are not only disorganizing the unit but at the same time putting it out of supply. I guess you meant they are OOS during the allied impulse when they shouldn't be (and then this is really bad if a ground strike gets lucky)?

That is correct. Japanese units are often out of supply during the allied impulse when they should not be. They are also out of supply at other points where the game can't be saved and reloaded, or where the other tricks to get them to resupply are not working.

My own theory is that it's the rail hex right below the lake, with the U turn in the rail line. I say that because my supply is fine until I get past that hex, and then it's fine again after I link the rail line up in Hengyang.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 11
RE: Supply Issue - 1/12/2014 3:52:03 PM   
AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zartacla

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

That is correct. Japanese units are often out of supply during the allied impulse when they should not be. They are also out of supply at other points where the game can't be saved and reloaded, or where the other tricks to get them to resupply are not working.

My own theory is that it's the rail hex right below the lake, with the U turn in the rail line. I say that because my supply is fine until I get past that hex, and then it's fine again after I link the rail line up in Hengyang.

in order to pinpoint (or triangulate) the Chinese supply Bermuda Triangle bug we need to first to have the overseas supply bug fixed. You could be right, but there might be other issues in that area.

(in reply to joshuamnave)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Supply Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI